Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if Mariota has a better rookie year than Bortle's sorphmore year

Hate the tacks as much as anyone but I like the Mariotta pick. Don't think he will be a top 5 guy but 10-15 range

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wasn't impressed with Mariota before the draft, and thought he'd be a reach at #2. In all honesty, I thought the same thing about Bortles. I saw enough from Bortles in the preseason to make me change my mind, he can be a great QB if he can get the mechanics to the point where it comes naturally without needing to think about it. We'll see about Mariota.

After the 2014 draft, Dave Caldwell said that Bortles was the best QB in that and the next draft. If he's right then Bortles will be better than Mariota and Winston.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I hate the Tacks. I hope he goes become their Gabbert.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I hate the Tacks. I hope he goes become their Gabbert.

Likely too.

If Mariota has a better year than Bortles then it's time to clean house

I like cheese.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Not trying to be negative or anything, but how would anyone here feel if at the end of week 17, Mariota has a more impressive year -- statwise and playmaking ability and performance -- than Bortle's sorphmore year?
[Image: Dr.-Who.gif]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

It is almost expected being a Jaguars fan, so nothing?

Quote:If Mariota has a better year than Bortles then it's time to clean house
Pretty much.

Wait. Are we just gonna act like the man DIDN'T write "sorphmore"?!?!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Mariota will be like Kaep without the great supporting cast. IOW, he'll be pretty bad.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Mariota will be like Kaep without the great supporting cast. IOW, he'll be pretty bad.

I gotta agree. Kaepernick is about the best anyone can hope for from that kind of QB, and when he faces a team that can match up with his own (Seattle) he throws a ton of INTs. I'm thinking back over the years for the last time a guy coming out of such a gimmicky offense was a top 10 level passer in a real NFL style offense, and aside from Rodgers who spent years on the bench learning behind a hall of famer I can't remember a single one. Maybe the key is that running guys coming out of gimmick systems need years on the bench behind a hall of famer?

Who cares?  As long as Bortles has a better year than Bortles rookie season, that's what matters.  Some of you are just looking for something to create angst over. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Either way it's not like it matters, we wouldn't have had a chance at either of those QBS
This

It doesnt matter we didnt pass on him 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Who cares?  As long as Bortles has a better year than Bortles rookie season, that's what matters.  Some of you are just looking for something to create angst over. 

He could be below average and have a better season statistically. He needs to be a franchise-worthy QB this season.

Quote:I'm sorry but that's hilarious

Not to the dog.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Wait. Are we just gonna act like the man DIDN'T write "sorphmore"?!?!

So he wasn't great in English class, that's never been a big deal on this MB.

Quote:Not trying to be negative or anything, but how would anyone here feel if at the end of week 17, Mariota has a more impressive year -- statwise and playmaking ability and performance -- than Bortle's sorphmore year?

I just want to sweep the tacks this season with their new rookie QB, although we will probably split with them again, as usual.

Don't even mention the other option because I don't want to hear it.

everybody is talking up mariota like they tried to sell us on manziel last year... from the reports im hearing winston is holding his own in the practices with the 1's.. and might have a big season, he's certainly more advanced than teddy bridgewater coming out of college that much is certain

mariota too me has a high bust rate, i dont think hes ready yet, he needs to sit

As long as Bortles improves noticeably and doesn't cost us so many potential victories with the pick six  -- I don't care what Mariota does (except when he faces the Jags.) 

If Bortles completion %, passing yards and TD numbers go up while the INTs go down  -- then I'm happy.  I think he's got big, big upside and it might be his third or fourth year before he really starts to plateau at a high level of play.