Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if Mariota has a better rookie year than Bortle's sorphmore year

Quote: 

<div>
Although Rotoworld did post this about WR Allen Robinson

ESPN Jaguars reporter Mike DiRocco says Allen Robinson was the team's "most impressive offensive player" during OTAs and had "numerous wow catches."

It's similar to what the Associated Press reported from Jags minicamp last week. Robinson has earned the title of No. 1 wideout with his play, starting with last year's injury-shortened yet impressive rookie campaign and continuing on once healed from a broken foot. If Blake Bortles can even take a small step forward in Year 2, Robinson will be a steal in the middle rounds of fantasy drafts.

</div>

ADP is up to mid rounds!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Don't mistake my comment for saying he's going to be the next in a line of all time great QBs, I only mean that eye popping performance in the second or third season of a QB's career isn't a requirement for future success.
He doesn't need eye popping number, but he should at least have respectable numbers, especially in this era of football where any decent QB can put up good numbers. 

To me, it'll be a huge disapointment if Winston and Mariota clearly out perform Botles in their rookie year.

Quote:He doesn't need eye popping number, but he should at least have respectable numbers, especially in this era of football where any decent QB can put up good numbers.

To me, it'll be a huge disapointment if Winston and Mariota clearly out perform Botles in their rookie year.

Because that's what it's all about, after all, a QBs rookie year.

Just ask Robert Griffin.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Because that's what it's all about, after all, a QBs rookie year.

Just ask Robert Griffin.

Good point Rico.

RG3 won ROTY over both Luck and Wilson.

Think about that for a little while.

Would anyone in here take RG3 over either Luck or Wilson right now?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Good point Rico.

Or Tannehill? Heck, Foles even.

rg3 is one bad season away from being a career backup

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:rg3 is one bad season away from being a career backup

He is one play from never playing another snap again.  That injury he suffered against the jags last year was a freak thing but it seems to be a pattern with him.

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2015, 03:04 PM by archer56.)

Mariota is going to have to prove he can make a throw that is covered like this 

http://cdn2.streamable.com/video/d313a6e...27053.webm

almost every throw he had in Oregon the man beat the defender by 5 feet.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I'm more worried about Tim Tebow being decent for the Eagles. Can you imagine what would happen if we have another crappy year? That dead horse will resurrect.

No pain, no gain.

And are we all forgetting that both Luck and Wilson also had amazing rookie year?

Quote:I'm more worried about Tim Tebow being decent for the Eagles. Can you imagine what would happen if we have another crappy year? That dead horse will resurrect.

I wouldn't worry about that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:And are we all forgetting that both Luck and Wilson also had amazing rookie year?

I don't think anyone is forgetting about Luck and Wilson's "amazing" rookie years, it's just that the ROTY voters thought RG3 had the best rookie season and voted him ROTY.

Fast forward a few years since their rookie seasons and RG3 is clearly behind the other 2 and hasn't looked anything like a franchise QB since his rookie season. In fact he has looked pretty awful since that rookie season.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:And are we all forgetting that both Luck and Wilson also had amazing rookie year?

I don't really understand your point as related to my post. It's pretty irrelevant to what I said. It's about a quarterback's body of work over his career...not just his rookie year.

Then it just further proves how bad of an organization that we really are.

Quote:Then it just further proves how bad of an organization that we really are.

Or how bad of a fan you really are.

Huh

Quote:Then it just further proves how bad of an organization that we really are.

Herp. Derp.

Those pointing to RGIII's rookie year and his subsequent decline are not taking into consideration that RGIII mainly had success due to the offense that he was in. His rookie year, Washington tailored their offense to his skill set. RGIII ran a similar scheme to his college offense, which utilized his ability to run. The threat of the run game held the LBs close to the LOS and opened up easy throwing lanes. If you look at the passes RGIII completed, you would see that the receivers were wide open. Much of that was due to the run threat that he and Morris presented to the opposing defenses.

Once the defenses adjusted to the scheme and after RGIII's knee injury, RGIII had to excel as a traditional drop-back QB, which he struggled with, mightily. He was never a better passer than Wilson or Luck. The fans and the NFL were excited over his style of play and that led to the ROTY award. RGIII's play was definitely more style than substance. In my opinion, it was undeserved.

If Mariota can't develop as a traditional drop-back passer, then he too will be destined for failure. Guys like Wilson, Newton, Rogers, Bortles, and Luck -- who can both run and pass from the pocket -- are hard to defend. I can see Mariota falling into this category if he greatly develops his passing game.

He has to sign first.

That Championship game...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Running QB's typically don't last long in the NFL. (either they get hurt or their constant movement causes their line to get hurt from straying from the blocking scheme) Glad we've got a pocket passer. Mariota is just an NFL hit away from heading back to Hawaii.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana