Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Incoming Danielle Hunter?

Nothing really new here:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3809...ources-say
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like they’ve been having some convos this week.

Hopefully they can make this happen. Hunter makes everyone in the D instantly better.

I would be very happy to see this. Our weakest point right now is the pass rush, so adding him would instantly make everyone else better and would improve the secondary even more.

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/statu...915L-t18Xg

Bummer. Time for plan B.

Would appear Hunter resigned with the Vikings :/

Welp.

That's pretty disappointing tbh. Would have been massive. I'm still hoping that we can get Yann on a little 5 mil contract. Would be nice to have his pass rush.

I have a buddy who is a Vikings fan and he was giving me strong vibes that Hunter wanted to come to Jax. Sorry for the ‘this has legs’ post. He’s pretty plugged in but I guess he caught some bad info. I too hope we can add a veteran pass rush to the team.

(07-30-2023, 02:43 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: I have a buddy who is a Vikings fan and he was giving me strong vibes that Hunter wanted to come to Jax. Sorry for the ‘this has legs’ post. He’s pretty plugged in but I guess he caught some bad info. I too hope we can add a veteran pass rush to the team.

Very disappointing news for sure. I wish Baalke would have made this happen. Pass rushers like Hunter are very hard to find. I would have given a very legitimate chance to the Jaguars to win the Super Bowl (with a healthy Lawrence). Walker, Allen and Chaisson need to all step it up for this team to have any Super Bowl dreams.

The article made it sound like he might still be available for trade. He has a no tag clause for next year in the contract, so the Vikings wanting to move him for some sort of compensation sound’s believable.

(07-30-2023, 08:07 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: The article made it sound like he might still be available for trade. He has a no tag clause for next year in the contract, so the Vikings wanting to move him for some sort of compensation sound’s believable.
It's definitely still a possibility and he had to sign something before he could be traded.

Jags would have to sign a new deal though as the cap would be too high for this year right?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(07-25-2023, 11:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 11:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I just don’t know fellas. We’re strapped for cash as it is. We can trade a couple picks for a rental, but if we swipe our card it’s gonna decline if we have to put him under contract.

Lawrence’s deal is going to set an NFL record and Campbell is going to get a truck load of cash too.

I don’t wanna be the Rams. I want to make the tournament every year for the next 7 to 8 years.

The team is 20 million under the cap and can free up more next year if they dump Cam Robinson now. They can afford it and the future is now.

Looks like Hunter is off the market, or at least the parameters are set for his one-year rental -- must pay him $17M this year and give up compensation with no guarantee of having him in the future. I'd pass unless the compensation involved players, not draft picks. Maybe offload Chaisson and Hasty/Johnson because the Vikings need another running back. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3810...e-confirms
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt