Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Texans @ Jaguars Gameday***

(09-24-2023, 11:11 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 10:50 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Texans fans deserve to talk trash today. They spanked us

Sure...but to say their quarterback is better than ours or their team is better than ours because they won a game and I mean a game... GTFO come on seriously

Uh, CJ definitely has out played Trevor this year.... I dunno how you can say with straight face Trevor is better, at least in the moment (so far this season). Stroud is gonna be just fine, he's playing well for a rookie QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-24-2023, 09:55 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 08:47 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: No, the conversation went to bottom 10 because I said we were a bottom 10 team. Someone else said we are the worst team. It didn't transition from one to the other.

And we are a bottom 10 team right now. Yes, even only 3 games in.

Also, in reference to Stroud... why would Houston fans NOT feel better about Stroud than Lawrence? Stroud is already having a better rookie year than Trevor did.

Bawaaaha bawaaahaaaaa it totally did....did you comment on my post? Ya dude it was in reference to a post I was making to somebody else not you. You were the one that commented on my post that was related to something else.... You understand that right? My initial comment was to somebody who had posted that we were the worst team in the league and then it progressed from there... You understand how this works right or no?

Do you have a learning disability? I didn't quote you, and I was responding to the person that said we were the worst team in the league.

[Image: zeAtA]

(09-25-2023, 01:06 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 09:55 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Bawaaaha bawaaahaaaaa it totally did....did you comment on my post? Ya dude it was in reference to a post I was making to somebody else not you. You were the one that commented on my post that was related to something else.... You understand that right? My initial comment was to somebody who had posted that we were the worst team in the league and then it progressed from there... You understand how this works right or no?

Do you have a learning disability? I didn't quote you, and I was responding to the person that said we were the worst team in the league.

LOL, bro.  No need to be so antagonistic.  Just point out his error.  He'll feel dumb enough once he figures it out.

Gene Frenette article on Sunday’s game.

https://jacksonville-fl.newsmemory.com/?...24_134ad32

After giving all-too-brief responses about one of the Jacksonville Jaguars’ worst days at the EverBank Stadium office in nearly 20 years, Foye Oluokun continued sitting at his locker for another 15 minutes, staring blankly ahead.

He waited that long to start removing his uniform and pads.

It was as if the Jaguars’ linebacker wanted to take this painful moment in, perhaps to remind himself how he never wants to feel this lousy again.

Oluokun sitting almost frozen in the postgame locker room — as well as the 60 minutes of Jaguars’ football preceding it — was a picture of humility.

(09-24-2023, 08:38 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Or are you trying to say Stroud is better than Trevor? Over one game.... And once again you have a memory of a small goat so in the first three games Trevor didn't do it stroud did... Seriously you're basing everything off of one game I guarantee Texans have a losing record this year.... At the end of the season tell me Stroud is better than Trevor or the Texans are better than the jags and really you're going to go off of our first season with Trevor with the coaching staff that we had...

Texans had a winning record... End of the 2023 season: 2023 Stroud was better than 2023 Trevor, and the Texans were better than the jags in 2023.

(Just fulfilling a request)

(02-09-2024, 01:02 PM)cland Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 08:38 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Or are you trying to say Stroud is better than Trevor? Over one game.... And once again you have a memory of a small goat so in the first three games Trevor didn't do it stroud did... Seriously you're basing everything off of one game I guarantee Texans have a losing record this year.... At the end of the season tell me Stroud is better than Trevor or the Texans are better than the jags and really you're going to go off of our first season with Trevor with the coaching staff that we had...

Texans had a winning record... End of the 2023 season: 2023 Stroud was better than 2023 Trevor, and the Texans were better than the jags in 2023.

This is dumb Trevor played better in the second game than CJ. CJ is better at running around for 10 seconds and throwing it up than Trevor thats it imo. Why go resurrecting an old gameday thread? Should get a timeout.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2024, 03:50 PM by Charlie Sheen. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-09-2024, 01:20 PM)nhiverson Wrote:
(02-09-2024, 01:02 PM)cland Wrote: Texans had a winning record... End of the 2023 season: 2023 Stroud was better than 2023 Trevor, and the Texans were better than the jags in 2023.

This is dumb Trevor played better in the second game than CJ. CJ is better at running around for 10 seconds and throwing it up than Trevor thats it imo. Why go resurrecting an old gameday thread? Should get a timeout.

To be fair, Stroud did have a better year than Trevor and the Texans were better than the Jags. And, no, Trevor didn't outplay Stroud in game 2.

I've also seen mods resurrect older threads than this.

All's fair. I said it in a different thread. All the pressure falls back down on the tinhorns and Stroud to repeat. Best of luck to them with the exception of winning the division and winning against us. I think Stroud had a rookie season that will be very noteworthy for years to come. I think it's a testament to, not only his abilities, but, his overall leadership and he's a strong extension of his head coach, DeMeco and his offensive coordinator, Bobby.

His style of play, overall output and production was akin to what I remember seeing out of RGIII during his rookie season, sans the running ability, Stroud's more of a pocket passer that buys time Vs. relying on any mobility beyond moving the pocket or RPO type of action in their offense, however, some of the overall concepts, schemes and play designs are exactly what was ran out of Shanahan's playbook at Washington and it's been passed down onto Slowik and now Stroud.

It's a good offense. Always has been really. Funny enough, it's similar to the success the tinhorns had years ago with Schaub and Co. Nearly identical offense for the most part in practice and principles. This was with Shanahan there I believe and Kubiak at that time. My concern would be his style of play though. That running around stuff is cute here and there but trying to make a living out of that doesn't always bode well.

I think Baltimore gave everybody the blueprint on how to attack them and I think the expectations going into year two, as a spectator outside looking in? Might want to dial it back just a little bit.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."