Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 kickoff Chiefs vs lions

(09-07-2023, 09:25 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Mahomes has thrown a couple airballs that probably could have/should have been picked off.
Yep. At least two or three were pickable. I just hope our pass rush is present in the home opener.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That KC defense holding the Lions to 7 points in the first half is good for us . If this continues they will think they can get it done defensively without Jones

Every time I watch Mahomes play, all I can think about is Caldwell passing on him for Leonard Fournette.  Nothing less than a Superbowl win (shutting out KC to get there) will cure it.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-07-2023, 09:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Every time I watch Mahomes play, all I can think about is Caldwell passing on him for Leonard Fournette.  Nothing less than a Superbowl win (shutting out KC to get there) will cure it.
That had Coughlin's fingerprints on it as well.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-07-2023, 09:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 09:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Every time I watch Mahomes play, all I can think about is Caldwell passing on him for Leonard Fournette.  Nothing less than a Superbowl win (shutting out KC to get there) will cure it.
That had Coughlin's fingerprints on it as well.

Yes but Bortles was Dave's guy

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2023, 09:51 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-07-2023, 09:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That KC defense holding the Lions to 7 points in the first half is good for us . If this continues they will think they can get it done defensively without Jones
They're playing well against the run. Which is fine. We'll be spreading them out anyway offensively. Again, I just hope our pass rush is present.

Mahomes is still the best in the business when he's left uncontested in the pocket. If Kelce is back in 10 days we'll end up seeing Rice and Scantling making big plays downfield on us.

(09-07-2023, 09:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 09:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That had Coughlin's fingerprints on it as well.

Yes but Bortles was Dave's guy
He also passed on Jackson in favor of Bryan. That regime passed on 2 MVP caliber QBs. That's why they're no longer here.

Let's hope Lawrence can add an MVP title and Lombardi to the city.

Am I crazy or has the Chiefs oline false started a few times this game, but no call.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2023, 09:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

When KC said they were going to play Taylor at LT, I think they said that so Harrison would fall to them. It was a bluff

Booth just kind of confirmed it, and its been Jawaan Taylor lol.

Hutchinson over the guard and working Taylor good as well tonight.

They better move Walker and Allen around in week two. There's clearly some opportunities to get to Mahomes.

Hutchinson looking really good.

It wouldn't have mattered. The regime in place here at the time would have absolutely ruined Mahomes. Not only that, but I think he would have never developed into the talent he is now. Andy Reid groomed him personally. Anyone remember Reid sitting next to Mahomes on the bench when the defense was on the field?

(09-07-2023, 09:55 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Am I crazy or has the Chiefs oline false started a few times this game, but no call.
Yeah. Colinsworth is questioning it outright. "He pushes the envelope".

Yeah. Lol. Okay. If having the jitters damn near every play prior to snap and being 3 yards deep is legal? Must be nice.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2023, 10:03 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

These "new and improved" Lions just aren't impressive at all. Hutch and St. Brown are good. Everyone else, kinda bad.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2023, 10:04 PM by Caldrac.)

Kind of get the sense if KC goes up 21 to 7 here its over already. Detroit just looks flat offensively. St. Brown has been quiet since Q1.

(09-07-2023, 10:03 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: These "new and improved" Lions just aren't impressive at all. Hutch and St. Brown are good. Everyone else, kinda bad.
Yep.

(09-07-2023, 09:57 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Booth just kind of confirmed it, and its been Jawaan Taylor lol.

Taylor has always did it lol... He did it here his whole career. He's one of the best in the league at timing the snap. He isn't false starting.

Branch sighting

There's that dude Brian Branch

Nice heads up play by Branch.

Finally something exciting.