Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 Senior Bowl

(02-01-2024, 02:18 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 12:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: All Pro potential at NT.  Outland trophy winner.  He reminds me of Dexter Lawrence who went 17th overall

That's a good comp. Lawrence has become one of the top DT in the NFL. Maybe the fact he was taken at 17 is a sign for what the Jaguars should do.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/tvondr...e-football

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-01-2024, 04:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 02:18 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: That's a good comp. Lawrence has become one of the top DT in the NFL. Maybe the fact he was taken at 17 is a sign for what the Jaguars should do.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/tvondr...e-football

They would have to engineer some type of trade, but, it would be literally massive if they could land T'Vondre Sweat and Jackson Powers-Johnson somehow late on the opening night of the draft. 

Wouldn't mind seeing them trade down, with say, maybe Dallas at 24 while picking up one of these guys and then trying to trade back up with say maybe Green Bay to get the other guy. 

It would be a start. Unless they address both positions in free agency. I would STILL consider getting these guys though.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-01-2024, 05:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 04:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/tvondr...e-football

They would have to engineer some type of trade, but, it would be literally massive if they could land T'Vondre Sweat and Jackson Powers-Johnson somehow late on the opening night of the draft. 

Wouldn't mind seeing them trade down, with say, maybe Dallas at 24 while picking up one of these guys and then trying to trade back up with say maybe Green Bay to get the other guy. 

It would be a start. Unless they address both positions in free agency. I would STILL consider getting these guys though.

Prior to this week's Senior Bowl practices, the odds of landing these 2 players would have been pretty good, even if it meant trading up slightly in the 2nd round. Following this week, it is very unlikely they will be able to land both players. I don't believe JPJ will be available after pick 20, so the Jaguars would likely have to take him at 17. Sweat's stock probably rose the most this week and there's no way to predict how high he could actually go- maybe even prior to JPJ. Nose tackles with his potential don't come around that often. It would be very interesting to find out which player will be higher on the Jaguars' draft board.

If I were making a strategy for the post-season, I might be inclined to draft Sweat at 17 and take a center/guard in the 2nd or 3rd round. Zack Frazier, Christian Haynes and Sedrick Van Pran are all possibilities depending on how their evaluations go. If they went this route, they should take a veteran free agent center like Jon Feliciano since he would be cost-friendly and still a big upgrade from Fortner. They should also add at least one more guard in free agency, depending on what they do with Ezra Cleveland. Fortunately, there are 2 or 3 very good candidates including Dotson, Hunt and Zeitler. 

Not saying I'd rule out trading up from round 2 so the Jags could land JPJ and Sweat. If they could somehow do this without losing more than one valuable pick (3rd or 4th round), I'd likely make the deal. Both these players, barring injury, seem to be long-term starters with pro-bowl potential. Don't believe we can say that about Tank Bigsby, Ventrell Miller or Brenton Strange.

I'll gladly take CB Quinyon Mitchell.
https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status...1400648868

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Been waiting for updates from yall. Seriously nothing interesting happened at this thing?

(02-05-2024, 10:10 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Been waiting for updates from yall. Seriously nothing interesting happened at this thing?

Usually it's just a good barometer game used to raise stock for some players. Mostly your fringe day two and day three guys can jump up a solid round or sneak into the first half of rounds from some of these practices and performances. 

What really hurt, at least for us I think, is that, there was a good overall showing of offensive lineman and defensive lineman within the interior groups and that's going to make it that much harder now on getting more than one player that we need with our first three to four picks. 

Guys like Jackson Powers-Johnson and T'Vondre Sweat easily made it to where you would have to overdraft one of them with the 17th overall pick, or, try and trade down and justify the value there if possible while also running the risk of somebody else snatching them up.

I would like to see them land both of them personally. Landing two quality interior players that exude strength, power, and 2nd level gears is exactly what the Doctor ordered for this franchise. I would like to see them trade down at this time. Get me out of 17, slide down into the early 20's give or take while maybe picking up an early pick in the 30's or 40's.

Gives you a chance to land Sweat and Powers-Johnson.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."