Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 - NFL Draft - Wish List

(04-24-2024, 08:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What do yall think are the odds of Fuaga being there at 17?  The Saints I'm worried about the most

I think he's the next lineman after Alt, so he might not clear the top 10. I'd teleport to the podium with the card if he's still there at 17 and I couldn't find a decent trade back partner.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-24-2024, 08:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 08:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What do yall think are the odds of Fuaga being there at 17?  The Saints I'm worried about the most

I think he's the next lineman after Alt, so he might not clear the top 10. I'd teleport to the podium with the card if he's still there at 17 and I couldn't find a decent trade back partner.

Agreed, he's my number 2 OT and I think he will be on of the best RTs in the league.  He would be huge for our run game and he's a good pass blocker too.  Latu said he is the best tackle he's ever went up against.   I don't think the Bears or Falcons go tackle.  Jets could take Fuaga but I think Bowers would be to hard to pass up.  Fuaga could go top 10 but I think he makes it to the teens.  Fuaga would be a massive addition to our oline.

(04-24-2024, 08:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Either Fuaga or Fautanu would be excellent picks. Both will likely be very good NFL linemen with the potential of making several pro bowls. While I'd likely prefer Mitchell, Arnold and DeJean due to a greater immediate need for a cornerback, I'd also be very happy with either of these guys. It is very unlikely, however, that either will be available at 17.

(04-24-2024, 09:22 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 08:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think he's the next lineman after Alt, so he might not clear the top 10. I'd teleport to the podium with the card if he's still there at 17 and I couldn't find a decent trade back partner.

Either Fuaga or Fautanu would be excellent picks. Both will likely be very good NFL linemen with the potential of making several pro bowls. While I'd likely prefer Mitchell, Arnold and DeJean due to a greater immediate need for a cornerback, I'd also be very happy with either of these guys. It is very unlikely, however, that either will be available at 17.

I know you were high on Fashanu, I'm not sure about him.  Those mini hands are add too.  Do you still like him at 17 if he's available?

(04-24-2024, 09:26 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 09:22 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Either Fuaga or Fautanu would be excellent picks. Both will likely be very good NFL linemen with the potential of making several pro bowls. While I'd likely prefer Mitchell, Arnold and DeJean due to a greater immediate need for a cornerback, I'd also be very happy with either of these guys. It is very unlikely, however, that either will be available at 17.

I know you were high on Fashanu, I'm not sure about him.  Those mini hands are add too.  Do you still like him at 17 if he's available?

With a deep cb class this draft
Is it even possible we could potentially go b2b picks in the trenches

Rd 1- Fuaga
Rd 2- Frazier or JPJ [ if he is there or we trade down ]

I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that people don't see O-line as THE biggest need in this draft. We have 4 significant guys in that room right now who need an upgrade-level replacement for 2025. Adding little guys with high draft capital to a team with this roster is adding a Carbon Fiber wing to a Honda Civic.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-24-2024, 09:26 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 09:22 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Either Fuaga or Fautanu would be excellent picks. Both will likely be very good NFL linemen with the potential of making several pro bowls. While I'd likely prefer Mitchell, Arnold and DeJean due to a greater immediate need for a cornerback, I'd also be very happy with either of these guys. It is very unlikely, however, that either will be available at 17.

The only way I'd take Fashanu is if they plan to trade Cam Robinson on draft day. I believe he'd immediately be able to play left tackle at a fairly high level. Having him and Harrison as bookend tackles would be something I'd like to see with Little as the 1st off the bench in case of injury. He lacks the versatility of Fautanu and Fuaga, who could immediately play tackle or guard at high levels, as well as their run-blocking prowess.

(04-24-2024, 09:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that people don't see O-line as THE biggest need in this draft. We have 4 significant guys in that room right now who need an upgrade-level replacement for 2025. Adding little guys with high draft capital to a team with this roster is adding a Carbon Fiber wing to a Honda Civic.

Every year, without fail, 40% of this fan base falls in love with a receiver or two and convinces themselves it's the only reasonable option. 

I'll be very disappointed if we get to the 5th round and have not yet added an interior player on each side of the ball. 
And I'd prefer they address both sides before the 4th.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status...6020381952

Pick swap in the 1st round (17 and 31) plus a 4th or give up 48.

I'm in.

(04-24-2024, 09:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that people don't see O-line as THE biggest need in this draft. We have 4 significant guys in that room right now who need an upgrade-level replacement for 2025. Adding little guys with high draft capital to a team with this roster is adding a Carbon Fiber wing to a Honda Civic.

We obviously have 2 areas (at least) of disagreement regarding this draft.The Sweat issue we have covered and our differences are really not big about him. The same cannot be said about the order of team needs. Cornerback is the greatest need, because I have little confidence that Darby can play an entire season without injury causing him to miss several games and there are no other corners on the roster that have proven they are capable of starting. The current offensive line will not ever compare to the Redskins "Hogs" of the 80's or the Packers line in the 60's, but our coaching staff clearly believe they are capable of being at least average. If they lose a player to injury, which is extremely likely, they have confidence that Walker Little can fill in very capably at tackle or guard. After that, the depth is questionable. This draft is very deep at guard and I would hope they select one in the 3rd or 4th rounds to provide better depth and eventually become starters. I'd also add a tackle on day 3 to develop for the future. 

Our difference of opinion is NOT about the quality of the current line. I have no idea how the addition of Morse and improved health of Scherff and Cleveland will work out. I am hoping that the coaches are correct about their assessment of this group and they do not sustain too many injuries. If that happens, the line should be much improved. If the top corners ( Mitchell, Arnold and possibly DeJean) are off the board at 17, I'd be happy to add Fuaga or Fautanu since both would provide great value at that spot and would likely become starters before long.

(04-24-2024, 11:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status...6020381952

I'm in.
I feel like if they wanted Aiyuk they would have pulled the trigger by now.

Then the contract extension comes up. Giving up 17 and 48 for 31 and Aiyuk sounds good on paper.

Until you realize you don't pick again until 96 and you still have holes to fill that are important across the board.

Unless we think Baalke can combo up 114 and 116 to climb up again. We'll see I guess.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2024, 11:53 AM by Cleatwood.)

(04-24-2024, 11:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 11:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status...6020381952

I'm in.

Then the contract extension comes up. Giving up 17 and 48 for 31 and Aiyuk sounds good on paper.

Until you realize you don't pick again until 96 and you still have holes to fill that are important across the board.

Unless we think Baalke can combo up 114 and 116 to climb up again. We'll see I guess.

I think I wasn’t clear. 

I would give up a pick swap of 17/31 and a 4th.

Or 

Just pick 48.

If the #3 and #4 offensive tackles are still on the board and the Jags draft a WR I'm going to be pissed
They've improved the OLine by upgrading at center, but we still don't know what the future holds for one of the tackle spots. And this is with them knowing they have a franchise QB already.

They aren't going to extend CAM...and Walker isn't an upgrade to CAM. Fuaga would be an upgrade in two seasons.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(04-24-2024, 11:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 11:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I feel like if they wanted Aiyuk they would have pulled the trigger by now.

I think I wasn’t clear. 

I would give up a pick swap of 17/31 and a 4th.

Or 

Just pick 48.
I agree with this. Might prefer the first option since they could still get a very good player at 31 (McKinstry, Newton,JPJ).

Agree. OL by far biggest need and investment should reflect that. In an ideal world Jags take OL with 1st and second round picks. People shouldn't forget about Andrew Luck.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2024, 01:06 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-24-2024, 11:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

I'm in.

Not necessarily.  Could be contingent for us on who is there at 17 or even a few picks higher at 14.  We may have told them we would strongly consider this deal when we're on the clock, but not before.  If we're the only offer or the far and away best offer, they'd just have to wait. I'm not necessarily rooting for this outcome though. I think our TE/WR group is adequate and would prefer to draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th round to add to the mix while bolstering the lines in the 1st and 2nd.

(04-24-2024, 01:01 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 11:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I feel like if they wanted Aiyuk they would have pulled the trigger by now.

Not necessarily.  Could be contingent for us on who is there at 17 or even a few picks higher at 14.  We may have told them we would strongly consider this deal when we're on the clock, but not before.  If we're the only offer or the far and away best offer, they'd just have to wait.  I'm not necessarily rooting for this outcome though.  I think our TE/WR group is adequate and would prefer to draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th round to add to the mix while bolstering the lines in the 1st and 2nd.
My guess is that if they can't move into the top 10 for Odunze or Nabers (which I think they're ready to make a move) then they make a trade for Aiyuk.

No one is making a trade this close to the draft. I think you'll see lots of moves once the draft starts.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2024, 01:56 PM by Mikey.)

50%. Either he is, or he isn't. Big Grin

Prepare to be underwhelmed, friend.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2024, 04:41 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

They just had the media mock draft on 1010xl and Fuaga and Fautanu didn't even go in the 1st

(04-24-2024, 10:47 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 09:26 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I know you were high on Fashanu, I'm not sure about him.  Those mini hands are add too.  Do you still like him at 17 if he's available?
The only way I'd take Fashanu is if they plan to trade Cam Robinson on draft day. I believe he'd immediately be able to play left tackle at a fairly high level. Having him and Harrison as bookend tackles would be something I'd like to see with Little as the 1st off the bench in case of injury. He lacks the versatility of Fautanu and Fuaga, who could immediately play tackle or guard at high levels, as well as their run-blocking prowess.

So many big F'ers in this draft. I'd take any of those three, plus Mims, Latham, and some others. We need big uglies. Harrison could move to left tackle. Draft a right tackle/guard combo big ugly.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt