Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 Draft Day Round 1***

(04-25-2024, 11:04 PM)Ordar Wrote: Another great draft for the Lions

Yeah...but I wouldn't take the Lions receiving corp over the Jags'.

And if Trevor can cut down on the INTs...I believe the Jags will have the better overall team.     We upgraded the WR room in the offseason.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-25-2024, 10:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Can’t wait to see most of you back track
Won't be me.

Been on the BTJ train for months.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-25-2024, 11:04 PM)Firesky Wrote: Kirk, Thomas, Davis, Zay, Duvernay, Parker Washington

Spread em and shred em!! And that’s not even including Engram or Etienne in there, forget weapons we have an ARMORY!

Yup, forgot about Duvernay. That's the 6.

(04-25-2024, 11:04 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I wasn't sure because I was looking away while talking to my wife. So, not even a little glimpse? 

Why do they hate us so much?

ESPN didn’t, apparently the NFL network did.

I'm watching ESPN as well. Screw ESPN.

(04-25-2024, 11:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
Won't be me.

Love the pick especially with the trade back

Good pick! Always nice to have a burner on the edge!

ESPN draft coverage sucks. I can't stand Kiper. I always watch the NFL network coverage.

(04-25-2024, 10:58 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: 17 tds last year... In the sec
He feasted on bad defenses. He had 1 year. Plenty of question marks on if he will be able to be a #1 WR. Fits right in with all the other Jags 1st round WR picks.

He scored a long TD against FSU but he also wasn't the focus. When he wasn't the #1 WR on the team, kept under 100 against good teams, he probably wasn't worth the pick. The Jags need a sure fire starter, he'll probably start, but a CB there would have been better.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 11:21 PM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

I loved that pick. Like mentioned above, having zay jones as your 4th wr is a very nice abundance of weapons for Lawrence. The Jags are fully loaded. Now, work on that defense and online

The team has an Elite social media manager!

https://x.com/Jaguars/status/1783693094036148380
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-25-2024, 11:04 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Uhm...am I crazy to want the Jags to figure out a way to get Sweat early in the 3rd round?

Sweat is on my third round wish list.  In regards to trading up, it depends upon the cost.  Our only 3rd round pick is a comp pick and therefore really late, so I don't see us trading all the way up to the early 3rd.

What's with all the chick sunglasses?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

My last mock I did was a value mock. I didn't go BPA and I didn't go need. I went how I felt this draft would go with best value and I draft Brian Thomas Jr in the first. Only if Baalke plays this draft right

(04-25-2024, 11:13 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
He feasted on bad defenses. He had 1 year. Plenty of question marks on if he will be able to be a #1 WR. Fits right in with all the other Jags 1st round WR picks.

He scored a long TD against FSU but he also wasn't the focus. When he wasn't the #1 WR on the team, kept under 100 against good teams, he probably wasn't worth the pick. The Jags need a sure fire starter, he'll probably start, but a CB there would have been better.

Nothing says either corner that was bypassed by a lot of teams would have been better than Montaric Brown this upcoming season.   CB in the 2nd round could be just as productive...or could just as likely be a bust.  (See Emmanual Forbes last draft)

This team is going to go as far as Trevor Lawrence takes it, and they just gave him a tall/fast target with skill.    

Let's not be too negative.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

I'd have been happy with Thomas at 17, so I'm happy with the pick with the trade down and still getting him.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(04-25-2024, 11:13 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: ESPN draft coverage sucks. I can't stand Kiper. I always watch the NFL network coverage.

I don't like ESPN, but it's become such a tradition for me, I have a hard time changing the channel.

(04-25-2024, 11:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
Won't be me.

My man!

I’m just waiting for someone to come in with the “won’t matter when Trevor is on his back!”

(04-25-2024, 11:25 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:13 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: ESPN draft coverage sucks. I can't stand Kiper. I always watch the NFL network coverage.

I don't like ESPN, but it's become such a tradition for me, I have a hard time changing the channel.

Same!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-25-2024, 11:13 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

Loser

WR was my 4th option for our first round pick, but not upset with it especially in a trade back which I was very happy with. Lets address OL/DL/CB with the next few picks.