Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lamar Jackson

yikes how much are we going to have to give Tlaw in a few years? 260 million holy crap that's a ton of money. Are we looking at a 300 million dollar contract?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2023, 04:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 01:06 AM)p_rushing Wrote: He will have to pay a lawyer or he is really stupid.

He won't get an offer from another team because no one wants to give up 2 1st round picks and only sign him to a 2-3 year deal. The only offer he would get is a low ball offer and no way he agrees as the Ravens would match it. The Ravens have positioned themselves to set the market. Either he signs at their number or he plays the next 2 years on tags and hopes he doesn't get hurt.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Wrong.

(03-26-2023, 10:50 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: Baltimore refusing to pay him like Watson is all you need to know about his value.  They retooled their entire offense to fit him, and he's supposedly this superstar QB that is the key to their success.  If that were the truth, he'd be getting what he wants.  He's not.
Wrong

(03-27-2023, 09:07 PM)p_rushing Wrote: So he demanded a trade? I guess he needs to read how the tag works or ask his agent .... haha. So is he admitting he isn't worth 2 1st round picks? Does he realize the trade value is already set and he could be on another team today if they actually offered a contract?

I see him sitting and not playing after he screws this up. He'll complain like another QB that walked away from a contract because they thought they were worth more and then was out of the league because no one will pay them enough.

Wrong again.

Man. Too many to count in this small thread

These weren't wrong. The Ravens had already offered the same amount previously and he thought he was worth more. The Ravens stayed at their number. He lost and decided to give in. He finally wised up and realized he wasn't getting anything better.

(04-28-2023, 12:22 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 04:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong again.

Man. Too many to count in this small thread

These weren't wrong. The Ravens had already offered the same amount previously and he thought he was worth more. The Ravens stayed at their number. He lost and decided to give in. He finally wised up and realized he wasn't getting anything better.

Wrong again I see.

So you think Lamar caved on the contract that just so happens to be slightly higher than the one Hurts signed a week or so ago?

Come on. Take the L.

(04-27-2023, 04:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Looks like he didn’t need an agent after all. Got the bag.

5 years for 260 million.

Yea, Ravens offered him way too much initially, and no other team was going to pay anything close and give up two first rounders for him. Lost a lot of respect for GM DeCosta. I guess he couldn’t handle the bad press from playing hardball with an overrated QB.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-27-2023, 10:53 PM)EricC85 Wrote: yikes how much are we going to have to give Tlaw in a few years? 260 million holy crap that's a ton of money. Are we looking at a 300 million dollar contract?

Probably between 300-400M

(04-28-2023, 11:11 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 04:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Looks like he didn’t need an agent after all. Got the bag.

5 years for 260 million.

Yea, Ravens offered him way too much initially, and no other team was going to pay anything close and give up two first rounders for him. Lost a lot of respect for GM DeCosta. I guess he couldn’t handle the bad press from playing hardball with an overrated QB.

The Ravens did not disrespect him. they offered 250 for 5 years. They offered the normal guaranteed money (about the same percentage as he got, 185 mill) He wanted all of it guaranteed, that was the sticking point. I believe the Ravens could have saved 10 million if they had agreed. As it was Hurts signed the 250 contract so to mollify his ego and get it behind them they upped that by 10 mill. Done deal. Yes he caved on the fully guaranteed demand as no other team would do that either.

If he had not caved and signed he would have had to sit out losing 52 million. if he had played under the 32 mill tag he would have lost 18 mill and chanced getting hurt again. I have the feeling after the ex players critical of the Mahomes contract (Richard Sherman) he was getting encouragement to hold out for fully guaranteed. In the end he caved and signed to secure his families future despite the agenda of others.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nfl-ne...ct-issues/
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-28-2023, 09:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 12:22 AM)p_rushing Wrote: These weren't wrong. The Ravens had already offered the same amount previously and he thought he was worth more. The Ravens stayed at their number. He lost and decided to give in. He finally wised up and realized he wasn't getting anything better.

Wrong again I see.

So you think Lamar caved on the contract that just so happens to be slightly higher than the one Hurts signed a week or so ago?

Come on. Take the L.
You offered nothing to my reply. The facts show you are wrong.

The money was the same that was previously offered. He may have got a slight bump to make to total just higher but the real money being paid is the same as it was previously offered.

He caved on his fully guaranteed contract. The Ravens stayed where they were already at and just added a few million on the end that will never be paid. The contract is 3 years and just like the Eagles deal, the last 2 years won't be paid as the cap hit is too high.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 01:09 PM by Mikey.)

5 years for 260 million.

Ballimer painted themselves into a corner.

They had no choice but to acquiesce to his demands. I think they will regret this one for a while.

(04-27-2023, 05:39 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 09:23 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Nothing inherently wrong with operating without an agent and avoiding the 10-15% charge.  Plenty of people have sold their house on their own.  His problem is more the demand for guaranteed money and the fact that his injuries reduced his potential value.  His terms are too rigid at this point.

Lamar wins.

Personally, I wish he'd moved to the NFC.  We're stockpiling too many good QB's in the AFC.  Makes it tougher.

We don't have to worry about Lamar in January.

If he had not signed prior to the draft, do the Ravens go QB??? We will never know, but the timing was interesting.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Soooooooo overrated…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]