Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Super Bowl predictions

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2024, 08:56 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-12-2024, 07:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 10:23 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: unforttanttly  2022 was a fluke just like 2017 was.   no Purdy wouldn't of gotten jags to the Super Bowl this season ,but he also wouldn't have all the ints , and fumbles Trevor had.  

theres been 20 good qbs from college who failed in the NFL.   

https://thesportsdrop.com/articles/elite...he-nfl/20/

my point is Jags have a qb who had susscues in college ,Jags need a qb with a chip on his shoulder  to go all the way,and one thats good.  Trevor won in college ,so he doesn't have the chip on his shoulder needed.

So only quarterbacks that lost in college are good?   Laughing Laughing Laughing

no any qb that has a chip on thier shoulder is good,Trevor doesn't have that extra motiviantial chip on his shoulder cause he won  most of his football carrer until he got dratfed by jags. no he has a loseign record as a starter.   Mahomes has had that chip  on his shoulder since his rookie year,same thign can be said about Tom brady.   If Jags  would've kept Rourke they had that qb,and Jags would've won 12 games,and made playoffs.  Rourke would've had that chip on his shoulder.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-12-2024, 08:55 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 07:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So only quarterbacks that lost in college are good?   Laughing Laughing Laughing

no any qb that has a chip on thier shoulder is good,Trevor doesn't have that extra motiviantial chip on his shoulder cause he won  most of his football carrer until he got dratfed by jags. no he has a loseign record as a starter.   Mahomes has had that chip  on his shoulder since his rookie year,same thign can be said about Tom brady.   If Jags  would've kept Rourke they had that qb,and Jags would've won 12 games,and made playoffs.  Rourke would've had that chip on his shoulder.

That face only a champion makes.

[Image: 611193IQCQL._AC_UY1000_.jpg]

This talk about chips is making me hungry

(02-12-2024, 03:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 10:23 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: unforttanttly  2022 was a fluke just like 2017 was.   no Purdy wouldn't of gotten jags to the Super Bowl this season ,but he also wouldn't have all the ints , and fumbles Trevor had.  

theres been 20 good qbs from college who failed in the NFL.   

https://thesportsdrop.com/articles/elite...he-nfl/20/

my point is Jags have a qb who had susscues in college ,Jags need a qb with a chip on his shoulder  to go all the way,and one thats good.  Trevor won in college ,so he doesn't have the chip on his shoulder needed.

I don't know why, but, the word "susscues" just feels like a word that should be used more often. It's like, when you're trying to use the words "success" and "excuses" at the same time, when you're so good, so talented and successful that you're able to have any excuses you need. 

"Susscues". Can't wait to use this tonight. 

My wife: Can you sit down and eat at the table with us tonight, like a normal family?
Me: Nope, I must be susscuesed from the table.
My wife: What did you say?
Me: You heard me wench, my success enables me to be excused from the table.
My wife: Fine
Me: Fine? Damn right I am fine. Now susscues me while I kiss the sky. 
*Amazing Jimi Hendrix solo ensues with my almost four year old son revealing his hidden talent with an electric spiderman guitar*

Then, I wake up. Because we don't eat at a table in my household. Ain't nobody got time for that!

that or it's word salad of successful miscues, like a butt fumble that results in a 30-yard gain. Or a pass that ricochets off a lineman's hat into the arms of a TE for a tuddy.

"The Jags have benefitted from a string of susscues all season long. Without those freak plays, they'd be 4-7 and not leading the division"

(02-12-2024, 08:55 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 07:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So only quarterbacks that lost in college are good?   Laughing Laughing Laughing

Rourke never won a conference championship at Ohio. Ask me how I know.

If the dude was capable of raising his game due to some grudge, he sure didn't do it against the likes of Western Michigan or Ball State. Not sure how that would have translated when it elevated to Chefs and Bungles and Ratbirds.

What grudge did Patty have? Dude led the NCAA in yards both 2015, 2016. He was already killing dudes before he got to this level.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2024, 10:27 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don’t know why but I feel like Shannahans Mahomes will be Trevor. Andy Reid needed Mahomes to get over the top. McVay needed Stafford. I think Shannahan is a top 3 coach in the league but he has been held back by his QBs.

If this year doesn’t go as planned, Trevor’s camp might demand a trade and Trevor with Shannahan would be elite level.

(02-13-2024, 10:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I don’t know why but I feel like Shannahans Mahomes will be Trevor. Andy Reid needed Mahomes to get over the top. McVay needed Stafford. I think Shannahan is a top 3 coach in the league but he has been held back by his QBs.

If this year doesn’t go as planned, Trevor’s camp might demand a trade and Trevor with Shannahan would be elite level.

If the Jags squander Trevor, my continued support for the team would be seriously in question.

(02-13-2024, 10:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I don’t know why but I feel like Shannahans Mahomes will be Trevor. Andy Reid needed Mahomes to get over the top. McVay needed Stafford. I think Shannahan is a top 3 coach in the league but he has been held back by his QBs.

I don't see that happening. At least not with our Quarterback. Shanahan is held back a little bit by his QB situation though. Not sure if guys like Kirk Cousins could move down there and get him over the hump. His window is closing though with the 49ers in my opinion. He has time on his side as a coach though. 

Defensively though it felt like they folded a bit in the 2nd half and after Mahomes threw that INT I was surprised Shanahan opted to throw it three straight times there. Just didn't seem to make much sense to me. McCaffrey and Kittle looked like they were underutilized in that game. Have to figure out a way to get them involved.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think Shanahan is held back by his situational play calling abilities.

(02-13-2024, 11:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

I think Shanahan is held back by his situational play calling abilities.
Well part of that is also his limitations with his QB. Since Matt Ryan, he hasn't had a QB that allows him to use his whole playbook. He's making the SB with Brock Purdy and Jimmy G. They botched it when they took Lance.

(02-12-2024, 10:34 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 09:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If you go second, you know exactly what you need in order to win the game.

Chiefs actually game planned for this. If the 49ers scored a TD, Chiefs were going for 2 if they scored a TD.

Always better to go second if you know for a fact you’re getting the ball no matter what.

Yes in that scenario that would have been the better choice, but there is more than one scenario.  What if they trade field goals or both defenses force punts on the first two drives?  You’d want the ball in sudden death and going first ensures you do in those scenarios.

Thats why I have less of a problem with that decision because at the time they didn’t know they’d be settling for a FG and their defense would disappear.  I mean, it had been a defensive battle for most of the game.

However, settling for a FG did seem like they were in the position of now hoping for sudden death as I had no doubt Mahomes would be able to lead a FG drive in 4 down territory from the 25. There are scenarios where you kick the FG and play defense as they did, like if you find yourself in 4th and long, though, I think it was a critical mistake not to instead go for it on 4th and 4 from the 9 as I mentioned previously.  I think being inside the 10 in a manageable distance for a 1st down is reason enough to go for it there because it really isn’t the end of the world if you don’t convert.  I know Mahomes is Mahomes, but even his probability of leading a scoring drive goes down the longer the field is for him. Also, even if going 2nd allows you to make the go for 2 and the win decision, it’s still a lower probability situation to be in to not only drive for a TD and also convert the 2 than it is to drive for a TD to tie.

I have no problem with your logic at all, I just have no problem with taking the ball first either especially in what had been a defensive battle to that point.  It’s not a cut and dry decision any more in my opinion with the rules change and so I don’t blame Shanahan there.  I do think he needed a little Dan Campbell angel/devil on his shoulder screaming to go for it on 4th and 4 from the 9 though.

I'll add to this that hypothetically going for it on 4th and 4 from the 9 and not getting it and giving it back to the chiefs there instead of the 25 down by 3, are the chiefs really in 4 down territory at that point? Their defense pulled more than their fair share this year and had been very good in this game.  If the 9ers were able to put them in a 4th and 2 or 3 on their own side of the field do they go for it and risk losing the game right there as it would now be sudden death or do they punt instead and play defense?  The more I think about it the more reasons there are to go for it from the 9 rather than kick the FG there.  

This was the first playoff game that played overtime under these rules I believe. I think coaching across the league will study the 9ers decision here and largely come to this same conclusion.  It will be interesting to see if a similar scenario presents itself in the years to come.

(02-13-2024, 10:33 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

I don't see that happening. At least not with our Quarterback. Shanahan is held back a little bit by his QB situation though. Not sure if guys like Kirk Cousins could move down there and get him over the hump. His window is closing though with the 49ers in my opinion. He has time on his side as a coach though. 

Defensively though it felt like they folded a bit in the 2nd half and after Mahomes threw that INT I was surprised Shanahan opted to throw it three straight times there. Just didn't seem to make much sense to me. McCaffrey and Kittle looked like they were underutilized in that game. Have to figure out a way to get them involved.
Once Greenlaw left, his replacement got abused. That's why the defense looked like it fell off. Here's how his replacement did:

9 targets. 9 catches. 1 TD. 134.7 passer rating when targeted.

(02-13-2024, 12:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-13-2024, 11:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I think Shanahan is held back by his situational play calling abilities.
Well part of that is also his limitations with his QB. Since Matt Ryan, he hasn't had a QB that allows him to use his whole playbook. He's making the SB with Brock Purdy and Jimmy G. They botched it when they took Lance.

There was literally zero need to throw the ball in OT. The KC D was gassed and CMC was gaining solid yards. Red zone would have been 4 down territory for me with FG off the table. Run every time.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2024, 03:37 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 3 times in total.)

(02-13-2024, 03:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-13-2024, 12:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Well part of that is also his limitations with his QB. Since Matt Ryan, he hasn't had a QB that allows him to use his whole playbook. He's making the SB with Brock Purdy and Jimmy G. They botched it when they took Lance.

There was literally zero need to throw the ball in OT. The KC D was gassed and CMC was gaining solid yards. Red zone would have been 4 down territory for me with FG off the table. Run every time.
I don't think his playcalling in OT was that bad at all. He mixed it up really well. They ran it on 2nd and 4 for no gain on their last set of downs. If their right tackle actually makes a block on 3rd down, Aiyuk scores a TD or Jennings grabs the first down. It's more about execution.

In OT, they had 26 rushing yards on 6 rushes. They were 4/6 for 50 yards in the air. So it's not like they didn't run the ball. They were even. The difference here is the execution and more specifically from the right side of the Oline.

The 49ers as a team ran the crap out of the ball. 31 rushes in this game that came out to 110 yards (3.6 YPC) with a long rush on the day of 11. They Chiefs were loading the box all game with 8 and sometimes 9 players. It's clear what the gameplan was.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2024, 10:44 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

Like i said the chiefs would in the Super bowl ,and they did.  san fran also  blow a 10 point led they head.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(03-02-2024, 06:52 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Like i said the chiefs would in the Super bowl ,and they did.  san frn also  blow a 10 point led they head.

Well, yeah, after you had previously said that the NFL was 'fixing it' to be an all Texas Super Bowl.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-07-2024, 06:15 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-02-2024, 06:52 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Like i said the chiefs would in the Super bowl ,and they did.  san frn also  blow a 10 point led they head.

Well, yeah, after you had previously said that the NFL was 'fixing it' to be an all Texas Super Bowl.

....the Chiefs were originally the Dallas Texans...jus sayin Big Grin

Please sleep on the Packers in the NFC. Those that think San Fran, Detroit, and Dallas are the best of the NFC will be singing a new tune quite soon.

Green Bay is the favorite to win the NFC by those that are not clueless.

A Packers and Ravens Super Bowl is probable.

(03-17-2024, 03:53 PM)PackersNation Wrote: Please sleep on the Packers in the NFC. Those that think San Fran, Detroit, and Dallas are the best of the NFC will be singing a new tune quite soon.

It's plausible but ur divison is damn tough

(03-17-2024, 04:11 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 03:53 PM)PackersNation Wrote: Please sleep on the Packers in the NFC. Those that think San Fran, Detroit, and Dallas are the best of the NFC will be singing a new tune quite soon.

It's plausible but ur divison is damn tough

Yes, the NFC North is strong, but the Packers have the best roster and coaching staff. Hafley the new D coordinator is a huge get. Some nice players added already in Josh Jacobs and McKinney. Can't wait to see how the roster looks after the draft. Packers have 11 picks, five in the first 91 picks.