Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
General NFL stuff discussion

I was joking. Hence the "LOL". HAHA. Yeah, he's done.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024, 01:57 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-22-2024, 01:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Give him a 1 year redemption deal down here. LOL. Maybe he'll clean up his act. We don't need a full roster of choir boys. It's okay to have a problem child or two.
Pretty sure he was also in a police chase so you likely won't be seeing him in the NFL ever again.

Link? Or was this a tweet you seen again?

Sneed to tittians is in the works.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-25-2024, 01:58 PM)Marcos25067 Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1772275118460309886

I think it’s a fair ruling. Although it is an effective way to bring the runner down, it  greatly increases the risk of injury.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024, 05:54 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-25-2024, 04:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 01:58 PM)Marcos25067 Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1772275118460309886

I think it’s a fair ruling. Although it is an effective way to bring the runner down, it  greatly increases the risk of injury.

Sorry, disagree.  Another rule change in a long line of rule changes that are taking the physical out of football and also puts way more control into the ref's hands as any number of otherwise normal tackles could get categorized as such and now penalized at the ref's discretion.  The offensive player doesn't want to get injured? Then go down when the defender has you around the waist and won't let go.  The offensive player should have some culpability here on whether he gets injured or not as well.   Not any more. Now the defender will have to disengage the waist and hope he can catch one or both ankles on the way down.  Garbage.

(03-25-2024, 05:52 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 04:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I think it’s a fair ruling. Although it is an effective way to bring the runner down, it  greatly increases the risk of injury.

Sorry, disagree.  Another rule change in a long line of rule changes that are taking the physical out of football and also puts way more control into the ref's hands as any number of otherwise normal tackles could get categorized as such and now penalized at the ref's discretion.  The offensive player doesn't want to get injured? Then go down when the defender has you around the waist and won't let go.  The offensive player should have some culpability here on whether he gets injured or not as well.   Not any more.  Now the defender will have to disengage the waist and hope he can catch one or both ankles on the way down.  Garbage.

If, as the article states, the injury rate for this is 20 times greater than other tackles, it’s a problem.

(03-25-2024, 06:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 05:52 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Sorry, disagree.  Another rule change in a long line of rule changes that are taking the physical out of football and also puts way more control into the ref's hands as any number of otherwise normal tackles could get categorized as such and now penalized at the ref's discretion.  The offensive player doesn't want to get injured? Then go down when the defender has you around the waist and won't let go.  The offensive player should have some culpability here on whether he gets injured or not as well.   Not any more.  Now the defender will have to disengage the waist and hope he can catch one or both ankles on the way down.  Garbage.

If, as the article states, the injury rate for this is 20 times greater than other tackles, it’s a problem.

So, you feel flag football would be best? You are saying injuries are a problem.

It's a contact sport. Go watch flag football, rather than support the NFL turning into that.

Derrick Henry gonna run for 3k this year. Another bad rule to favor the offense

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 08:49 AM by Mikey.)

(03-25-2024, 05:52 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 04:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I think it’s a fair ruling. Although it is an effective way to bring the runner down, it  greatly increases the risk of injury.

Sorry, disagree.  Another rule change in a long line of rule changes that are taking the physical out of football and also puts way more control into the ref's hands as any number of otherwise normal tackles could get categorized as such and now penalized at the ref's discretion.  The offensive player doesn't want to get injured? Then go down when the defender has you around the waist and won't let go.  The offensive player should have some culpability here on whether he gets injured or not as well.   Not any more.  Now the defender will have to disengage the waist and hope he can catch one or both ankles on the way down.  Garbage.

Nothing says you can't just let your legs go limp and be dead weight for them to drag. Other defenders will arrive shortly.

This will have consequence. Instead of trying to grasp and tackle, more guys are gunna lunge and make themselves missles. Yay shield, you done it. Congration.

(03-25-2024, 06:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 05:52 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Sorry, disagree.  Another rule change in a long line of rule changes that are taking the physical out of football and also puts way more control into the ref's hands as any number of otherwise normal tackles could get categorized as such and now penalized at the ref's discretion.  The offensive player doesn't want to get injured? Then go down when the defender has you around the waist and won't let go.  The offensive player should have some culpability here on whether he gets injured or not as well.   Not any more.  Now the defender will have to disengage the waist and hope he can catch one or both ankles on the way down.  Garbage.

Is that because these tackles occur less frequently?

If there were 4 injuries on 5 tackles, that's an 80% injury rate. But in the grand scheme of the game, that number is infinitesimal. I know it's more frequent than that, but stat without context needs context to be relevant.

(03-25-2024, 07:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Derrick Henry gonna run for 3k this year.  Another bad rule to favor the offense

Mebbe refs should be encouraged to call 'in the grasp' when defenders have engaged a player, forward momentum be danged.

Caleb Williams is... interesting. You do you Queen. No judgement from me. I just cannot recall a guaranteed lock at #1 to have this much personality to him and now pink flare.

https://twitter.com/JackMacCFB/status/17...d14Jw&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-26-2024, 10:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Caleb Williams is... interesting. You do you Queen. No judgement from me. I just cannot recall a guaranteed lock at #1 to have this much personality to him and now pink flare.

To be fair, that is probably Valery's phone. Nice little Latina that Caleb is dating.
OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 11:20 AM by Caldrac.)

(03-26-2024, 11:19 AM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 10:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Caleb Williams is... interesting. You do you Queen. No judgement from me. I just cannot recall a guaranteed lock at #1 to have this much personality to him and now pink flare.

To be fair, that is probably Valery's phone. Nice little Latina that Caleb is dating.
His nails were pink as well. Lipstick on.

Check out the XFL kick off. This might be in the NFL this year.

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...3KYBg&s=19

(03-26-2024, 11:20 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:19 AM)PackersNation Wrote: To be fair, that is probably Valery's phone. Nice little Latina that Caleb is dating.
His nails were pink as well. Lipstick on.
If true, can't blame him. I'd try to drop my draft stock as well if Chicago was looking my way.
OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

(03-26-2024, 11:31 AM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:20 AM)Caldrac Wrote: His nails were pink as well. Lipstick on.
If true, can't blame him. I'd try to drop my draft stock as well if Chicago was looking my way.

Same. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some degree of that.

(03-26-2024, 11:31 AM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:20 AM)Caldrac Wrote: His nails were pink as well. Lipstick on.

Good news, you dropped your darft stock, you are now a Redacted or Cheatriot. 

Ope!

(03-26-2024, 12:13 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:31 AM)PackersNation Wrote: If true, can't blame him. I'd try to drop my draft stock as well if Chicago was looking my way.

Good news, you dropped your darft stock, you are now a Redacted or Cheatriot. 

Ope!

Still better than being a member of the Chicago Bears franchise.
OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

(03-26-2024, 12:27 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 12:13 PM)Mikey Wrote: Good news, you dropped your darft stock, you are now a Redacted or Cheatriot. 

Ope!

Still better than being a member of the Chicago Bears franchise.

I would honestly prefer to be in Washington if I was in his situation. Chicago and New England are coming off of two failed stints recently at the QB position and with Washington you're at least getting there under new ownership, new general management and new coaching.

(03-26-2024, 01:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 12:27 PM)PackersNation Wrote: Still better than being a member of the Chicago Bears franchise.

I would honestly prefer to be in Washington if I was in his situation. Chicago and New England are coming off of two failed stints recently at the QB position and with Washington you're at least getting there under new ownership, new general management and new coaching.

Yeah, I definitely would not mind Caleb in the NFC North. The Bears are bottom feeders in the division, and I promise you that won't change in 2024 with or without Caleb Williams.

If you hear Caleb speak, he wants no part of Chicago or the NFC North.
OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!