Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
General NFL stuff discussion

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2024, 09:39 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 3 times in total.)

(04-17-2024, 08:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...bEZZA&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

How many years does Belichick really have left at his age?  If Belichick is that difficult to work with, you can't swallow your pride for 4 or 5 years and know that there won't be any shenanigans in the building, no circuses in the locker room and that the team will be prepared week in and week out?  Passing on Belichick for Raheem Morris seems like it's destined to be judged as a "what were they thinking?" type moment within a couple of years if not sooner.

With the unmitigated disaster that Raheem's prior head coaching stint was, I'm not expecting much from him especially if things go sideways early for whatever reason.  People can change and can grow and perhaps he has, but I need to see it before I believe it and right now I don't believe it.

Raheem over Belichick?  One of the worst to ever do it selected over one of the best to ever do it?  I just have to chuckle at the apparent incompetence in the decision.  Belichick is probably hoping for another vacancy in the NFC South next year so he can begin whipping the [BLEEP] out of the Falcons for the next 4 or 5.  He'll need to have a QB though, so that scenario probably isn't happening as I don't know that Carr, Mayfield or Young are good enough.  Then again, Kirk may be nearing the end of his useful playing career, so perhaps one of those guys will be good enough to get it done next year and Baker is also currently holding the division crown, so Kirk will have to come take it with Raheem steering the ship.  I guess we'll see.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...Oo4zA&s=19

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2024, 09:46 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

Also, that seems a very [BLEEP] thing for Kraft to say, if what he's quoted as saying is true, about a guy who was a key part in bringing you 6 trophies. Even if you felt that way. Isn't 6 trophies enough to keep your mouth shut while he looks for another job? I mean, even if you're buddies with Blank and want to give him some little nugget of truth, say he's a little difficult to work with at times, he's not infallible, but the results are obviously there.

I guess like a lot of people in Kraft's position and having the level of Kraft's wealth, they can't see objectively and think they are the key figure in every success experienced and by extension downplay others' contributions. Perhaps that is an accurate description of Kraft, I don't know.

(04-17-2024, 09:36 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 08:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...bEZZA&s=19

How many years does Belichick really have left at his age?  If Belichick is that difficult to work with, you can't swallow your pride for 4 or 5 years and know that there won't be any shenanigans in the building, no circuses in the locker room and that the team will be prepared week in and week out?  Passing on Belichick for Raheem Morris seems like it's destined to be judged as a "what were they thinking?" type moment within a couple of years if not sooner.

With the unmitigated disaster that Raheem's prior head coaching stint was, I'm not expecting much from him especially if things go sideways early for whatever reason.  People can change and can grow and perhaps he has, but I need to see it before I believe it and right now I don't believe it.

Raheem over Belichick?  One of the worst to ever do it selected over one of the best to ever do it?  I just have to chuckle at the apparent incompetence in the decision.  Belichick is probably hoping for another vacancy in the NFC South next year so he can begin whipping the [BLEEP] out of the Falcons for the next 4 or 5.  He'll need to have a QB though, so that scenario probably isn't happening as I don't know that Carr, Mayfield or Young are good enough.  Then again, Kirk may be nearing the end of his useful playing career, so perhaps one of those guys will be good enough to get it done next year and Baker is also currently holding the division crown, so Kirk will have to come take it with Raheem steering the ship.  I guess we'll see.

I think the underlying fear or belief is that Belichick might just be chasing after the all time winningest coaching record and he could probably surpass it within two or three really good years of coaching. I think he's gone on record stating that he just wants to coach, and that, he's willing to compromise and hand over the personnel department and general manager duties to someone else. 

That alone should make him an intriguing candidate for any team. It was the same exact approach Tom Coughlin took when he was fired from Jacksonville and landed his job with the New York Giants. There's a good chance Belichick ends up in the NFC East or AFC East next year though with a year off from football. 

Philadelphia, New York Giants, New York Jets & Dallas could be in the market for a new coach if either of those teams fall woefully short of expectations. Raheem might catch a break with the Falcons if Cousins can lead that offense to higher ground though. Maybe he's learned quite a bit from McVay in Los Angeles. Time will tell. 

(04-17-2024, 09:45 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Also, that seems a very [BLEEP] thing for Kraft to say, if what he's quoted as saying is true, about a guy who was a key part in bringing you 6 trophies.  Even if you felt that way.  Isn't 6 trophies enough to keep your mouth shut while he looks for another job?  I mean, even if you're buddies with Blank and want to give him some little nugget of truth, say he's a little difficult to work with at times, he's not infallible, but the results are obviously there. 

I guess like a lot of people in Kraft's position and having the level of Kraft's wealth, they can't see objectively and think they are the key figure in every success experienced and by extension downplay others' contributions.  Perhaps that is an accurate description of Kraft, I don't know.

Kraft may have been the bad guy all along in New England. If Belichick was this bad this whole time? Why didn't you cut him loose and maintain Tom Brady instead then? That's what I don't understand with this reporting. 

Brady went onto win a Superbowl and had success in Tampa Bay. It was obvious the Patriot Way was primarily shouldered by Brady, but, Belichick also did enough during his career there in finding, building and establishing some of the best overall defensive squads in the NFL. 

He just fell short in drafting well. Which, again, probably hard to draft well when you're constantly clinching AFC East division, one or two seeds and finishing well into the play-off's for twenty consecutive years. It's not like he had pick of the litter every year. He found some late round gems here and there.

Absolutely got it right with most of his offensive lineman selections, defensive selections and arguably drafted two Hall of Fame caliber TE's in Gronkowski for sure and Hernandez had it not been for his off the field antics that ultimately cost him his future and life. 

I think Belichick will get one more stab at it. Maybe if he spends a good year showing a different shade to his personality, shows promise in analytics, etc. He'll have a new light shining on him in a good way towards the twilight of his career. I personally want to see him coach one more time.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...dY-_w&s=19

If Baalke doesn't workout after this year. I think we should start poaching from Green Bay's front office and personnel department.

This is what good teams do. Take notes.

Dang, hitting on those late round (4-7) picks in particular is amazing. I'd poach that guy right now... like today... like before the draft!

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1782477237985419538

Zach Wilson to the Broncos. Trevor Lawrence is the only 1st round QB from his draft still on the team that drafted him.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(04-22-2024, 03:55 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1782477237985419538

Zach Wilson to the Broncos. Trevor Lawrence is the only 1st round QB from his draft still on the team that drafted him.

...probably because Baalke isn't respected by other GMs around the league or something. Maybe he's just a really good procrastinator.

(04-23-2024, 07:41 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-22-2024, 03:55 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1782477237985419538

...probably because Baalke isn't respected by other GMs around the league or something. Maybe he's just a really good procrastinator.

Man, we really set the bar low there...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Both, Higgins and now Hendrickson have asked to be traded from the Bengals. Might make tomorrow night interesting.

Tony and Shad Khan get in the ring for some AEW performance. Shad enters in the last few seconds of the video. 

https://youtu.be/8Zok-ZNOMsI?si=njlMniGRZIalD_5Z

(04-25-2024, 06:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tony and Shad Khan get in the ring for some AEW performance. Shad enters in the last few seconds of the video. 

Looks real to me…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-25-2024, 06:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tony and Shad Khan get in the ring for some AEW performance. Shad enters in the last few seconds of the video. 

When did pro wrestlers start looking like kids instead of grown men?

(04-26-2024, 10:44 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

When did pro wrestlers start looking like kids instead of grown men?

Does this imply they're off the roids?

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 02:41 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-26-2024, 12:41 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 10:44 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: When did pro wrestlers start looking like kids instead of grown men?

Does this imply they're off the roids?

I guess.  Bring back the roids if so.  Trash talk from skinny 20 something's doesn't seem to hit home quite like a good Flair or Macho Man  promo or anyone else from that era.

(05-06-2024, 05:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Jacksonville Jaguars ranked 4th in nation... for arrests. How did the other NFL teams rank?

They seriously want to talk about a drunk person driving into the building as though that's on the Jags? Meanwhile, Philly, the team with their own holding cell and court room, doesn't make the Top 10? Stupid article.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-10-2024, 02:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 05:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Jacksonville Jaguars ranked 4th in nation... for arrests. How did the other NFL teams rank?

They seriously want to talk about a drunk person driving into the building as though that's on the Jags? Meanwhile, Philly, the team with their own holding cell and court room, doesn't make the Top 10? Stupid article.

You mean the one that’s been gone for almost 20 years?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]