Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conference Championship games

(01-28-2024, 06:32 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 06:30 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: That's the backbreaker. Is it luck or skill how the Chiefs get so many breaks like that?

It's skill. They draft great players in the late rounds, we draft backups in the second round.

They seem to do a really good job drafting guys that fit what they want them to do rather than being able to do everything and a top prospect. Helps when you have a pass rush that means you don't have to keep coverage for long times too.

Baltimore imploding here. WR injuring his hand smashing the bench, roughing the passer.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't like this ref and his terrible roughing calls but the Ravens got lucky to not get called for the low hit. It should have been a 2nd call.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Meh. Some of his calls today were blatantly good calls in my opinion. Still, interesting overall.

KC has received 4 new sets of downs with penalties today so far. [Image: 1f312e2f1d2bcc0b05aee5cd795926bd.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-28-2024, 06:34 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 06:29 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I hate the chiefs so much.
I don't like either but at least the Chiefs are talented

Ravens are just 1 player playing RB and QB.

I'm just tired of seeing the same team winning so much. Even the Patriots had "down" years where they didn't go to the AFC championship or superbowl.

Weird, KC pass rush looks gassed on this drive? They are playing soft coverage which is different than all game? why?

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 06:48 PM by JagFan81.)

(01-28-2024, 06:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Meh. Some of his calls today were blatantly good calls in my opinion. Still, interesting overall.

KC has received 4 new sets of downs with penalties today so far. [Image: 1f312e2f1d2bcc0b05aee5cd795926bd.jpg]

They definitely have that Patriots--esque ability to not get flagged for things the other teams do. I don't think there have been really any awful calls today but they definitely get some favourable help from the refs with what does and doesn't get called on them.

And they really don't need the help.

No calls like that.

Lamar chokes again. In triple coverage. Typical playoff Lamar

Lamar really just forced that up into triple coverage lolololol

Right into triple coverage. Baltimore had chances just choked at crunch time.

(01-28-2024, 06:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Meh. Some of his calls today were blatantly good calls in my opinion. Still, interesting overall.

Yep he is very inconsistent with his calls. It's fine if he wants to be bad for both sides but he is one-sided with his ineptitude.

(01-28-2024, 06:45 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

They definitely have that Patriots--esque ability to not get flagged for things the other teams do. I don't think there have been really any awful calls today but they definitely get some favourable help from the refs with what does and doesn't get called on them.

Every team and fanbase thinks they get screwed by refs. 

Refs are just inconsistently inconsistent especially since the NFL doesn't make them full time positions with enough training, don't have enough of them on field at once, and doesn't give them the full resources with video assistance that they should.

Given how few games there are, and how the best teams play in more them, there will definitely feel like there are trends. But the sample sizes are way small to attribute any real bias in these situations.

Lamar just doesn’t seem to cope well when under pressure (as in playing from behind)

(01-28-2024, 06:49 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 06:45 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: They definitely have that Patriots--esque ability to not get flagged for things the other teams do. I don't think there have been really any awful calls today but they definitely get some favourable help from the refs with what does and doesn't get called on them.

Every team and fanbase thinks they get screwed by refs. 

Refs are just inconsistently inconsistent especially since the NFL doesn't make them full time positions with enough training, don't have enough of them on field at once, and doesn't give them the full resources with video assistance that they should.

Given how few games there are, and how the best teams play in more them, there will definitely feel like there are trends. But the sample sizes are way small to attribute any real bias in these situations.
Look up Warren Sharp's article. It's grossly imbalanced. Percentages back it up.

With that said? I think more than half the calls were fair today against Baltimore.

Flower's fumble and Jackson's INT are the ultimate cause for this loss today unless they pull off a miracle.

Lamar has also used very little of his God given speed today and it's baffling with a Superbowl appearance on the line.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-28-2024, 06:50 PM)Ordar Wrote: Lamar just doesn’t seem to cope well when under pressure (as in playing from behind)

He went Josh Allen there. KC was giving them the short passes all drive, he just got impatient instead of sticking with that. They had 4 downs that whole drive, no need to force anything deep.

Poor coaching on the Ravens side to not address the multiple helmet, punching a bench, etc frustrations. On the other side, the HC took his star TE helmet away after he threw it.

Is Lamar a franchise quarterback? I would say, yes of course he is. However he has a fumble, a horrible pick, should have had another pick and is showing zero touch on the long ball missing open guys all game.

Will be pulling for the NFC in the SB. Hopefully Lions win tonight though

Trevor looked better vs the Chiefs in the divisional

I guess nobody in Baltimore knows the Heimlich..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-28-2024, 06:53 PM)ClemsonRob Wrote: Is Lamar a franchise quarterback? I would say, yes of course he is. However he has a fumble, a horrible pick, should have had another pick and is showing zero touch on the long ball missing open guys all game.
He is for the system they run but he isn't the best QB.
(01-28-2024, 06:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Will be pulling for the NFC in the SB. Hopefully Lions win tonight though
I had already decided that last week