Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 Draft Day Round 1***

(04-25-2024, 06:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 06:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Moving up for a WR is expensive. Have to probably swap 1's, fork 48 over or maybe next year's 2nd RD pick instead with 96 this year.

I honestly hope they don't. We need more depth on the OL and DL.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

If the Giants dont get a QB they will likely take Odunze.  If we want Nabors we will probably have to go to trade up to 9. Not sure which WR they like better out of Nabers or Odunze
I think it's Nabers. Kind of has a Ridley feel to him highlight wise. Makes sense. I just think it's risky in this class. Giving up 48 and 96 would be a bummer for a WR.

OL has no depth.
DL has no depth.
CB has no depth.
EDGE has no depth.

WR1 will mean nothing when we're stalling out due to no running lanes or a banged up QB1 again.

Mehhh. Going to be a tough night.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Give us the trenches

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 06:44 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-25-2024, 06:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 06:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If the Giants dont get a QB they will likely take Odunze.  If we want Nabors we will probably have to go to trade up to 9.  Not sure which WR they like better out of Nabers or Odunze
I think it's Nabers. Kind of has a Ridley feel to him highlight wise. Makes sense. I just think it's risky in this class. Giving up 48 and 96 would be a bummer for a WR.

OL has no depth.
DL has no depth.
CB has no depth.
EDGE  has no depth.

WR1 will mean nothing when we're stalling out due to no running lanes or a banged up QB1 again.

Possibly, Trevor likes bigger WRs and excelled with them at Clemson so I think Odunze is possible as well.  I think we have to trade up to atleast 9 though to get one and I'm not sure we want to give up that much.  They could have them rated equally and are just willing to take which ever one is there if either falls.  Both aren't making it to pick 9.

We need interior oline help and I think we can find that in rounds 3 or 4 in this draft

Select best offensive linemen available in the first. Try to trade for Aiyuk with the 49ers with a 2nd round pick this year and another 2nd round next year. Add another pick if needed.

(04-25-2024, 06:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If the Giants dont get a QB they will likely take Odunze.  If we want Nabors we will probably have to go to trade up to 9.  Not sure which WR they like better out of Nabers or Odunze

OL has no depth.
DL has no depth.
CB has no depth.
EDGE  has no depth.

Does the draft end after round 1?

You can find very good guards in rounds 3-5 (obviously WR as well).

They can also still sign vets (Risner) and Dupree.

WRs are getting expensive and getting a very good one on a rookie deal great.

Either way, can’t wait for tonight! Moscow Mules and 2 TVs. Let’s ride.

(04-25-2024, 01:45 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 01:42 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: Pretty excited.  I like so many players I feel it'll be hard to mess this up.

Also would love trade down to 20-27 range if it brings us an extra second/third value.  Don't want a bunch of late picks.
You new here?

Yeah, I can't imagine a realistic scenario with our first round draft pick where at least half of this board won't be upset.

Trade up for Joe alt plot twist lol

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 07:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/TMKSESPN/status/1783...round-pick

(04-25-2024, 07:05 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Trade up for Joe alt plot twist lol

Other than MHJ, that would be a dream pick.

(04-25-2024, 07:05 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Trade up for Joe alt plot twist lol

Don't hate it.  Nothing better than locking up your premier offensive line position for the next 10 years.

OL has no depth.
DL has no depth.
CB has no depth.
EDGE  has no depth.

Agree with all of this.

I always just watched via ESPN. What's the best for draft coverage at this point?

I gave up trying to figure NFL drafts for this team.. Way more wrong than right. So I'll just be happy whomever we get and cheer them on like it was the guy I wanted..

Go Jags!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

O-line or D-line!!!!

Who's ready for some Baalke Magic???

https://twitter.com/gus_logue/status/178...4397453665

I predict a baalke special

long-term trench solution or quality depth on defense. Does this team really need another WR? Kirk, Davis and Zay are all above average options.

My last words. To help the defense draft very large and mean offensive lineman. Protect TL and open running lanes. This keeps the ball in our hands and the defense off the field. The other offense can not score points or gain yards while on the sideline. To help our secondary (it is called the secondary for a reason) draft large nasty interior linemen that stop the run on the way to chasing the opposing QB around.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

The Detroit intro to the draft is pretty funny
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

First pick has been forfeited for time delay

Just look at Aidan Hutchinson with his ridiculously short arms.

— Trent Baalke