Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 Draft Day Round 1***

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 10:41 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-26-2024, 08:32 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: My man!

I’m just waiting for someone to come in with the “won’t matter when Trevor is on his back!”

Sorry, I was at the bar last night.

Baalke still has work to do, and he has plenty of tools to work with. We didn't overpay for WR, which is certainly good. Really hope we are busy tonight. Lots of good players available that can set us up for a long term run.

(04-26-2024, 12:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Facts

in truth, they're opinions.

Pearsall went earlier than expected. Legette, too. Gotta feeling AD is pick 33. Surprised nobody that picked WR didn't go with him over their choices.
He might of went higher than expected on your board, some GMs could have had him  higher on their board then he actually went, same with Legette. It's comical you always act like you know what other teams boards look like

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-26-2024, 10:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 08:32 AM)Mikey Wrote: Sorry, I was at the bar last night.

Baalke still has work to do, and he has plenty of tools to work with. We didn't overpay for WR, which is certainly good. Really hope we are busy tonight. Lots of good players available that can set us up for a long term run.

Pearsall went earlier than expected. Legette, too. Gotta feeling AD is pick 33. Surprised nobody that picked WR didn't go with him over their choices.
He might of went higher than expected on your board, some GMs could have had him  higher on their board then he actually went, same with Legette. It's comical you always act like you know what other teams boards look like

Equally comical you think anybody goes strictly by their board.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-26-2024, 10:49 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 10:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He might of went higher than expected on your board, some GMs could have had him  higher on their board then he actually went, same with Legette. It's comical you always act like you know what other teams boards look like

Equally comical you think anybody goes strictly by their board.
It's comical you think teams don't. You think they went off other teams boards?

(04-26-2024, 10:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 10:49 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Equally comical you think anybody goes strictly by their board.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 12:52 PM by Mikey.)

(04-26-2024, 08:49 AM)Jagulars Wrote: I have to give Baalke credit for trading back and still getting good value here with Brian Thomas Jr.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Atlanta was thinking here.

My only guess for ATL was that they had a trade in the works, but still about as boneheaded a move as taking a punter in the third.

(04-26-2024, 08:54 AM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: If Kirk Cousins doesn't return to health as quick as expected or has any setbacks people would be all over why they hirched their talented offensive core to a busted player.  If Kirk comes back fire great, you groom Pennix like Love.  If he doesn't come back you have Pennix and if he does well you won't care about any of this.

You don't give 4 yrs and $100M in guarantees to a guy you're afraid isn't gonna be healthy. At least you don't if you plan to be GM for a while. And if you're worried about that, you swing for Rattler in the second or third while also not pissing off the guy you just spent a fortune to sign.

(04-26-2024, 09:25 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: 2024 is the year everyone wears goofy sunglasses indoors

A lot of packers fans were hoping for de Jean at there pick

Every year the kids wear crazy stuff. Some of the suit jackets are a bit bonkers, BTJ rocked that bowtie, though.

I was quite surprised that Dallas and GB both passed on Barton, kinda figgered when DAL traded and GB had their pick in he was all but gone. Dude is a swiss army knife on the line, and that's right up their alley, and you could say the same about DeJean in the secondary.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 01:01 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-26-2024, 12:48 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 08:49 AM)Jagulars Wrote: I have to give Baalke credit for trading back and still getting good value here with Brian Thomas Jr.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Atlanta was thinking here.

My only guess for ATL was that they had a trade in the works, but still about as boneheaded a move as taking a punter in the third.

(04-26-2024, 08:54 AM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: If Kirk Cousins doesn't return to health as quick as expected or has any setbacks people would be all over why they hirched their talented offensive core to a busted player.  If Kirk comes back fire great, you groom Pennix like Love.  If he doesn't come back you have Pennix and if he does well you won't care about any of this.

You don't give 4 yrs and $100M in guarantees to a guy you're afraid isn't gonna be healthy. At least you don't if you plan to be GM for a while. And if you're worried about that, you swing for Rattler in the second or third while also not pissing off the guy you just spent a fortune to sign.

Cousins is a 2-3 year bridge starter for them that they'll obviously evaluate over that time and make appropriate adjustments to that plan as needed.  He's definitely starting the bulk of the next 2 years.  Year 3 has $10M roster bonus which they can avoid by cutting him and a manageable $25M dead cap hit.  If it's time to move on, they could save $10M by dumping him after year 2 and only have to account for a remaining $25M dead cap hit which could be split with a post June 1st designation.  I just don't have any confidence Raheem Morris will still be the coach in year 3 or 4 to see this plan through.

The pick essentially says to Cousins, "you've got a year and a half and then you're in a QB competition with Penix."  Definitely a slap in the face.  The question is, does he like that?

(04-26-2024, 10:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 08:32 AM)Mikey Wrote: Sorry, I was at the bar last night.

What's comical is how you CONSTANTLY put your words in other people's mouths/posts. Not anywhere did I say anything about anyone's boards. Go back, and read my post ever so slowly, digest each word and maybe you'll see that for yourself. Show me any number of mocks that consistently listed Pearsall in the first and I will retract my statement that common expectation was that he would be selected after day 1 was done.

I will wait, although I can't promise that I will do so patiently.

(04-26-2024, 10:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 10:49 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Equally comical you think anybody goes strictly by their board.

That’s not at all what I said.  But I forgot you were illiterate.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-26-2024, 01:00 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 12:48 PM)Mikey Wrote: My only guess for ATL was that they had a trade in the works, but still about as boneheaded a move as taking a punter in the third.

Cousins is a 2-3 year bridge starter for them that they'll obviously evaluate over that time and make appropriate adjustments to that plan as needed.  He's definitely starting the bulk of the next 2 years.  Year 3 has $10M roster bonus which they can avoid by cutting him and a manageable $25M dead cap hit.  If it's time to move on, they could save $10M by dumping him after year 2 and only have to account for a remaining $25M dead cap hit which could be split with a post June 1st designation.  I just don't have any confidence Raheem Morris will still be the coach in year 3 or 4 to see this plan through.

The pick essentially says to Cousins, "you've got a year and a half and then you're in a QB competition with Penix."  Definitely a slap in the face.  The question is, does he like that?

It also says QB is the most valuable position in the league and we've seen a lot of seasons derailed by an injured starting QB.  I know you cannot realistically always have two starting level QBs on your roster but if you do there is almost always willing to acquire one of them.

It's outside the box but I'd be in a overdraft QBs myself situation of I was gm to try to always have talented QBs.  Even if I can only play one.  Maybe it fails but I like Atlanta trying.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 02:42 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-26-2024, 01:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 10:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's comical you think teams don't. You think they went off other teams boards?

That’s not at all what I said.  But I forgot you were illiterate.

Looks like you need to go and read it again because I didn't say that you said that.  I asked a question.  Teams don't spend countless hours and months putting a board together and in the first round not even stick to it.

(04-26-2024, 01:03 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 10:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He might of went higher than expected on your board, some GMs could have had him  higher on their board then he actually went, same with Legette. It's comical you always act like you know what other teams boards look like

What's comical is how you CONSTANTLY put your words in other people's mouths/posts. Not anywhere did I say anything about anyone's boards. Go back, and read my post ever so slowly, digest each word and maybe you'll see that for yourself. Show me any number of mocks that consistently listed Pearsall in the first and I will retract my statement that common expectation was that he would be selected after day 1 was done.

It's mocks, mocks mean nothing lol.  These mock boards don't match real team boards.  Mocks lol

(04-26-2024, 02:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 01:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote: That’s not at all what I said.  But I forgot you were illiterate.

Looks like you need to go and read it again because I didn't say that you said that.  I asked a question.  Teams don't spend countless hours and months putting a board together and in the first round not even stick to it.

(04-26-2024, 01:03 PM)Mikey Wrote: What's comical is how you CONSTANTLY put your words in other people's mouths/posts. Not anywhere did I say anything about anyone's boards. Go back, and read my post ever so slowly, digest each word and maybe you'll see that for yourself. Show me any number of mocks that consistently listed Pearsall in the first and I will retract my statement that common expectation was that he would be selected after day 1 was done.

It's mocks, mocks mean nothing lol.  These mock boards don't match real team boards.  Mocks lol

So you got nothing to refute my claim?

The conversation was about expectation, not team boards. Nobody who logs into this server has access to any team's board, or they are DARN good at keeping secrets. So how do you propose that any person here would have used any of the 32 team boards out there as a basis for expectation? Where is the reliable information that said we shouldn't be surprised when Pearsall is off the board before guys like Cooper DeJean, Johnny Newton, or Koolaid, for example?

(04-26-2024, 01:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote: That’s not at all what I said.  But I forgot you were illiterate.

LOL

Yes, they absolutely, 100%, definitely spend all those hours doing that and then deviate from their board.

All

the 

time

You live in a draft fantasyland, dude.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 05:06 PM by Newton. Edited 1 time in total.)

Guys, we know from past experience that there is a better than not chance most of these picks will not work out. Let’s hope that round one and two pics do at least.

(04-29-2024, 04:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 02:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like you need to go and read it again because I didn't say that you said that.  I asked a question.  Teams don't spend countless hours and months putting a board together and in the first round not even stick to it.

LOL

Yes, they absolutely, 100%, definitely spend all those hours doing that and then deviate from their board.

All

the 

time

They deviate from their plan because the board changes with every single pick. You think people were expecting Penix to go 8?! Or even 6 QBs to go in the top 12?

When that happened, the Jags were able to trade back and get some extra picks and still get their guy. Their plan changed.

(04-29-2024, 05:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 04:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

All

the 

time

They deviate from their plan because the board changes with every single pick. You think people were expecting Penix to go 8?! Or even 6 QBs to go in the top 12?

When that happened, the Jags were able to trade back and get some extra picks and still get their guy. Their plan changed.

Exactly

No matter how many contingency plans they make - they end up altering course more often than not. 

And it often ends up with moving down their board to find value instead of just taking whichever guy is left who is ranked at the top of their draft room big board.

(04-29-2024, 04:04 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 02:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like you need to go and read it again because I didn't say that you said that.  I asked a question.  Teams don't spend countless hours and months putting a board together and in the first round not even stick to it.

So you got nothing to refute my claim?

The conversation was about expectation, not team boards. Nobody who logs into this server has access to any team's board, or they are DARN good at keeping secrets. So how do you propose that any person here would have used any of the 32 team boards out there as a basis for expectation? Where is the reliable information that said we shouldn't be surprised when Pearsall is off the board before guys like Cooper DeJean, Johnny Newton, or Koolaid, for example?

Where is any reliable information that says you should be surprised?  Its not like he went top 10 lol.  He went 31st overall.  He has the production with a less than stellar QB play, runs great routes, good size, and a crazy athlete that destroyed the combine.  That's the reliable information that it shouldn't have been a surprise.

(04-29-2024, 05:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 04:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

All

the 

time

We still didn't deviate from our board, we still took the top guy.  We were just able to take a higher player on our board possibly than if that many QBs didn't go. We got lucky and took the player we were going to take at 17 anyway.   Later in the rounds there is a higher chance you can deviate from your board because you have already picked players and you might be set at a position.  In the first round though it would be idiotic to not take your top guy unless you are loaded at the position.

Drafting a qb to debut at age 27

Let's go falcons

(04-26-2024, 01:03 PM)Mikey Wrote: What's comical is how you CONSTANTLY put your words in other people's mouths/posts. Not anywhere did I say anything about anyone's boards. Go back, and read my post ever so slowly, digest each word and maybe you'll see that for yourself. Show me any number of mocks that consistently listed Pearsall in the first and I will retract my statement that common expectation was that he would be selected after day 1 was done.

(04-29-2024, 05:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 05:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: They deviate from their plan because the board changes with every single pick. You think people were expecting Penix to go 8?! Or even 6 QBs to go in the top 12?

Exactly

No matter how many contingency plans they make - they end up altering course more often than not. 

And it often ends up with moving down their board to find value instead of just taking whichever guy is left who is ranked at the top of their draft room big board.

I see you slept through the weekend, as the latter was basically all we did on Friday and Saturday. Such a lazy, unambitious experience.