Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Welcome Brian Thomas Jr. Jags new star receiver

CJ Stroud commenting on the pick

https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/178...egdTg&s=19

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-26-2024, 08:52 AM)jagboss Wrote: CJ Stroud commenting on the pick

This gives me mixed emotions, one it’s quite high praise, 2 I really don’t like a divisional rivals 2nd year  QB being able to talk about players like an experienced scout.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 09:35 AM by Caldrac.)

(04-26-2024, 09:21 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote:

This gives me mixed emotions, one it’s quite high praise, 2 I really don’t like a divisional rivals 2nd year  QB being able to talk about players like an experienced scout.
It's interesting how much face time he's getting in the media already. Very outspoken cat but he has a quiet maturity to him. I get it.

OROY, flipped a bad team into a good team in one year. It's hard not to like him. He essentially did what a lot of us had hoped for during Lawrence's rookie year.

It is what it is. It'll be sweeter when BTJ is mossing their secondary and they have to sit with the fact that it was with their original 23rd overall selection that they handed to the Vikings.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-26-2024, 12:55 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: We're still pretending to be a high powered offense when we can't protect the QB or run the ball.  Hmm.  We had a solid defense last year until it died off at the end of the season.  Would be nice to find some depth and skill there.

I think the Jags were targeting the DT from Texas (Byron Murphy) but the Seahawks got him at #16.

The fact that we could not gain 1 yard at the goal line vs the Titans and the aged Derrick Henry ran for 153 yards vs the Jags in Week 18 says a lot about both sides of our soft lines.   Comparatively speaking Henry rushed for 9 yards and 42 yards in his 2 games vs the Texans in weeks 15 & 17.

Was listening to Underdog Fantasy (amazing listen if you don’t know about them), and Colt McCoy made a fantastic point.

There’s no better landing spot than Jacksonville for BTJ. He’s going to learn from Kirk, Engram and Gabe. He gets a QB who excels at throwing the routes that BTJ wins on.

He’s young, he’s fast and he adds something that this team hasn’t had in a very very long time.

We have come a long way from the Fire Baalke clown attire. Let Baalke cook.

I'm happy with the selection. And to get him at 23 was better value here. Time to hit the trenches. There's still a lot of quality players on both sides of the line to pick from.

(04-26-2024, 09:35 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 09:21 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: This gives me mixed emotions, one it’s quite high praise, 2 I really don’t like a divisional rivals 2nd year  QB being able to talk about players like an experienced scout.
It's interesting how much face time he's getting in the media already. Very outspoken cat but he has a quiet maturity to him. I get it.

OROY, flipped a bad team into a good team in one year. It's hard not to like him. He essentially did what a lot of us had hoped for during Lawrence's rookie year.

It is what it is. It'll be sweeter when BTJ is mossing their secondary and they have to sit with the fact that it was with their original 23rd overall selection that they handed to the Vikings.

Wasn't the 23rd the Browns pick they got in the Watson deal?  I know I could look this up but I'm going by memory.

(04-26-2024, 07:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 07:42 AM)Mikey Wrote: I thought you were expecting us to take a QB at 17

I can't keep your scorching taeks straight

Shouldn't need to darft a WR to unlock a QB's potential.

The trade back netted minimal value. Waiting to see if we use the extra picks to move around, especially up from 96 before I completely call the move a fail.

Glad we landed BTJ, but he's gonna have to kill it to convince me we did the right thing.
The trade was apparently one of the most lopsided trades in league history. In the Jags favor….

I don't know about that.  You have to discount the pick values a bit for being next year vs this year.  Seems a fair haul to me also considering a guy like Dallas Turner who they were trading up for was still available when he probably shouldn't have been.

Pick 17 = 950 points
Pick 23 = 760 points

190 point difference

Pick 167 = 24.6 points
2025 3rd = Mid 2024 4th = 61 points
2025 4th = Mid 2024 5th = 30.8 points

With future year picks being discounted a round and with assigning them a middle of the round value, we netted 116.4 points to trade back using standardized trade chart value and generally accepted principle of discounting future picks by a round.  Could the 3rd and 4th rounders wind up being top or near top of round picks thereby increasing their value?  Sure, but they could also be worse than the mid round value assigned.

I'm happy with the trade back regardless.  To me, there was too much value on the board.  You either take Dallas Turner who is not filling a gigantic need or you trade back because of how much value was still on the board.  There didn't seem to be a lot of willing trade partners in those top 9 slots as it sounded like the reporting around us was that we were indeed trying to move up to get Rome or Nabers, so WR was apparently the priority.  I don't really even count moving up 1 pick as finding a willing trade partner because the Jets still got their guy by all accounts and probably were assured of that prior to accepting the trade.  

Sometimes you have to take the comp that is available in pick swaps and it may not line up with the pick value chart.  I think there is a better than average chance that those 2025 picks wind up in the top half of the round.  Also, based on the reporting (if true) on us trying to move up, Thomas was probably our guy at 17 so getting anything in a trade back is positive if you still get him as we did.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 10:41 AM by Charlie Sheen.)

(04-26-2024, 07:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We still have 48, 96, 114 and 116. These are great value picks and it wouldn't surprise me if Baalke combos up tonight to land a starting caliber Offensive Lineman.

Have faith.

What has Baalke done to make you think he will ever trade UP in the draft?

I don't hate BTJ. But, I would have rather have stayed at 17 to get Turner or Mitchell. And if we did trade, I would rather have Arnold over BTJ.

(04-26-2024, 09:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Was listening to Underdog Fantasy (amazing listen if you don’t know about them), and Colt McCoy made a fantastic point.

There’s no better landing spot than Jacksonville for BTJ. He’s going to learn from Kirk, Engram and Gabe. He gets a QB who excels at throwing the routes that BTJ wins on.

He’s young, he’s fast and he adds something that this team hasn’t had in a very very long time.

Thomas, Gabe, Zay, and Kirk can all go deep. It's going to be a fun year if Trevor stays healthy.

I think Thomas has more upside than Odunze. He's a lot faster, too. I'm glad Odunze was picked so high to remove the temptation to trade up for Reggie Williams 2.0.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-26-2024, 10:32 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 07:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The trade was apparently one of the most lopsided trades in league history. In the Jags favor….

I don't know about that.  You have to discount the pick values a bit for being next year vs this year.  Seems a fair haul to me also considering a guy like Dallas Turner who they were trading up for was still available when he probably shouldn't have been.

Pick 17 = 950 points
Pick 23 = 760 points

190 point difference

Pick 167 = 24.6 points

With future year picks being discounted a round and with assigning them a middle of the round value, we netted 116.4 points to trade back using standardized trade chart value and generally accepted principle of discounting future picks by a round.  Could the 3rd and 4th rounders wind up being top or near top of round picks thereby increasing their value?  Sure, but they could also be worse than the mid round value assigned.

I'm happy with the trade back regardless.  To me, there was too much value on the board.  You either take Dallas Turner who is not filling a gigantic need or you trade back because of how much value was still on the board.  There didn't seem to be a lot of willing trade partners in those top 9 slots as it sounded like the reporting around us was that we were indeed trying to move up to get Rome or Nabers, so WR was apparently the priority.  I don't really even count moving up 1 pick as finding a willing trade partner because the Jets still got their guy by all accounts and probably were assured of that prior to accepting the trade.  

Sometimes you have to take the comp that is available in pick swaps and it may not line up with the pick value chart.  I think there is a better than average chance that those 2025 picks wind up in the top half of the round.  Also, based on the reporting (if true) on us trying to move up, Thomas was probably our guy at 17 so getting anything in a trade back is positive if you still get him as we did.
It was the 9th most lopsided trade in history….

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 11:17 AM by Caldrac.)

(04-26-2024, 10:37 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 07:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We still have 48, 96, 114 and 116. These are great value picks and it wouldn't surprise me if Baalke combos up tonight to land a starting caliber Offensive Lineman.

Have faith.

What has Baalke done to make you think he will ever trade UP in the draft?

I don't hate BTJ. But, I would have rather have stayed at 17 to get Turner or Mitchell. And if we did trade, I would rather have Arnold over BTJ.
He did it before for Devin Lloyd. I was not surprised that he bypassed on a CB.

He recently stated he felt the grades on CB would greatly range in opinion and needs with scheme fits.

He's got a good eye for secondary players. He'll get a good one tonight more than likely.

(04-26-2024, 10:24 AM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 09:35 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's interesting how much face time he's getting in the media already. Very outspoken cat but he has a quiet maturity to him. I get it.

Wasn't the 23rd the Browns pick they got in the Watson deal?  I know I could look this up but I'm going by memory.
Yeah. That makes sense.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 11:26 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-26-2024, 11:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 10:32 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I don't know about that.  You have to discount the pick values a bit for being next year vs this year.  Seems a fair haul to me also considering a guy like Dallas Turner who they were trading up for was still available when he probably shouldn't have been.

Pick 17 = 950 points
Pick 23 = 760 points

190 point difference

Pick 167 = 24.6 points

Based on what values?  Are they assigning current year values?  That would be my guess and that is not taking into account the time value component.  Prisco tweeted a bit ago that the comp equaled a 2nd rounder.  On what planet does a 3rd and a 4th equal a 2nd?  I would never trade a 2nd for a 3rd and a 4th unless it was a late 2nd for an early 3rd.

I'm happy with the trade. Strongly disagree that it was some mega haul.

Well, let’s not argue too much over getting extra picks and still landing the same player

We just drafted Randy Moss 2.0

We will see what happens,and i love the fact that Trevor aleady called BTJ on phone to welcome him ,and all to the team.    Trevor hasn't become an elite qb,but he is defeinttly no doubt a team player. thats awsome he called btj. Hopefuly thats a huge help to 

getting Trevor to the elite qb status.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(04-26-2024, 09:21 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote:

Every player is one hit away from having to find a post-playing career. Maybe CJ is gonna be the next Ozzie or Shack.

(04-26-2024, 11:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 10:32 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I don't know about that.  You have to discount the pick values a bit for being next year vs this year.  Seems a fair haul to me also considering a guy like Dallas Turner who they were trading up for was still available when he probably shouldn't have been.

Pick 17 = 950 points
Pick 23 = 760 points

190 point difference

Pick 167 = 24.6 points

....then why does it feel like we got next to nothing of value, outside of who we took at 23?

I also think that stat is based on an outdated value chart.

(04-26-2024, 09:52 AM)TownCenterJag Wrote: We have come a long way from the Fire Baalke clown attire. Let Baalke cook.

I’m not quite there yet. But if he can get us the OL help we need in this draft, I’ll begin to change my tune. We have the qb. We MUST protect him.

The Chiefs have the blueprint. Great offense. At least an average defense. Offense > Defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!