Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Welcome Brian Thomas Jr. Jags new star receiver

(04-26-2024, 07:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 07:52 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: I don't believe in school superstition but we've had meh results from LSU. Hopefully this breaks that trend.
What about the tradition of LSU WRs?

Yeah, I like that.

What guys did we have that were from LSU and were meh?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-26-2024, 12:37 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 11:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: It was the 9th most lopsided trade in history….

....then why does it feel like we got next to nothing of value, outside of who we took at 23?

I also think that stat is based on an outdated value chart.

Maybe it feels like no value to you but I happen to find 3 mid round picks very valuable. You're gonna be singing a different tune next year when we have an extra top 70 pick.

(04-26-2024, 01:01 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 07:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: What about the tradition of LSU WRs?

Yeah, I like that.

Fournette overall was meh.  DJ Chark was super meh.

(04-26-2024, 09:21 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 08:52 AM)jagboss Wrote: CJ Stroud commenting on the pick

https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/178...egdTg&s=19

This gives me mixed emotions, one it’s quite high praise, 2 I really don’t like a divisional rivals 2nd year  QB being able to talk about players like an experienced scout.

I'd tend to agree, however, the fact that Stroud threw to BJT and others validates his comparison, which is perhaps better that many scouts who never played QB or WR in their lifetime.

(04-26-2024, 01:31 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 01:01 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Yeah, I like that.

Fournette overall was meh.  DJ Chark was super meh.

Chark wasn't on the same level as BTJ coming out of college. I also think physical and mental health derailed Charks career. Fournette was for sure meh
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Lol some of yall complaining about the trade compensation are ridiculous acting like we moved way down.

An equivalent 2 for 6 spots? Getting towards the back of 1st? We’d be screaming if we gave up that.

As much as I wanted to see DT or IOL early and feel the "need" at WR was grossly overstated, I do like the prospect and like that we now have some youth in that room.

Lots of good trench guys left on the board, but I'm sensing a trade up for a corner will happen before we end up with long shot depth in the trenches. Hope I'm wrong.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 02:53 PM by TownCenterJag.)

(04-26-2024, 01:00 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 09:52 AM)TownCenterJag Wrote: We have come a long way from the Fire Baalke clown attire. Let Baalke cook.

I’m not quite there yet. But if he can get us the OL help we need in this draft, I’ll begin to change my tune. We have the qb. We MUST protect him.

The Chiefs have the blueprint. Great offense. At least an average defense. Offense > Defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely work to be done but also reasons to be optimistic IMO.

(04-26-2024, 02:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: As much as I wanted to see DT or IOL early and feel the "need" at WR was grossly overstated, I do like the prospect and like that we now have some youth in that room.

Lots of good trench guys left on the board, but I'm sensing a trade up for a corner will happen before we end up with long shot depth in the trenches. Hope I'm wrong.

Anticipating a trade package to move up also. Still a lot of talent out there to be drafted this evening. The offensive run yesterday + our added picks sets up favorably.

Skeptical.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 03:08 PM by HardcoreMoJagFan.)

(04-26-2024, 02:24 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 01:31 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Fournette overall was meh.  DJ Chark was super meh.

Chark wasn't on the same level as BTJ coming out of college. I also think physical and mental health derailed Charks career. Fournette was for sure meh

Not offense but Klavon Chaisson was elite level meh

(04-26-2024, 01:24 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 12:37 PM)Mikey Wrote: ....then why does it feel like we got next to nothing of value, outside of who we took at 23?

I also think that stat is based on an outdated value chart.

Maybe it feels like no value to you but I happen to find 3 mid round picks very valuable. You're gonna be singing a different tune next year when we have an extra top 70 pick.

Absolutely.  Bird in the hand here.  But if the Vikings are good next year then the trade is fine.  But if by chance the Vikings are real bad next year that trade becomes fire.  

If we end up with pick 65-75 and 100-105 that will be quite nice next year.

Added Gabe Davis one of the best vertical threats and TD maker and now added the best vertical threat in college and the guy the led the nation in TDs. The most important thing now is to get the run game going so those safeties and LB's have to cheat down a little.

(04-26-2024, 03:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Added Gabe Davis one of the best vertical threats and TD maker and now added the best vertical threat in college and the guy the led the nation in TDs. The most important thing now is to get the run game going so those safeties and LB's have to cheat down a little.
This is why they also need to start restocking the offensive line. Javon Foster at OT makes sense. Adding interior lineman like Brandon Coleman and Mason McCormick makes sense.

We'll see. Would love nothing more than to see this offense finally open up and get after it more aggressively. Lawrence's arm has that ability. He's been one of the better deep ball passers despite very, very limited opportunities to showcase it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm kind of "meh" on the pick.  The young man seems to be a good athlete, I hope he works out for the best at this level.  I was hoping for defense, specifically either a DB or DL.  I would like to see the team also pick up some "big uglies" for the OL later.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-26-2024, 04:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 03:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Added Gabe Davis one of the best vertical threats and TD maker and now added the best vertical threat in college and the guy the led the nation in TDs. The most important thing now is to get the run game going so those safeties and LB's have to cheat down a little.
This is why they also need to start restocking the offensive line. Javon Foster at OT makes sense. Adding interior lineman like Brandon Coleman and Mason McCormick makes sense.

We'll see. Would love nothing more than to see this offense finally open up and get after it more aggressively. Lawrence's arm has that ability. He's been one of the better deep ball passers despite very, very limited opportunities to showcase it.

With the arsenal of receivers and TEs now rostered - there is seemingly no excuse for not getting enough protection on that line to open up the play action game.

Our play action efficiency has been really, really good under Pederson. We just don't run it often because Trevor keeps getting murdered 50% of the time we try.

(04-26-2024, 03:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1783709175773606396

In summary a lot of 'appreciation' ... And there's nothing wrong with that ...

But id have loved him to have maximised the chutzpah and gone straight for:

"Ah, qb, good evening sir, lovely to speak to you ... I'm a touch pressed for time but you just keep lobbing it over them there mountains and I'll keep coming down with it, running forwards for a bit and then waving my hands in the air and wiping my [BLEEP] on the goalpost!"

Or the Terrell Owens approach to quarterback discussions as I believe it's known!  Wink

(04-26-2024, 04:33 PM)cat bells Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 03:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1783709175773606396

In summary a lot of 'appreciation' ... And there's nothing wrong with that ...

But id have loved him to have maximised the chutzpah and gone straight for:

"Ah, qb, good evening sir, lovely to speak to you ... I'm a touch pressed for time but you just keep lobbing it over them there mountains and I'll keep coming down with it, running forwards for a bit and then waving my hands in the air and wiping my [BLEEP] on the goalpost!"

Or the Terrell Owens approach to quarterback discussions as I believe it's known!  Wink

But instead we got: 

Wassup, bro?
How you doing, bro?
I'm good, bro.
Good to hear, bro.
I can't wait to get there and get to work, bro.
Yeah, we'll work hard, bro.
Talk to you later, bro.
Take care, bro.

(04-26-2024, 04:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Interior oline is a huge need right now because if we have one injury on the interior we are in trouble again.  We have Little as the 3rd tackle so I like where we are at tackle this year.  If Patrick Paul is there at 48 though I think Baake might do it.  There are still a lot of really good interior olineman available that we can add within the next few rounds if we want..  Would love to add McCormick like you say, Bortolini to learn behind Morse for a year or 2 would be nice as well.

Ah Biscuit bro ... The games not what it was! Time passes bro, the clock ticks on for us all, the sand slips away!

And given the state, bro, of our last first round wide receiver, bro, I may have to accept, bro that that may not, bro, be, bro,an absolute catastrophe ... Bro!