Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colts give themselves a participation ribbon..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:LOL!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...st-banner/
bahahahahahahahaha
That's embarrassing
It is right next to their 'Monday Night Football participant banner' and the retired number of Brian Stablein
Championship banners are for winners.

Did they hang up a "Super Bowl Finalist" banner for the year they lost to Drew Brees and the Saints in the Super Bowl?

Quote:Championship banners are for winners.

Everybody gets a banner.

In Indy.

Wonder if they all got engraved mini Lombardi's from the local trophy store, too?
Just when I think the Twinks can't get any softer they redeem themselves.

That's just sad....and hysterical!!
Colts should move to the Upward league where everyone is a winner.

They've done this every single year when they make it to an AFC Championship game. 

The only reason this is being talked about is because the Boston media/fans are grasping onto anything and everything to deflect attention away from them cheating. 

It's no difference than the Patriots hanging a "16-0 regular season" banner in their stadium.... Only to lose in the Super Bowl that year.

Also no different than the losing Super Bowl team hanging a "AFC/NFC Champions" banner.

I'd take that over a 3rd place in AFC South banner. We have no room to talk.
Quote: 

Also no different than the losing Super Bowl team hanging a "AFC/NFC Champions" banner.

Actually it is quite different.  Nothing wrong with hanging a banner for WINNING something (An AFC south Championship banner would make sense) but a banner for coming close?   Not so much.     Pretty funny though.  Smile 
Quote:Actually it is quite different.  Nothing wrong with hanging a banner for WINNING something (An AFC south Championship banner would make sense) but a banner for coming close?   Not so much.     Pretty funny though.   Smile

Um, no. The reason they get that banner is because they LOST. The Super Bowl winner does not get a "AFC/NFC Champions" banner. They get a Super Bowl banner.
Quote:Um, no. The reason they get that banner is because they LOST. The Super Bowl winner does not get a "AFC/NFC Champions" banner. They get a Super Bowl banner.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

the colts can raise the same banner as the jaguars for last year.... 2014 losers. 
Quote:hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

the colts can raise the same banner as the jaguars for last year.... 2014 losers. 

So you agree then?

I'm glad you haven't changed since the last time I've posted.
Quote:So you agree then?

I'm glad you haven't changed since the last time I've posted.

you should see if you can have an avatar created for yourself for being the runner up to the worst afc south division poster
Quote:you should see if you can have an avatar created for yourself for being the runner up to the worst afc south division poster

I'm the 2nd worst? Dang.

Who stole my title?
Quote:They've done this every single year when they make it to an AFC Championship game. 

The only reason this is being talked about is because the Boston media/fans are grasping onto anything and everything to deflect attention away from them cheating. 

It's no difference than the Patriots hanging a "16-0 regular season" banner in their stadium.... Only to lose in the Super Bowl that year.

Hanging an "AFC Finalist" banner is ridiculous. It's a participation ribbon. Hanging an "AFC South Champion" banner would have made sense and not made the Colts a laughingstock (anymore so than Grigson has already). It feels a bit like a stab at the Patriots, which doesn't help them at all and certainly won't help when the Pats roll into town for Brady's return.

51-3 Patriots. Chalk it up now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4