Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Peter King rates us at #30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
According to the recent article posted on NFL.com, Peter King has the off season Jags rated at #30 in the NFL power rankings with the team finishing the season with a predicted 3-13 record. Only the raiders and tacks are rated lower. Interestingly, the bucs are at 29 yet are predicted to finish with a worse record (2-14). 

King goes on in a brief accompanying comment to say that our ranking is due to a lack of confidence (yet) in Bortles as being 'the guy' and due to an alarmingly bad stroke of luck with the Fowler injury. With that kind of 'ju-ju' going for the team, who can blame anyone for not having the utmost confidence in us having a decent season? This on top of what Vegas had earlier predicted to be a 5.5 win season, only to have that reduced to 1 win after the Fowler injury.

Nothing is going to change the NFL's perception of this team as a whole except winning. Not 'playing hard', not 'good sportsmanship', not 'positive self image'... winning, and winning alone is the only medicine that will cure what ails this franchise. Anything else is just... talk, the cheapest thing in the world.

Just win, baby

Winning changes everything just look at the cheaters I meant Patriots.  That team was the joke of every comedian and fan of the sport for decades until Bill Parcells became the Head Coach.

I remember the many coaches before Bill and watching the ways they would try to boost wins with positive thinking and motivation all of which failed. 

When it comes down to it, (as sad as it may be), people dont care about character or what the franchise might do for the community when it comes to entertainment they want to watch winners play great.

That is what fills the overpriced seats not great character men giving it their best try and working hard even after constant failure (as noble as that is).

The Jaguars simply need to win, and nobody is kidding themselves into thinking that a couple wins each year will secure their jobs.

Quote:This on top of what Vegas had earlier predicted to be a 5.5 win season, only to have that reduced to 1 win after the Fowler injury.

Fowler was worth 4.5 wins?
Quote:Fowler was worth 4.5 wins?

Nope. Me thinks he read the line wrong.
Quote:According to the recent article posted on NFL.com, Peter King has the off season Jags rated at #30 in the NFL power rankings with the team finishing the season with a predicted 3-13 record. Only the raiders and tacks are rated lower. Interestingly, the bucs are at 29 yet are predicted to finish with a worse record (2-14). 

King goes on in a brief accompanying comment to say that our ranking is due to a lack of confidence (yet) in Bortles as being 'the guy' and due to an alarmingly bad stroke of luck with the Fowler injury. With that kind of 'ju-ju' going for the team, who can blame anyone for not having the utmost confidence in us having a decent season? This on top of what Vegas had earlier predicted to be a 5.5 win season, only to have that reduced to 1 win after the Fowler injury.

Nothing is going to change the NFL's perception of this team as a whole except winning. Not 'playing hard', not 'good sportsmanship', not 'positive self image'... winning, and winning alone is the only medicine that will cure what ails this franchise. Anything else is just... talk, the cheapest thing in the world.
Vegas has us at 1 win!?!  Well, it's time for me to make some money!
Quote:According to the recent article posted on NFL.com, Peter King has the off season Jags rated at #30 in the NFL power rankings with the team finishing the season with a predicted 3-13 record. Only the raiders and tacks are rated lower. Interestingly, the bucs are at 29 yet are predicted to finish with a worse record (2-14). 

Muddylips, those were last years records.
We'll see...

Even the Omnipotent Peter King can suffer HACKULATION when dealing with 25-32.

Where to put these guys, Ok Magic Eight Ball................

HeadSlap

Just Win Baby

Nothing is going to change until the team shows something on the field.  These rankings are completely meaningless click bait until then.

Quote:This on top of what Vegas had earlier predicted to be a 5.5 win season, only to have that reduced to 1 win after the Fowler injury.

It may be time to teach yourself about weighted averages.
there is no reason anyone should rate us any higher until we show them we deserve it. it is what it is. 

Quote:there is no reason anyone should rate us any higher until we show them we deserve it. it is what it is. 
but we are offseason champs...lol
Quote:there is no reason anyone should rate us any higher until we show them we deserve it. it is what it is. 
Exactly. And if we can sneak a few extra wins out by other teams taking us lightly works too
ill take the over on 5.5... unless i am betting you know... money lol

OH NO

30 is pretty good for June. Maybe we can get to 28 by July. And then 26 by August... at that rate, we'll be fighting for a playoff spot in December!!

Just win, baby
I'll take it.

Get Vernan Hargreaves next year w/ a healthy Fowler and we're good to go.
That's truly amazing. I was just recently evaluating sports journalists and Peter ranked 30 out of 32 as well. I would have had him at 32 but I could not with clear conscious because the other two behind him are actually dead so.............you know.

Quote:I'll take it.

Get Vernan Hargreaves next year w/ a healthy Fowler and we're good to go.

no no no.  we cant have Gators cause Derrick Harvey or something

WAAH!!!  The Jaguars are not #1 in the all important power rankings of some sports writer.

WAAH!!  The NFL perception of our team not being the best is WRONG!
Pages: 1 2 3