Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: FBI admits no major cases cracked with Patriot Act snooping powers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

FBI admits no major cases cracked with Patriot Act snooping powers

FBI agents can’t point to any major terrorism cases they’ve cracked thanks to the key snooping powers in the Patriot Act, the Justice Department’s inspector general said in a report Thursday that could complicate efforts to keep key parts of the law operating

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015...z3arkogFxh

Let's hope that congress and the senate doesn't see this and think "Wow!  The PATRIOT Act hasn't accomplished anything?  Guess we better broaden it's powers then."

Quote:Let's hope that congress and the senate doesn't see this and think "Wow!  The PATRIOT Act hasn't accomplished anything?  Guess we better broaden it's powers then."

Or think...great!!, We are so good we scared them with our awesome power! We need to make it bigger!!
Quote:Let's hope that congress and the senate doesn't see this and think "Wow!  The PATRIOT Act hasn't accomplished anything?  Guess we better broaden it's powers then."

Quote:Or think...great!!, We are so good we scared them with our awesome power! We need to make it bigger!!
Sigh.... Why do I get the feeling this is exactly what will happen.  :yucky:
And literally all the 'small government' congressional republicans will vote to expand it's scope.
Quote:And literally all the 'small government' congressional republicans will vote to expand it's scope.

Just like all of the "more government" congressional democrats.
Quote:And literally all the 'small government' congressional republicans will vote to expand it's scope.

Quote:Just like all of the "more government" congressional democrats.
Actually it seems their is bipartisan support in the house to reduce the scope. It's the senate that is having the problems I think. 
The Freedom Act doesn't quite go far enough, but it's probably the best we can hope for right now.

What I want to know, is who is in charge of these acronyms?  I'd love to have that job. 

Providing

Appropriate

Tools

Required to

Intercept and

Obstruct

Terrorism

Fulfilling

Rights and

Ending

Eavesdropping

Dragnet-Collection and

Monitoring

Those who vote for it are not 'small government.'

Quote:Actually it seems their is bipartisan support in the house to reduce the scope. It's the senate that is having the problems I think. 

Gee, I wonder what party has control of The Senate?   :whistling:
The problem is they aren't spying enough, what we need to do is have everyone's house and office wired for sound and video.  Those with nothing to hide should have nothing to worry about. Am I doing it right?   

Quote:Gee, I wonder what party has control of The Senate?   :whistling:

The Republican Party has control of The Senate.

...And they're having trouble limiting the scope of the patriot act?

Quote:<div>
Gee, I wonder what party has control of The Senate?    :whistling:

</div>
Quote:The Republican Party has control of The Senate.

Laughing
Yeah I am not sure what your point is here..... It seems you are trying to make this a partisan issue when people from all different viewpoints in here are in unanimous agreement of what we want to see happen. As pointed out by others the GOP controls the senate.... 

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/...ity-leader
Now you're thinking like a politician! 
True small government republicans aren't supporting this.  Just because some elected nitwit has an R after his name, that doesn't make him a small government guy. 
Look who is leading the Senate.  The leadership in that house shares DNA with the likes of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi.  They're not conservatives.  They're just a bunch of plutocrats who are more focused on keeping their positions of power than they are on dialing back governmental intrusion into our lives.  There are a few people in the Senate who are there to beat this, but unfortunately not enough.
Quote:Look who is leading the Senate.  The leadership in that house shares DNA with the likes of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi.  They're not conservatives.  They're just a bunch of plutocrats who are more focused on keeping their positions of power than they are on dialing back governmental intrusion into our lives.  There are a few people in the Senate who are there to beat this, but unfortunately not enough.

No true Scotsman.

Quote:Look who is leading the Senate.  The leadership in that house shares DNA with the likes of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi.  They're not conservatives.  They're just a bunch of plutocrats who are more focused on keeping their positions of power than they are on dialing back governmental intrusion into our lives.  There are a few people in the Senate who are there to beat this, but unfortunately not enough.

Exactly my point.  It's "the establishment" types.
Ron Paul was right but nobody wanted to hear it 10 years ago. Good luck getting the Feds to give that power up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4