Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If the season started today what would be your line up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
On defense and offense.

Marks will probably miss time.

And do you think 2 TEs or 3 WRs?

Thoughts
Offense:

QB - Bortles

RB - Yeldon

WR - Lee, Robinson, Hurns

TE - Thomas

LT - Joeckel

LG - Beadles

C - Wisniewski

RG - Linder

RT - Parnell

Defense:

DE - Alualu, Branch

DT - Marks, Odrick (not sure if Odrick's going to be playing end or tackle)

LB - Skuta, Posluszny, Smith

CB - McCray, House, Colvin (nickel)

S - Cyprien, Brown

By the end of the year, Sample and Cann could easily replace Brown and Beadles but I think initially they'll want more experience on the field to start the season.  It'll be interesting to see who wins the punt and kick returner jobs on ST.
Quote:Offense:

QB - Bortles

RB - Yeldon

TE - Thomas

LT - Joeckel

LG - Beadles

C - Wisniewski

RG - Linder

RT - Parnell

Defense:

DE - Alualu, Branch

S - Cyprien, Brown

By the end of the year, Sample and Cann could easily replace Brown and Beadles but I think initially they'll want more experience on the field to start the season. It'll be interesting to see who wins the punt and kick returner jobs on ST.

Odrick will be playing the "big" end position.
Quote:Offense:

QB - Bortles

RB - Yeldon

TE - Thomas

LT - Joeckel

LG - Beadles

C - Wisniewski

RG - Linder

RT - Parnell

Defense:

DE - Alualu, Branch

S - Cyprien, Brown

By the end of the year, Sample and Cann could easily replace Brown and Beadles but I think initially they'll want more experience on the field to start the season. It'll be interesting to see who wins the punt and kick returner jobs on ST.

Bennett at DT?
I believe Caldwell said there will be a lot of 2 TE sets with 2 WRs, which is one of the reasons we didn't draft Cooper.

Quote:Odrick will be playing the "big" end position.
How do people not know this yet?

Offense:

QB-  Bortles

RB - Yeldon

WR-Robinson

WR-Lee

TE-Thomas

TE-Lewis (WR - Hurns/Greene; depending on what the first play call of the game is)

LT-Joeckel

LG-Beadles (first half of season)

C-Wiz

RG-Linder

RT- Parnell

Defense: 

LEO-Clemons

DT (3 Tech)-Bennett. I think he beats out Hood.

DT (Nose)- Miller

DE- Odrick

OLB-Smith

MLB-Poz

OTTO-Skuta

CB-McCray

FS- Sample

SS- Cyprien

CB-House

Nickel Package:

CB Colvin replaces OTTO Skuta.

Lightning Package:

Leo-Clemons

DT- Davis

DT-Odrick

DE - Branch
Quote:I believe Caldwell said there will be a lot of 2 TE sets with 2 WRs, which is one of the reasons we didn't draft Cooper.

I like the idea of the 2 TE sets as long as Lewis doesnt botch easy catches. Thomas should open up alot of oppurtunities for our WRs and 2nd TE
Quote:I like the idea of the 2 TE sets as long as Lewis doesnt botch easy catches. Thomas should open up alot of oppurtunities for our WRs and 2nd TE
Maybe Thomas shares some Stickum with his new pal.
Quote:I like the idea of the 2 TE sets as long as Lewis doesnt botch easy catches. Thomas should open up alot of oppurtunities for our WRs and 2nd TE
Agreed.  If he blocks like he has the ability to do, then it will be a very versatile formation.
Quote:How do people not know this yet?
Not to mention the fact that they cut Red Bryant almost immediately after signing Odrick.
This is easy:

QB - Bortles

RB - Yeldon

WR - Robinson

WR - Lee

TE - Thomas

TE - Lewis

LT - Joeckel

LG - Beadles

C - Wiz

RG - Linder

RT - Parnell

LEO - Clemons/Branch

DT - Marks/Hood *depending on Marks ACL

NT - Miller

DE - Odrik

OTTO - Skuta

MLB - Poz

WLB - Smith

CB - McCray

FS - Brown

SS - Cyprien

CB - House

K - Scobee

P - Anger

LS - Tinker

There you go.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Offense:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">QB - Bortles

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">RB - Yeldon

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">WR - Lee, Robinson, Greene

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">TE - Thomas

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">LT - Joeckel

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">LG - Cann

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">C - Wisniewski

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">RG - Linder

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">RT - Parnell

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I think Cann supplants Beadles. I'd like Bowanko to keep his starting job, that would bode very well for the future. But I think the vet will get the nod and at least bridge until Bowanko can get bigger.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Barring injury, I don't expect the O-line to have much shaking up through the season like earlier last year.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I think Greene earns the slot. Hurns and Sterling will back up the outside wide out spots, Sanders is #6 if we keep that many.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Defense:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">DE - Odrick

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">LEO - Clemons

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">DT - Marks, Miller 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">LB - Skuta, Posluszny, Smith

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">CB - McCray, House, Colvin (nickel)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">S - Cyprien, Brown

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I'm being optimistic about Marks' injury, and slightly reserved about Sample being able to push for the starting FS job.

I think Colvin could start and House could end up being the nickel. But the CBs look very solid no matter what.
QB- BB

RB- Yeldon

WR- Robinson, Lee

TE- Thomas, LEWIS

OL- Joeckel, Cann, Wiz, Linder, Parnell

DL- branch, Marks, Odrick, Davis

LB- Poz, Telvin, Skuta

CB- McCray, House

S- Sample, Cyp
Ok guys...

Your LEO is either going be Clemons, Branch, or Davis.

Your DT will be Marks, Hood, or Bennett.

Your NT will be Miller or Jones.

Your DE will be Odrik or Alualu.
Quote:QB- BB

RB- Yeldon

WR- Robinson, Lee

TE- Thomas, LEWIS

OL- Joeckel, Cann, Wiz, Linder, Parnell

DL- branch, Marks, Odrick, Davis

LB- Poz, Telvin, Skuta

CB- McCray, House

S- Sample, Cyp
We are gonna start 3 DE's? Davis will play "big" end?

You need to go back and edit that my friend. You should read the above posts
QB - Bortles

WR - Hurns and Robinson

RB - Yeldon

TE - Thomas and Lewis

LT - Luke

LG - Beadles*

C - Wiz

RG - Linder

RT - Parnell

LEO - Clemons followed by Branch Davis and Smith

DT (3 tech) - Odrick followed by Hood, Bennett

NT (0/1 tech) - Jones

RDE - (5tech) Alualu Hood 

----------------- once Miller and Marks returns

DT (3T) - Marks, Bennett, Hood

NT - Miller, Jones

RDE  (5tech) Odrick, Alualu, Hood

------------------

WILL LB - Smith

MIKE LB - POZ

OTTO/JACK LB - Skuta

Outside CB House and McCray

Slot/Nickel - Colvin*

FS - Brown*

SS - Cyprien 

LS - Tinker

P - Anger

K - Scobee 

* - will start there but I wouldn't like it that way.  IE Colvin can play outside too but House was signed to such a big deal and can't play inside as well.  IE Brown also got signed to be big deal but may be beat out by Sample or Evans later on.

Some of you guys are penciling in Marks to start if the season started today, he would not be able to play.

Also I see some of us are going with Cann at LG and some are going with Beadles.
Who are you taking?  Cann or Cann?

Quote:Some of you guys are penciling in Marks to start if the season started today, he would not be able to play.

Also I see some of us are going with Cann at LG and some are going with Cann.

Hood would probably start in favor of Marks and Bennett if the season started today since both are injured. None of the rookies should start if the season started today as well.
Quote:Hood would probably start in favor of Marks and Bennett if the season started today since both are injured. None of the rookies should start if the season started today as well.

What would your secondary be
Pages: 1 2 3 4