Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ace Sanders cutting day is approaching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The Jacksonville Jaguars General Manager Dave Caldwell stated that Denard Robinson will return kickoffs and the drafting of Rashad Greene whom will also likely compete with D-Rob maybe as secondary kickoff returner, and most likely be a slot receiver pretty much sealed up Ace Sanders career in Jacksonville. 

-----------------------------------------

Rotoworld wrote the following;

Greene joins Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Marqise Lee and potentially Justin Blackmon in a receiver corps the Jags have aggressively addressed the past few seasons. Greene (5'11/182) was a first-team All-ACC pick as both a junior and senior, setting FSU all-time records in receptions (270) and receiving yards (3,830). He scored 32 TDs in college, including two on punt returns as a sophomore. Limited athletically for his skinny build, Greene ran 4.53 at the Combine with a 36 1/2-inch vertical and 10-foot-2 broad jump. One of the most refined route runners in the 2015 receiver class, Greene projects as a Doug Baldwin-ian slot receiver. He's at his best working the middle of the field. His arrival is trouble for Ace Sanders. May 2 - 1:49 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10397/rashad-greene

Ace back in Oct.

Jaguars WR Ace Sanders missed his lone target in Sunday's Week 6 loss to the Titans.
Since returning from his four-game suspension, Sanders has two catches for 12 yards on three targets. He offers no value or upside in fantasy leagues as the Jaguars' No. 5 receiver behind Allen Robinson, Cecil Shorts, Allen Hurns, and Marqise Lee. Sun, Oct 12, 2014 04:37:00 PM
---------------------------------------

Do you see any chance of Ace staying on the roster at the start of the season and if so why?

Maybe as a 5th receiver. Who else would it be? Sterling? Walters? Doss?

I assume WR Rashad Greene gets the start at Slot (Y) with WR Neal Sterling backing him up.  The (X) Split End being Allen Robinson, and Tandon Doss as his backup Then the (Z) Flanker as Allen Hurns with Marqise Lee as his backup.

Sanders was PR not KR though.

Todman was KR.
Good point, and I read the Lee thread that stated Gus has M. Lee as starting X role not as Z backup.  Of course all that could change during preseason.

Ace should be the 5th WR. If we has a smart OC they would scheme him 2-3 touches in space per game. Hes not starting material but if used right his quickness could be usefull.
I disagree his poor performance last season combined with his suspesion warrants cutting him.

I think his days are numbered....

but I wouldn't be surprised if he stuck around for another season either...

not a terrible 5th or 6th option

I don't see the point of having him as a #5 WR.  For someone like that, you want someone that is either developing and typically someone that can contribute on ST.  With Julius and Lewis out there, the dude would literally never see the field.

I like AR15, Hurns, Lee, Green, then let Ace battle it out with Doss or Blackmon If he reTurns. The last guy will have to play ST and at 5 7 that's hard to do as a gunner.
GM Dave Caldwell pretty much said he has no hope of Blackmon returning to the Jaguars.  I mean the guy is out of shape and making no real effort to come back to the NFL.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL BLACKMON COMES BACK!!!!
I don't understand why he gets so much hate. Sure, he did next to nothing last season, but he didn't hurt the team. There are lots of other players that did less than him or hurt the team at some point.

Ace Sanders missed 1 target last season and lost 1 fumble returning punts. He was pretty middle of the league in punt returning. Certainly upgradeable, but lets not act like it was this guy losing us games.
Ace would need a miracle camp to stick.

Quote:I don't understand why he gets so much hate. Sure, he did next to nothing last season, but he didn't hurt the team. There are lots of other players that did less than him or hurt the team at some point.

Ace Sanders missed 1 target last season and lost 1 fumble returning punts. He was pretty middle of the league in punt returning. Certainly upgradeable, but lets not act like it was this guy losing us games.
Well that's exactly it.  He just isn't doing anything.  With how much potential our skill players have, he's the one guy that stands out with a huge "MEH".  I don't think it would be that hard to find someone to do just as good of a job as him, but someone that has more potential.
A guy that causes negative media attention with his suspension comes back and fumbles the ball and drops easy catches, and pretty much does nothing last year except be a distraction.  Why would you keep him?

He's walkin' the mile..
The guy is going to get a chance to compete for a spot. Relax people.
Quote:The guy is going to get a chance to compete for a spot. Relax people.

I don't think anyone's more relaxed than this group.. They're just sayin it like it is..
He's obviously got an uphill battle to make the roster -  but, then we knew that many months ago.  We also heard Caldwell plainly say that they were looking for a slot receiver months ago.  They found one in the draft instead of FA. 

So - I don't see any news here, nor do I understand the eagerness to cut the kid.  I could see him doing well elsewhere - but I feel we've probably upgraded - and I'm happy about that. 

I think he could be a nice element for the right offense to use creatively  - and with some really good coaching he could even be an above-average punt returner.  Someone just needs to get him to put a cap on the sideline to sideline stuff and get upfield whenever there's a sliver of green in front of him.  He hasn't engrained that yet - but if he does.... he'll be alright. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5