Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wind turbines kill 573,000 birds and 888,000 bats every year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

License to Kill

According to a study in the Wildlife Society Bulletin, wind turbines kill 573,000 birds and 888,000 bats every year. At one solar power plant in California, an estimated 3,500 birds died in just the plant’s first year of operation.

http://americanenergyalliance.org/2015/0...e-to-kill/

http://www.abcbirds.org/newsandreports/r...40207.html

Up to 1 billion birds killed annually by building collisions.  

Over a half million of them damn things dead a year, yet ALWAYS after I wash my car...
Man.. Reminds me of Exxon Valdez.
The Drifter is proud to be an unpaid Koch foot soldier.

Quote:The Drifter is proud to be an unpaid Koch foot soldier.

Disprove the facts and quit with the personal attacks.......

If you even have any valid argument........
Quote:Disprove the facts and quit with the personal attacks.......

Buildings themselves cause hundreds of millions of bird deaths each year.  I don't see anyone worried about that.
Millions more birds are killed by cell phone and radio towers than wind turbines. But the Koch don't fund an anti-tower organization like the one you copy and pasted in the original post.

Quote:Disprove the facts and quit with the personal attacks.......

Make a point beyond parroting an article, maybe we'll make an effort in response.
The argument is silly on the surface but they make a solid point that while wind companies are exempt from accidental bird deaths why are other power companies not exempt from accidental bird deaths? 

Quote:Make a point beyond parroting an article, maybe we'll make an effort in response.

He's the target demo. A Koch funded organization posts an opinion piece with very little context but wit a cute little cartoon poking fun at Obama and gets their unpaid foot soldiers like him to go and repost it across the internet. A win for the Kochs.
From a technical/experience point of view.  Wind power is the least efficient when it comes to naturally generated power.  IMHO several wind generators are placed in non-ideal locations.  The problem with birds/bats flying into them is easily solved.

I am all for renewable energy, but it has to be done correctly.

Quote:He's the target demo. A Koch funded organization posts an opinion piece with very little context but wit a cute little cartoon poking fun at Obama and gets their unpaid foot soldiers like him to go and repost it across the internet. A win for the Kochs.

Question, how do you know they're Koch funded? Give me a link.

And I'm all for using what energy sources we have, coal, oil, natural gas, nuclear. Just like the article said, these entities get fined heavily where as wind turbines get tax exempt status and no fines for killed wildlife or destroyed environment. And last I read, It cost more to run a wind turbine then the amount of energy it produces, hence, the tax breaks they get.
I heard cows have become a problem too..

[Image: 2dgrtds.jpg]

Quote:I heard cows have become a problem too..

[Image: 2dgrtds.jpg]

Put a grinder on that thing and McDonalds will get behind wind power.
Quote:Put a grinder on that thing and McDonalds will get behind wind power.

Sir, I said cows, not kangaroo.. 
Quote:Question, how do you know they're Koch funded? Give me a link.

And I'm all for using what energy sources we have, coal, oil, natural gas, nuclear. Just like the article said, these entities get fined heavily where as wind turbines get tax exempt status and no fines for killed wildlife or destroyed environment. And last I read, It cost more to run a wind turbine then the amount of energy it produces, hence, the tax breaks they get.

It was started by a Koch lobbyist, Thomas Pyle.

It is not that hard to find. Try Google. The organization is funded largely by energy companies and large corps like Koch. None of this should be surprising.

I don't get the point of posting this, or the point of the article. Are we supposed to be so worried about dead birds and bats we don't try to find and use other sources of energy?
Its like Global Warming, it only matters to the Left when it allows them to look down on/feel smug about/control other people. Just watch the responses in this thread for the case study.
Quote:Its like Global Warming, it only matters to the Left when it allows them to look down on/feel smug about/control other people. Just watch the responses in this thread for the case study.

That is such a random shot at nobody in particular, it begs for specifics.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6