Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What camp battles intrigues you most?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Storm Johnson vs Toby Gerhart

Cann vs Beadles

Bennett vs Miller

Greene vs all other slots

What are yours
Bennett is not battling Miller. Bennett is more of a 3 tech.

I'm curious to see who wins the job at FS and which of the RBs stick
Quote:Storm Johnson vs Toby Gerhart

Cann vs Beadles

Bennett vs Miller

What are yours

Bennett plays a different position from Miller.   If Bennett makes the team, he will back up Marks. 

The position battle that most intrigues me right now is Beadles vs Cann.   Cann is by all reports a high quality draft pick, described by some TV pundits as "a 10-year starter."   Beadles was pretty weak at the beginning of the 2014 season, but according to the coaches, he played a lot better later in the year.   If Cann beats him out, this will be Beadles' last year here.     
Cann and Beadles really.

Surprised no one has mentioned Wiz vs Bowanko.
Cann and Beadles

FS position
Blake Bortles vs Jake Waters.....I kid I kid

Wisniewski vs Bowanko - I expect Wisniewski to win this battle easily.

Beadles vs Cann - I think experience wins out to start the year, but Cann ends up the starter by the end of the season.

Brown vs. Sample - This is under the assumption the reports I read are correct and he is getting a shot at FS.

D-Rob vs. Yeldon - This will only fire up D-Rob even more. Yeldon better work hard.

Seeing who is going to be our starting LG and C is intriguing.

Quote:Seeing who is going to be our starting LG and C is intriguing.
Agreed. Competition across the line. If the line improves to atleast top half in run blocking and pass protection, Bortles will start looking like a franchise qb on the field
Quote:Storm Johnson vs Toby Gerhart

Cann vs Beadles

Bennett vs Miller

What are yours

More like Bennett vs. Ziggy Hood to be Marks's backup. Roy Miller is a lock to start at nose tackle if he's healthy. I believe Abry Jones will be Miller's backup. 
Quote:More like Bennett vs. Ziggy Hood to be Marks's backup. Roy Miller is a lock to start at nose tackle if he's healthy. I believe Abry Jones will be Miller's backup.

Yup. Dave will have to be creative to keep Hood and Bennett. If Marks isn't ready to go he may start the season on the PUP or you may see Hood or Bennett put on IR for some small injury.

Abry Jones seems safe as the back NT for now.
Obviously Cann vs. Beadles, then Sample vs. Marshall
Quote:Cann and Beadles

FS position

This.
People are sleeping on Shoelace but we'll see. Shoelace vs. Yeldon will be exciting.

I honestly expect Shoelace to hold onto the starting job with Yeldon spelling him until that time he breaks out.

Quote:People are sleeping on Shoelace but we'll see. Shoelace vs. Yeldon will be exciting.

I honestly expect Shoelace to hold onto the starting job with Yeldon spelling him until that time he breaks out.

Same here. I'm not too excited about the "battle" here since I feel its already decided for now
I think Marks will pup list to start the season as well.

Our Dline is going to be beast!
Quote:People are sleeping on Shoelace but we'll see. Shoelace vs. Yeldon will be exciting.

They will split carries anyways, I dont think it matters who starts

FS

G

C

are the battles i'm looking at
Beadles vs. Cann

Wisniewski vs. Bowanko

Fowler vs. Clemons

Free safety and the position battles at OL are what I'm interested in. Both are big keys to whether this season includes enough improvement or more struggles. Bortles cannot be hit as much as past year. Period. It can't even be close.
Pages: 1 2