Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: DRob best, Joeckel worst
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
No news really, and I don't agree with DRob being the best pick of the Caldwell era thus far, but hey, I don't head to the tennis court till late afternoon, so...

From the Score (fantastic app, by the way): Best and Worst Draft Picks by Current GMs

http://www.thescore.com/news/728724

Jacksonville Jaguars

GM

BEST PICK

WORST PICK

David Caldwell (2013)

RB Denard Robinson (5th rd 2013)

OT Luke Joeckel (1st rd 2013)

<p style="font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', sans-serif;color:rgb(31,31,31);font-size:15px;">Taking college quarterback Robinson with plans to convert him to running back was a bold move that's panned out.  Joeckel isn't a bust, and may wind up as a useful starter, but the Jaguars expected more from the second overall pick.
Nope
I genuinely enjoy intelligible responses like this, oface.  I smile all the time when someone writes an essay (not exemplified here), only for commenters to post one word quips like 'nope, nah, [BLEEP], smh, lolz, trudat'.  So cool.  I'm going to practice that.

Best: Telvin Smith

Worst: Ace Sanders
Quote:I genuinely enjoy intelligible responses like this, oface. I smile all the time when someone writes an essay (not exemplified here), only for commenters to post one word quips like 'nope, nah, [BAD WORD REMOVED], smh, lolz, trudat'. So cool. I'm going to practice that.

Uh huh
For me....

Best pick: (tie)

Demetrius McCray (7th round, pick 210)- quickly developing into a top tier CB.

Telvin Smith (5th round, pick 144)- showing ability to be an impact player.

Worst:

Luke Joeckel (1st round, pick 2)- has vastly under-performed draft position to date.

It's hard to judge a "best" and "worst" pick of the era when none of Caldwell's guys have even played out their third full season yet. This is the year the 2013 draft can be judged.

For me the best pick was Telvin Smith what a steal, the worst pick so far has to be Luke Joeckel but he can still turn it around this year (if his replacement isnt drafted 3rd overall).

Telvin and McCray are the best picks (although I am pretty sure everyone is hoping this changes to Bortles really fast)

The top of the 2013 draft is very skeptical anyway so Luke gets a slight break right now (just like his ankle in his rookie year)

DRob is far from the best pick. Right now, that goes to Demetrius. A 7th round, small school CB who is a starting corner with tons of potential? Its not even close.

Best = Linder

Worst = I'd like to say Ace but I don't see much talent after Ace was selected in the 4th round.  Joekel has the potential to be the worst based on the #2 selection.  Little do I know.  I liked both selections
Ace Sanders is an absolute set in stone bust. Im not sure you can say that for the rest of his packs quite yet though some are closer than others.

But thats alright. If a GM ever hit on every pick in a draft year, They'd get a 3 year extension just for the achievement.

Quote:Ace Sanders is an absolute set in stone bust. Im not sure you can say that for the rest of his packs quite yet though some are closer than others.

But thats alright. If a GM ever hit on every pick in a draft year, They'd get a 3 year extension just for the achievement.

He is a fourth round pick. Context.

Take a look at who was taken after him. Mostly trash.

Best:Telvin Smith

Worst:Jeremy Harris

I'm going to take a different approach at this and go purely on production ignoring round and everything. Harris has to be the worst because he missed his entire rookie season and only has 5 tackles so far in his career, appearing in 6 games. Smith has to be the best because he has showed the most potential and had a high production level in his only season.

Anchor, cheers for the heads up mate.  

Mod/mob Squad: I beg oh, I beg, shall be careful of 'acronyms' now.  One would think the acronym cures the ill, but...

Back to the list: I was stunned to see that Sherman and Chancellor were 5th rounders.  5th round?  Makes one really wonder; is there system that robust?  Would they have been nearly as outstanding in other places?  But when you consider the overall talent level in Seattle, it makes sense.

Best: McCray. Seriously a 7th round pick who is up there with some of the best CB's in the NFL already.

Worst: Jeremy Harris?

I agree with Telvin Smith but let's not jump on the McCray train yet.  Anyone remember Derek Cox???

Worst has to be Jockel.  To go that high and play that bad at premium position has bust written all over it.  I know he was injured for the most part but he has not shown a lot of potential.  Hope he proves me wrong this year!

Also props to DC for Aaron Colvin and Allen Hurns picks.  I think two of them and Telvin Smith will be superstars for this team.  I want to say Bortles as well but the poor guy is going to get killed playing behind this paper cutout unit that we call our O-Line. 
I don't think Ace is the worst pick. He played well his rookie year and was buried on the depth chart his sophomore year. I don't think I e seen Jeremy Harris do a thing for us. He's my pick. But Linder or Telvin Smith is my pick for best pick
Also, they picked Cordarelle Patterson as their worst draft pick for Spielman. I just don't how you can justify that for a guy who as a Pro-bowler and an All-Pro performer in his rookie year. I know he's been a headache, but you can't tell me that in 20 plus draft picks, he's the worst one
I had a hard time with Shoelace / D-Rob as being the best because he struggled so much as an Offensive Weapon / WR / HB.  I mean part of that you can blame on the coaches, but the fumbles and drops he's had over the last two years have been hard to watch.  He got really good towards the end of the season that has people wanting to put him as the best (but if he is that great why is their so much talk about drafting a running back on the message boards and other websites)?

To me its an easy hands down Telvin Smith.  If he was put in at preseason as a starter or at least a few weeks earlier he wouldve made a strong run at ProBowl in his rookie year in my opinion he'll get that this season as long he doesnt get injured and plays as good as last year or hopefully better with better players to help him out (draft).

Pages: 1 2 3