Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Best WR in the AFC South
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Who is the best WR in the AFC South? 

Here are a few names to consider:

1. DeAndre Hopkins

2. T.Y. Hilton

3. Andre Johnson

4. Allen Hurns

5. Allen Robinson

6. Kendall Wright

Of course, if you think it's someone not mentioned above, give your best argument why you think that player is the best WR in the AFC South.

Cecil LOL

Allen Hurns for the win, it might be A. Cooper...?

If we go by stats alone, it would be T.Y. Hilton. He's fast, quick, runs great routes and has great hands.

If we consider other factors, (QB, offensive system, etc...) it might be DeAndre Hopkins. He's big, fast, and physical, all of which Andre Johnson used to be.

This year, in a possible final hurrah, with Luck passing often....it just might be Andre Johnson.

With sub par QB play in Houston and run first game plans, he could have a pretty good year in clot land

Hope not, but...

But there's this TE in JVille that might turn some heads...not a WR, but may be used as one. Fingers crossed.
I'd have to go with Hopkins or Hilton. The colts will soon see why the Texans decided to let Andre go.....or of course Andre might just let his freak fly to prove Bob wrong.

Should be an interesting year to see who's right.

Still andre
Quote:Who is the best WR in the AFC South? 

I speculate that by the end of 2015 the frontrunners in this conversation will be Moncreif and Allen Robinson.

Hilton and Hopkins are far and away the best imo

Ty Hilton without a doubt. Not that impressed with Hopkins and Jags best wr is suspended indefinitely.
TY Hilton easily,, IMO.

I think Moncrief will be a really good one too very soon.

Assuming Moncrief steps up like I think k he will,, the Colts will have an excellent receiving group set up.

Hilton

Moncrief

Allen

Fleener

If those guys stay healthy,, they'll be set.
Quote:TY Hilton easily,, IMO.

I think Moncrief will be a really good one too very soon.

Assuming Moncrief steps up like I think k he will,, the Colts will have an excellent receiving group set up.

Hilton

Moncrief

Allen

Fleener

If those guys stay healthy,, they'll be set.
I noticed you left out Andre Johnson,. Is that because you are projecting forward a few years? Just wondering in all honesty.

I think for the next two years Andre Johnson will be an impact player for the Colts and then, like Wayne, he will fade later in his career.
Quote:I noticed you left out Andre Johnson,. Is that because you are projecting forward a few years? Just wondering in all honesty.

I think for the next two years Andre Johnson will be an impact player for the Colts and then, like Wayne, he will fade later in his career.

Yeah,, I was basically just looking at their main core of guys towards the future. I agree with you about Andre. He may be a really good piece for them for a year or two.
Hurns isn't better than Robinson.

Quote:Hurns isn't better than Robinson.
agree
Quote:I speculate that by the end of 2015 the frontrunners in this conversation will be Moncreif and Allen Robinson.
I agree with this.

Both are similar receivers.

Both are big, physical, and can make big plays down field.
TY Hilton.

Special vote goes to Amari Cooper.

Super special vote that doesn't make sense is Julius Thomas who lines up wide.  He arguably may be the best TE or WR in the AFC South.  Big get for the jags.

TY Hilton is by far the most dangerous WR in the division currently

I'm going to go with DeAndre Hopkins.. He was already the best WR on his team last year and now he'll get even more opportunities now that Andre is gone. He has great body control, runs great routes (learned from one of the best ever), and has meat hooks for hands..just snatches the ball out of the air.
I would currently go with T.Y. Hilton because of his proven big play dimension.

If Allen Robinson can stay relatively healthy in 2015 and Blake Bortles improves substantially in his 2nd season,   Robinson could emerge as the most complete WR in the AFC South excluding the 2015 rookie crop.

Pages: 1 2 3 4