Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Telvin Smith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Tweet from Hays Carlyon (@HaysCarlyon) - Talked to Telvin Smith here at FSU pro day. Says he's looking forward to going against Julius Thomas in practice. #Jaguars

https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/5...0533252096

Tweet from Hays Carlyon (@HaysCarlyon) - Telvin appears to have gained a little weight. Still looks more like a safety, not that it hurt him last year with 99 tackles. #Jaguars

https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/5...0035670017
The best steal and draft pick GM Dave Caldwell has made to date.  I was extremely impressed by OLB Telvin Smith's heart & mind on the field.  I hope he continues to improve and becomes a ProBowler this year!

We win this year and he will be a Pro-Bowler. I often hype our players up but I'm completely sold on Telvin Smith. He can pretty much do it all. Blitz, cover, tackle, team leader, he's fast, and plays with heart. Great pick
A few fans were writing posts about his lack of ability to get after the running back, which I never understood but he quickly hushed them up with many running back stuffs behind the line of scrimage!

He's a beast!

with Skuta on the other side and a healthy poz it should be a nice LB core!

If he was 218 and looks like he gained weight he must be around 225 if its in the right areas to look obvious

I still think we need to add one more LB. This is a good draft to do that too.

Quote:If he was 218 and looks like he gained weight he must be around 225 if its in the right areas to look obvious

He was 205 at the end of last year. He said so himself.
MLB Paul Posluzny used to be 238 lbs, to my understanding 225 to 255lbs is usually MILB and 255lbs or heavier is usually a strong side, the weak side lb is all about speed and not as much about bulk even at 205lbs he might make the ProBowl!

Who gets more tackles this year...Telvin or Poz?

The competition will be fun to watch
Telvin Smith has the ability to become one of the league's best WILL linebackers period.  He's such a natural.

Yeah I started that thread a few days ago about rewatching the jags and dolphins game and I wanted to mention that Telvin Smith was absolutely all over the place. So fun to watch.
Quote:He was 205 at the end of last year. He said so himself.
Wow......then he's a great technician.....can't recall much missed tackles......he must be around 213
Quote:Wow......then he's a great technician.....can't recall much missed tackles......he must be around 213
I remember him being clearly overpowered by a few backs last year.  I'd like to se him stay on the far side of 220 all season. 

Rashad Jennings ran right through him - as did Jeremy Hill.  I think he's an awesome tackler, but 12-15 pounds would help him when one on one with a stout RB. 
Quote:I still think we need to add one more LB. This is a good draft to do that too.
Are you kidding me?  This is one of the worst drafts for LBs in years. The best ones in this crop are projected to be 3-4 OLBs too.
Quote:Who gets more tackles this year...Telvin or Poz?

The competition will be fun to watch
Talk about tackles for loss and the competition becomes fun.
Quote:Are you kidding me?  This is one of the worst drafts for LBs in years. The best ones in this crop are projected to be 3-4 OLBs too.

Then why do so many fan driven mock drafts have the Jaguars taking 3-4 OLB Fowler Jr., Shane Ray, Randy Gregory and Vic Beasley?

I think that GM Dave Caldwell isnt really looking at a LB at #3 since he signed Skuta for Strong, and HC Gus Bradley praised pubicly Poz (often) and we all know how great Telvin Smith looked at weak side. 

If Leo Williams is there I would expect that they sign him, but if he is taken I wouldnt be shocked to see a trade down (most likely with Browns) or drafting the unexpected like WR A. Cooper.

Maybe in the later rounds they'll draft a LB hoping for another steal like Telvin.
Im excited about Telvins future. He had the athleticism coming out of college. His technique just had to be a little more polished which improved throughout thr season
Quote:Then why do so many fan driven mock drafts have the Jaguars taking 3-4 OLB Fowler Jr., Shane Ray, Randy Gregory and Vic Beasley?

I think that GM Dave Caldwell isnt really looking at a LB at #3 since he signed Skuta for Strong, and HC Gus Bradley praised pubicly Poz (often) and we all know how great Telvin Smith looked at weak side. 

If Leo Williams is there I would expect that they sign him, but if he is taken I wouldnt be shocked to see a trade down (most likely with Browns) or drafting the unexpected like WR A. Cooper.

Maybe in the later rounds they'll draft a LB hoping for another steal like Telvin.
Because all of those guys (except Beasley) would play our LEO.  Not our OLB.  Read a book.
BYW, the pre-draft magazine put out by the former Pro Football Weekly people describes Telvin Smith as possible the steal of the draft. Of course that was obvious last May, but it's nice to have a national publication say it.

Quote:Because all of those guys (except Beasley) would play our LEO.  Not our OLB.  Read a book.
So, tall and incredibly thin Gregory could be our LEO but Beastley couldn't? lol ok.
Pages: 1 2 3 4