Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jeremy Parnell Signing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5812/jermey-parnell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...h-jaguars/

- Parnell is reporting that he agreed to terms with the jags! What you think about the potential signing??

In before somone says he's not a Jaguar YET and this get's moved to NFL at Large.

I like the idea.  Younger guy, graded pretty well at run blocking.  Not sure how well he did at pass blocking.  If Joekel can figure out his footwork and gain some strength, a front five of Joekel, Beadles, Bowanko(Wiz?), Linder, and Parnell should be a marked improvement over last year.

He's pretty inexperienced. Played in just over 500 snaps last year - about half of Dallas' offensive snaps (and this was like twice as much as he's played his entire career prior). For what it's worth, he did grade out quite well on PFF. Is this a product of the stellar talent around him on the OL, or has he actually developed into a good player? 

A bit curious as to why they would choose him with Bulaga still out there, but I am just a fan. Possibly injury history and wear and tear on Bulaga? Anyway, sounds like an upgrade. I figured they might go for him if Bulaga re-signed. Now if they can get Thomas and any safety that might be an improvement, I will be a happy camper. 

Paid him enough.
6.2 Million per year. 32M for 5 years.

Quote:6.2 Million per year. 32M for 5 years.
Whew. Back ups reaping it in.

Maybe a sign Murray is not just speculation?
Quote:A bit curious as to why they would choose him with Bulaga still out there, but I am just a fan. Possibly injury history and wear and tear on Bulaga? Anyway, sounds like an upgrade. I figured they might go for him if Bulaga re-signed. Now if they can get Thomas and any safety that might be an improvement, I will be a happy camper. 

Bulaga has more injury concerns and costs more money. Let's keep in mind that the Cowboys re-signed Free, so Pernell is likely to walk. Bulaga could still go back to GB. And as we've seen with Cobb (and McCourty), sometimes these players will decide to take a bit of a paycut to stay with a perennial contender.
it's Jermey.  don't let the guys here catch you spelling a name wrong.  Dave signed him and thus he's probably the best player in the history of the universe, and how dare you not know its Jermey?

Quote:it's Jermey.  don't let the guys here catch you spelling a name wrong.  Dave signed him and thus he's probably the best player in the history of the universe, and how dare you not know its Jermey?
Who?
Quote:Who?

Jermey.  You know?  That guy who played for that team last year.
Quote:Jermey.  You know?  That guy who played for that team last year.
oh....that guy.... SUPER BOWL BOUND #SB50CHAMPS
Quote:oh....that guy.... SUPER BOWL BOUND #SB50CHAMPS

if you go to the At Large forum you can watch a few vine videos of him pancaking some unknown players.  Clearly he's really good.
Quote:He's pretty inexperienced. Played in just over 500 snaps last year - about half of Dallas' offensive snaps (and this was like twice as much as he's played his entire career prior). For what it's worth, he did grade out quite well on PFF. Is this a product of the stellar talent around him on the OL, or has he actually developed into a good player? 
Played better then did Free when he went down.
Nice! Seen a bit of Dallas games hes pretty good. Im happy with this signing.

So in everyones opinion. Improvement? Or just more waste of money?

Yes....Jarvis Jenkins and Keenan Robinson are unknown players.  You can't even tell who the seahawks player is that gets mauled.  Clearly based on three clips you can forecast the rest of his career.

Quote:if you go to the At Large forum you can watch a few vine videos of him pancaking some unknown players.  Clearly he's really good.
Quote:Bulaga has more injury concerns and costs more money. Let's keep in mind that the Cowboys re-signed Free, so Pernell is likely to walk. Bulaga could still go back to GB. And as we've seen with Cobb (and McCourty), sometimes these players will decide to take a bit of a paycut to stay with a perennial contender.
Yeah, the money probably isn't a big deal but I could see the injury concerns being significant. Regardless, happy to see one of their top three needs met. Still hopeful about Jones, and really wondering about safety. Next few days should be interesting. Hope this fixes our right tackle issues.
Here's hoping.  If he plays consistently as he flashed in action year, next to Linder....that right side is going to be nasty.

Quote:Yeah, the money probably isn't a big deal but I could see the injury concerns being significant. Regardless, happy to see one of their top three needs met. Still hopeful about Jones, and really wondering about safety. Next few days should be interesting. Hope this fixes our right tackle issues.
Definitely an improvement. I live out here in Cowboys land. A buddy of mine is very upset that they could not retain him or Murray. He compared it to when we had Naeole and Dennis Norman coming of the bench to block for Fred. A starting caliber player that keeps the line fresh.

We took Murray and Parnell looks like lol. He also has LT ability so this is actually a good signing. We could potentially draft a RT in the 3rd and kick Parnell to LT if Joeckle is n't better. Above average pick-up and should upgrade our line tremendously. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5