Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Asked Caldwell if he is ready to take some big swings next week.  He said "Yeah if the right pitch comes."  Per O'Halloran.  This gets me excited.  Do you guys think we should find out a lot of information over the weekend as soon as the Jags can start talking to players on Saturday?

I think keeping an eye on the tweets of Schefter, LaCanfora, O'Halloran and the like would be wise on Saturday if you wanna find out who the Jags are talking to.  Could get interesting. 

He was on Jaguars Thursday and said he hopes to get a few younger "blue chips" that can be good and productive for us for 4-5 years and supplement with other guys like The Chris Clemons types.
I think the free agent noise will begin Saturday. Can't wait!

Boy is this fan base going to be disappointed if this is just another typical Jags Free Agency. I don't think it will be but the hype around this Free Agency is out of this world right now. 

Quote:Boy is this fan base going to be disappointed if this is just another typical Jags Free Agency. I don't think it will be but the hype around this Free Agency is out of this world right now. 

I agree to an extent. I don't believe this will be a "typical Jags Free Agency" based on the last couple of years, but I also don't think we are getting Suh, McCourty, Bulaga, Cobb, Thomas, etc. I would say if we could pull 2, maybe 3 of the top/mid-tier FA's, it would be successful. McCourty, Cobb and Thomas would be huge and then we could look for a Parnell or Barksdale as a mid-tier for RT. 
If FA's choose a better situation over ours I can understand but if we get out muscled by other bottom feeders he needs to be fired
Quote:If FA's choose a better situation over ours I can understand but if we get out muscled by other bottom feeders he needs to be fired
^^^^This.
Quote:If FA's choose a better situation over ours I can understand but if we get out muscled by other bottom feeders he needs to be fired
I woudnt say he needs to be fired, but if dudes are choosing the raiders and Miami over us, something is wrong
Quote:I agree to an extent. I don't believe this will be a "typical Jags Free Agency" based on the last couple of years, but I also don't think we are getting Suh, McCourty, Bulaga, Cobb, Thomas, etc. I would say if we could pull 2, maybe 3 of the top/mid-tier FA's, it would be successful. McCourty, Cobb and Thomas would be huge and then we could look for a Parnell or Barksdale as a mid-tier for RT. 

If we miss out on all of those names then it will be a huge failure. I expect us to make at least one big splash, during the free agency.They have to convince these guys that the Jaguars can win super bowls as well.
Khan should have his private jet ready for Suh to come here to sign a deal making him the highest paid ever same to McCourty the rest just lure them in. If we can get 3 or more big free agents in the same room and maybe that will be convincing enough to get them all to sign.

Quote:If we miss out on all of those names then it will be a huge failure. I expect us to make at least one big splash, during the free agency.They have to convince these guys that the Jaguars can win super bowls as well.

I agree that we can't miss out on all of them, but we also won't sign all of them. Not sure how clear I made my point. We aren't signing all of the top FA's, but if we can get 2-3, it will be a successful FA period.
[Image: NTsOF.jpg]

Yay.  It's bash the GM for not signing free agent X again.  Can you guys just wait till Saturday to start this stuff? 

Quote:I agree that we can't miss out on all of them, but we also won't sign all of them. Not sure how clear I made my point. We aren't signing all of the top FA's, but if we can get 2-3, it will be a successful FA period.

Agreed. No team ever signs every top player, but have to take what you can get.
Gus Bradley has the same agent as Suh and Cobb. If they can't stick the landing with those two with all that money they half [BLEEP] it. Everybody is going for McCourty so they'll have to money strong arm him away from teams.
I didn't know about the common agents. Based on all of the rumors, my guess is that Randall Cobb will be a Jaguar on Tuesday or Wednesday. Don't care if they overpay him as they need offensive playmakers to help out Bortles. Not so sure about Suh since he's been linked to Miami and their defensive line is already solid (if Marks and Miller regain their health) and it's highly likely they take a pass rusher with their first pick. Of course, I'd be thrilled with Suh since he's elite, but just don't think it will happen.

That [BLEEP] better not [BLEEP] this [BLEEP] up!
Quote:I didn't know about the common agents. Based on all of the rumors, my guess is that Randall Cobb will be a Jaguar on Tuesday or Wednesday. Don't care if they overpay him as they need offensive playmakers to help out Bortles. Not so sure about Suh since he's been linked to Miami and their defensive line is already solid (if Marks and Miller regain their health) and it's highly likely they take a pass rusher with their first pick. Of course, I'd be thrilled with Suh since he's elite, but just don't think it will happen.

What guarantee is there Marks recovers 100%?
Quote:Gus Bradley has the same agent as Suh and Cobb. If they can't stick the landing with those two with all that money they half [BAD WORD REMOVED] it. Everybody is going for McCourty so they'll have to money strong arm him away from teams.

Doug Marone too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4