Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cap Room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So now that the NFL salary cap will be $143.28 million in 2015. So the Jaguars $68.4 million in cap room and $84 million is both Poz and Lewis at cut. This puts us over any team in the league in terms of cash to spend. This means we will make a big splash in the free agency. 

I think Devin McCourty should be our number 1 target, Julius Thomas or Jordan Cameron being our number 2 target, and maybe adding Suh in the mix. Im not sure what the plans are but looks like we can sign some tier 1 players and can't wait to see how this all plays out.

#1 Bulaga

#2 McCourty

#3 Hudson

The rest do fill in signings at TE,OLB,DT and WR

Watch out for J.Thomas I am hearing bad things about him.

[Image: make-it-rain-guys.gif]

Suh, McCourty, Julius Thomas/Jordan Cameron, Doug Free or some other OT that can just play till we get one developed... Thats who I would like for them to go after. 

Mccourty

Suh

RT

WR/TE

[Image: 75215-breaking-bad-bed-of-money-gif-vdla.gif]

Now its time to spend it.
Poz is not getting cut, and I truly wish fans would stop suggesting as much. Lewis might be cut, but that's starting to sound doubtful as well.

Quote:Poz is not getting cut, and I truly wish fans would stop suggesting as much. Lewis might be cut, but that's starting to sound doubtful as well.

The hottest name linked to us is J. Thomas...if he is signed Lewis ain't going to be doubtful at all...
McCourty

Bulaga

Thomas - cut Mercedes
Quote:So now that the NFL salary cap will be $143.28 million in 2015. So the Jaguars $68.4 million in cap room and $84 million is both Poz and Lewis at cut. This puts us over any team in the league in terms of cash to spend. This means we will make a big splash in the free agency.

I think Devin McCourty should be our number 1 target, Julius Thomas or Jordan Cameron being our number 2 target, and maybe adding Suh in the mix. Im not sure what the plans are but looks like we can sign some tier 1 players and can't wait to see how this all plays out.
What it actually means is many of those big ticket players some of you think we should target won't be available because their current teams will be able to afford them.

Rest assured that Poz isn't going anywhere, and it's a strong possibility Lewis won't either.
Quote:What it actually means is many of those big ticket players some of you think we should target won't be available because their current teams will be able to afford them.

Rest assured that Poz isn't going anywhere, and it's a strong possibility Lewis won't either.

Most of them will hit the market, maybe McCourty will get a deal done since he really wants to be back. The players I listed with the exception of McCourty most likely will hit the market. Thomas won't be back in Denver and Suh will follow the money.
Quote:McCourty

Bulaga

Thomas - cut Mercedes
this, then draft Fowler in the 1st to play OTTO and Gurley in the 2nd
They need to cut slow [BLEEP] Poz. If the fans and gm want him around so much, make him the linebackers coach then. All the emotional attacthment some on here have for these players won't make this team better.
Why not address a lot of positions rather than blow a ton on maybe two big names? I want a top center and RT but seems like a lot of writers want us to nab Cobb and Julius with mega deals. I want those guys too but I don't want to offer anything ridiculous. Be competitive with the contracts but don't be stupid.
I think McCourty stays in New England. Why else would the Pats franchise a kicker unless they already had a deal in the works with McCourty?
How many of these top FA are going to use the Jags just to set the price and then go negotiate with another team that they really want to sign with?  I'm hoping but have a bad feeling the Jags may miss out some of these guys.

Quote:How many of these top FA are going to use the Jags just to set the price and then go negotiate with another team that they really want to sign with?  I'm hoping but have a bad feeling the Jags may miss out some of these guys.

Thats something to think about. But a lot of teams have money to spend so that could be the case but we must offer or structure the contract in a way no one else can really match it. Maybe the Raiders but I would rather come here.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't New England known for letting big name players walk, over the years, and replacing them in the draft?

Quote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't New England known for letting big name players walk, over the years, and replacing them in the draft?

They have definitely let a few quality players walk over the past decade when their rookie deals were up. 
Quote:They need to cut slow [BAD WORD REMOVED] Poz. If the fans and gm want him around so much, make him the linebackers coach then. All the emotional attacthment some on here have for these players won't make this team better.
I think Poz has been an excellent example of a 'team player', and he deserves all the accolades he has gotten. That being said, Poz has become too slow to keep up with other teams TE's. The results of this are well documented as we've been ripped over and over across the middle by teams with pass catching TE's; and yes, this is when Poz was healthy too.

Which raises another point; since he is now getting on towards the end of his career he is going to become more and more injury prone.

It is the nature of professional football to eventually, for the sake of the team, to have to part company with players as they become less productive. Poz is well liked, but in my opinion it's time to move on from him if we can find someone better or at least as good and younger. Until we do upgrade from Poz, we are going to continue to get ripped across the middle by crossing receivers.
Pages: 1 2 3