Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
To go along with the post about books, what are the types of movies y'all like to watch? I am all over the board on this one. My only exception is chick flicks or rom-coms. Those, for the most part, irritate the crap out of me. They're just stupid IMO.

Movies I've seen recently are Wild, American Sniper, Foxcatcher (freaking weird movie but it was good) and Gone Girl.

They were all pretty good. Gone Girl and Foxcatcher had me scratching my head and thinking about them for a couple of days. Wild make me think about my own life (though mine has not been nearly as interesting as hers) and am glad I didn't have to hike 1100 miles to figure stuff out. American Sniper I thought about quite a bit just as being thankful we have men like Chris Kyle who will do what he did, may he RIP.

All except Gone Girl are based on true stories. I seem to be in that phase right now.

Just saw gone girl a few nights ago crazy good movie.

Looking forward to seeing American sniper soon probably a date night coming up. But really it's all just an attempt to pass the hours until dec 15th.
What is Dec 15th? I feel like I should know the answer. Lol

Quote:What is Dec 15th? I feel like I should know the answer. Lol

Isn't the next Star Wars coming out then?
Quote:Isn't the next Star Wars coming out then?
Holy crap you're right! D'oh!  Wallbash
Quote:Holy crap you're right! D'oh!  Wallbash

I don't even want to know why I knew it was coming out then...:blink:
I didn't think Gone Girl was that good.
I thought American Sniper was pretty cool.  I also thought it was C. Eastwoods 3rd best war movie. 

I started Inherant Vice.  I love PTA.  Besides Punch Drunk Love, I love everything he's made.  I haven't finished his new one yet, but it's one of the most confusing movies.  It's very good though.

Fury was pretty sweet.  I liked it better the second time I saw it. 

Also I was just watching Only God Forgives.  It's pretty Artsy, but if you liked Drive, this movie kicks [BLEEP].

I want to see Birdman, Dear White People, Unbroken, Interview, and That Keannu movie.  I think it's John Wick or something.

I am fairly easy to please when it comes to movies. Not into sci-fi much at all though. I can do anything from chick flicks to action, horror, drama, based on real life stuff etc.

My wife and I are currently ready for the final part of the Hunger Games to come out later this year. We've both enjoyed the books and movies.

Quote:What is Dec 15th? I feel like I should know the answer. Lol

A holy day indeed
Quote:I didn't think Gone Girl was that good.

I wasn't expecting all the twist and turns I thought it was just another typical did he or didn't he and then they started changing it up. One of those movies that's only good once however once you know the twist it's spoiled.
I'm also waiting for interstellar to come out that looked really good
Quote:I'm also waiting for interstellar to come out that looked really good
Meh...
Quote:I'm also waiting for interstellar to come out that looked really good
It was really good... really good at helping me fall asleep.
I saw American Sniper this past weekend and I liked it. I don't understand all the hype though.

Other movies I've seen in the past few months include: Inherent Vice, Gone Girl, Interstellar, Nightcrawler, and John Wick.

Inherent Vice... I honestly had no idea what the hell was going on the entire movie, but I still liked it, if that makes any sense.

Gone Girl was pretty good. Not too crazy about the ending though.

Interstellar... made me fall asleep. Overrated.

Nightcrawler, with Jake Gyllenhaall, was AWESOME. Loved that movie. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those classics that never gets old no matter how many times you watch it.

John Wick, with Keanu Reeves, probably his best movie in ten years. Also loved it.

I 2nd nightcrawler.

I really liked American Sniper.

John Wick wasn't bad, but based on reviews I thought it would be better.
Oh and really liked Birdman.
Quote:Oh and really liked Birdman.
I kinda want to see that.
I also want to see Interstellar, John Wick and Nightcrawler. I haven't heard of Inherent Vice, will have to look that one up. 

Sometimes I see movies just because of who is in them. Sometimes because of the story. It depends.

I think Clint Eastwood is the [BLEEP] and my other favorite movie he's directed (and acted in) is Gran Torino. I just love that movie. It'll be a sad day when he passes off the scene. And I think Brad Cooper just was Chris Kyle in American Sniper. I didn't see Cooper at all in that role and that's what actors are supposed to do. That's what some of the hype for the movie has been about- his portrayal of Kyle.

Honestly, one of my favorite movies ever: Office Space.

Pages: 1 2 3 4