Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump Gag Orders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'm honestly curious about who's okay with this and who's not, as well as speculation as to why this is happening:

http://fortune.com/2017/01/24/trump-gag-order/

So far, the EPA, Health and Human Services, NASA, and the parks departments have created rogue social media accounts after being told they can't communicate with the public (which has been reported by a few sources).

Honestly, this is a little concerning to me.  Freeze the budgets until we can figure out a better spending model, sure, but some of this smacks of trying to control the media.

I'm not saying he's a dictator, but this is a pretty classic first move of dictatorships in training, it seems.

It's temporary and makes complete sense when trying to change or update policy. This is really nothing new for the White House to invoke. Obama controlled media releases quite regularly. The difference in this case, Trump is actually too transparent in his agenda and actions.

Quote:It's temporary and makes complete sense when trying to change or update policy. This is really nothing new for the White House to invoke. Obama controlled media releases quite regularly. The difference in this case, Trump is actually too transparent in his agenda and actions.

I really hope this is the case, and it is certainly a possibility.  The rogue social media accounts make it seem like the order was a little more permanent, though.  There have also been reports of scientific findings not being allowed to be released until approved by the Trump administration, which is a little unsettling.

Honestly, the fact that the administration and the media are saying two completely different things makes me very uneasy.  It's very easy to say that the media is out to get him, but I don't remember a time where there has been this much discrepancy between them.  It's like the media is reporting something and he's just saying, "No.  That's not true."  Very odd.

Quote:I really hope this is the case, and it is certainly a possibility.  The rogue social media accounts makes it seems like it was a little more permanent, though.  There have also been reports of scientific findings not being allowed to be released until approved by the Trump administration, which is a little unsettling.

Honestly, the fact that the administration and the media are saying two completely different things makes me very uneasy.  It's very easy to say that the media is out to get him, but I don't remember a time where there has been this much discrepancy between them.  It's like the media is reporting something and he's just saying, "No.  That's not true."  Very odd.
Scientists like myself are very concerned about the Trump administration. In my current residence we are planning to have an open discussion about everything that is happening. People are genuinely concerned about attempts to silence researchers and cut funding in areas that don't align with Trump's political agendas. 
Quote:Scientists like myself are very concerned about the Trump administration. In my current residence we are planning to have an open discussion about everything that is happening. People are genuinely concerned about attempts to silence researchers and cut funding in areas that don't align with Trump's political agendas. 

I'll be the part in bold is what you "scientists" are most concerned about.
I trust every single thing Trump is doing. That is why I voted for him. I voted for someone I liked, not against someone I didn't like.

Taxpayers like myself are very concerned about our funds being used by partisans within the scientific community to bolster false narratives about the world around us. I'm sure those lefties can find adequate funding from somewhere else if their research is worth anything.
Quote:I trust every single thing Trump is doing. That is why I voted for him. I voted for someone I liked, not against someone I didn't like.
IN GENE WE TRUST

Quote:I'll be the part in bold is what you "scientists" are most concerned about.

Have you ever drafted a grant, wrote a proposal, published in a peer reviewed journal etc etc? Do you even know what one looks like? Getting a project funded is not easy, period. The odds are heavily skewed to your project being rejected, unless you have a very novel idea. How much of your life can you attribute to science, and the research we dedicate our lives to? What did you decide to dedicate your life to? Oh, talking on a message board about a crappy football team.
Quote:Taxpayers like myself are very concerned about our funds being used by partisans within the scientific community to bolster false narratives about the world around us. I'm sure those lefties can find adequate funding from somewhere else if their research is worth anything.

False narratives such as?
Quote:Scientists like myself are very concerned about the Trump administration. In my current residence we are planning to have an open discussion about everything that is happening. People are genuinely concerned about attempts to silence researchers and cut funding in areas that don't align with Trump's political agendas. 

What the [BLEEP] do you think has been happening under 0bama?!?!?!

PRECISELY THAT!  Scientists voices silenced and people FIRED.

Many scientists are relieved the partisanship and politics are OVER now, and that they can finally be heard.
Quote:What the [BAD WORD REMOVED] do you think has been happening under 0bama?!?!?!

PRECISELY THAT! Scientists voices silenced and people FIRED.

Many scientists are relieved the partisanship and politics are OVER now, and that they can finally be heard.
Nobody I know said anything about being silenced under Obama. Obama actually respected scientists. I also have no idea what scientists told you that lie.
Quote:Nobody I know said anything about being silenced under Obama. Obama actually respected scientists.

You and your colleagues are partisan, that's the only "respect" he had for you.

I chuckle at you considering yourself a "scientist" as well.
Nevermind. 
Quote:Nobody I know said anything about being silenced under Obama. Obama actually respected scientists. I also have no idea what scientists told you that lie.
You know Jerry Coyne right?
Quote:You and your colleagues are partisan, that's the only "respect" he had for you.

I chuckle at you considering yourself a "scientist" as well.

How exactly are we partisan? Is it because the data we produce doesn't align with conservatism?

Human induced Climate Change - Real

Age of Earth is 4.6 byo not 3000 years

CFCs destroy Stratospheric Ozone

Air Pollution increases risk of Asthma

Smoking Tobacco increases risk of Lung Cancer

DDT thins shells of Bald Eagles

The world is round not flat

Earth is not the center of the universe

I could literally go on and on. You right wingers are no different than the religious zeolots who tried to persecute scientists and thinkers because their ideas didn't align with a holy book. There is literally no difference.

Quote:Respectable scientists

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2016/12/31/skeptical_climate_scientists_coming_in_from_the_cold.html'>http://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2016/12/31/skeptical_climate_scientists_coming_in_from_the_cold.html</a>

Confirmation bias.
Quote:How exactly are we partisan? Is it because the data we produce doesn't align with conservativitism?

Human induced Climate Change - Real

Age of Earth is 4.6 byo not 3000 years

CFCs destroy Stratospheric Ozone

Air Pollution increases risk of Asthma

Smoking Tobacco increases risk of Lung Cancer

DDT thins shells of Bald Eagles

The world is round not flat

Earth is not the center of the universe

I could literally go on and on. You right wingers are no different than the religious zeolots who tried to persecute scientists and thinkers because their ideas didn't align with a holy book. There is literally no difference.

Because they change the data to conform to pre-set conclusions.  That's not science.  It's pure fabrication.

Again, your politics are driving your false "results" on man made climate change.

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/data...ushcngiss/

If you were intelligent and a true scientist, you wouldn't be singing your partisan tune.  You would not be ignoring the evidence of fraud.
When one of the worlds most respected physicists Niel deGrasse Tyson says stuff like this there is a problem.

"I dream of a world where the truth is what shapes people's politics, rather than politics shaping what people think is true."

https://mobile.twitter.com/neiltyson/sta...gr%5Etweet
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5