Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Military Perception of The President
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
An interesting look at how the USMC reacts between two Presidents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZlmap4gxes

Not too surprising after a recent poll.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/22/politics/o...al-rating/

Quote:An interesting look at how the USMC reacts between two Presidents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZlmap4gxes

Not too surprising after a recent poll.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/22/politics/o...al-rating/
I know that on the professionalsoldiers.com forum (a forum for members of the Green Berets and other SOF's) they purposefully shut down their forum for two days in order to express their outrage over Obama's re-election.
Real Americans agree.

This thread isn't meant to "bash" a certain President or express a particular point-of-view.  It's more of a "case study" to look at how American Soldiers look at their Leader.

I happen to work closely with military and government personnel on a daily basis.  Much of the "off the record" comments reflect what the video shows.  Being a Veteran myself, I personally can identify with the current feeling towards our current "leader".

George Bush (43) like him or not was warmly accepted by the military that he commanded.  Bill Clinton, again like him or not was also warmly accepted by the same military (although different personnel).  Why is the current COC so disliked by the military (and government personnel in general)?

Me personally, I feel that the current COC is weak.  I believe that when he decided to run for President he did not know what kind of "real world" challenges he would have to face.  He has no real experience being a LEADER and it's too much for him to grasp or overcome.  I believe that he ran for the Office for the "perks" more so than the actual job.  I personally think that he doesn't understand the actual duties and responsibilities that go along with the "perks".

Just "food for thought" when we get into the season for electing the new COC.  Perhaps the "popular choice" is not necessarily the best choice.

Quote:Real Americans agree.

No damn eye roll emoticon when you need it on iphone.
I think he is/was also an idealist and that can get you in a heap of trouble. The idea of a thing is often far different than the reality.

A weak CIC, no matter their party affiliation, is bad news for the military. Period. Leaders lead by example and when you have weak leadership it puts the whole of the military in jeopardy, and in turn the country. 

No one I've ever worked with likes him, including myself.  The worst Commander and Chief.  Freezes our pay, and we worry daily if we are getting the axe because they want to force shape us.  We finally got a 1% raise this year, while the politicians are trying to lobby for 3.5% for themselves.  I can go on and on with this crap.  A friend of mine got his discharge paperwork while deployed!   Wallbash

Quote:Real Americans agree.
I wish I knew what a "real American" was. 
Quote:I wish I knew what a "real American" was. 

Gotcha Brah...

[Image: Hulk-Hogan-630x315.jpg]

Knowing is half the battle!

[Image: knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg]

Quote:This thread isn't meant to "bash" a certain President or express a particular point-of-view.  It's more of a "case study" to look at how American Soldiers look at their Leader.

I happen to work closely with military and government personnel on a daily basis.  Much of the "off the record" comments reflect what the video shows.  Being a Veteran myself, I personally can identify with the current feeling towards our current "leader".

George Bush (43) like him or not was warmly accepted by the military that he commanded.  Bill Clinton, again like him or not was also warmly accepted by the same military (although different personnel).  Why is the current COC so disliked by the military (and government personnel in general)?

Me personally, I feel that the current COC is weak.  I believe that when he decided to run for President he did not know what kind of "real world" challenges he would have to face.  He has no real experience being a LEADER and it's too much for him to grasp or overcome.  I believe that he ran for the Office for the "perks" more so than the actual job.  I personally think that he doesn't understand the actual duties and responsibilities that go along with the "perks".

Just "food for thought" when we get into the season for electing the new COC.  Perhaps the "popular choice" is not necessarily the best choice.
I know some military commanders were upset with Clinton for closing down a lot of military bases in the 90's, but then again, the Cold War was already over and there wasn't really any need to keep a couple bases open when we still have 100+ still open today. If you ask me, every President since Eisenhower (with the lone exception of Reagan) has been in it for the "perks". I understand that it's against the UCMJ to act political, but every military person that I've talked to has an extremely negative opinion of Obama.

I've understood that the "popular choice" is not the "best choice" for a long time now. It should be common sense to most Americans now but alas, many Americans lack common sense... There is a HUGE amount of military support for Ron Paul. The big reason being that he actually served in Vietnam and understands what leadership is all about.
Quote:Gotcha Brah...

Dem Pythons Doe

Some psychiatrists have stated that Obama, along with many of the social elite; suffer from NPD. Or "Narcissistic Personality Disorder".

http://www.texasfred.net/archives/24514

Quote:Some psychiatrists have stated that Obama, along with many of the social elite; suffer from NPD. Or "Narcissistic Personality Disorder".

http://www.texasfred.net/archives/24514
Most US politicians probably suffer from NPD. Some are just better at hiding it.
As a Veteran I dislike the current POTUS...I dislike him as an American Citizen as well...He keeps cutting the Veteran benefits to the point that the VA can't even take care of soldiers discharged due to injuries suffered during battle...He very rarely even salutes the soldiers when he walks past them getting of AF1 or M1... There were some pictures ( I guess they aren't called pictures anymore, they are called images) circulating showing a Marine standing arms length from him holding his umbrella during a rain storm while he held a press conference or something, while the other foreign leader held his own...Then there were images of other past POTUS holding their own umbrellas during press conferences and such... It's this kind of behaivior that gets under the skin of military personell past and present...Not to mention the cutting of the benefits on a regular basis while POTUS and congress increase their benefits and/or wages every single year...The current POTUS doesn't even hold his hand over his heart while the national anthem is being played, has an Islamic flag in the Oval Office, and shows very little respect for the military personell...

There is ONE thing that I respect that he has done, and that is sending the SPEC-OPS into Packistan to get Bin Laden without discussing the issue or even telling them our military was entering their country on a covert mission...That very well could have been career sucide...It took a lot of balls to make that decision and I can respect him for giving the order to go, other than that, I really don't have much good to say... 

Quote:Gotcha Brah...

Still laughing. That's awesome. Loved me some gi Joe and hulk growing up.

Quote:There is ONE thing that I respect that he has done, and that is sending the SPEC-OPS into Packistan to get Bin Laden without discussing the issue or even telling them our military was entering their country on a covert mission...That very well could have been career sucide...It took a lot of balls to make that decision and I can respect him for giving the order to go, other than that, I really don't have much good to say... 
Yeah, but look at who took all of the credit for that raid...it certainly wasn't DEVGRU. A lot of special ops guys on many of the forums said that the raid wasn't really all that daring. And that even an infantry unit could have pulled it off with similar success.
Quote:Yeah, but look at who took all of the credit for that raid...it certainly wasn't DEVGRU. A lot of special ops guys on many of the forums said that the raid wasn't really all that daring. And that even an infantry unit could have pulled it off with similar success.
The decision to make the raid was what I respect because it could have been career sucide... i'm certain there are many different entities that could have made the raid but the end result is the same...we got em
Quote:As a Veteran I dislike the current POTUS...I dislike him as an American Citizen as well...He keeps cutting the Veteran benefits to the point that the VA can't even take care of soldiers discharged due to injuries suffered during battle...He very rarely even salutes the soldiers when he walks past them getting of AF1 or M1... There were some pictures ( I guess they aren't called pictures anymore, they are called images) circulating showing a Marine standing arms length from him holding his umbrella during a rain storm while he held a press conference or something, while the other foreign leader held his own...Then there were images of other past POTUS holding their own umbrellas during press conferences and such... It's this kind of behaivior that gets under the skin of military personell past and present...Not to mention the cutting of the benefits on a regular basis while POTUS and congress increase their benefits and/or wages every single year...The current POTUS doesn't even hold his hand over his heart while the national anthem is being played, has an Islamic flag in the Oval Office, and shows very little respect for the military personell...

There is ONE thing that I respect that he has done, and that is sending the SPEC-OPS into Packistan to get Bin Laden without discussing the issue or even telling them our military was entering their country on a covert mission...That very well could have been career sucide...It took a lot of balls to make that decision and I can respect him for giving the order to go, other than that, I really don't have much good to say...

Agreed sir. You are correct about the benefits. He's cutting it so much, and it has negative affects with military and their families. However, it's cool that we spend billions on illegals.

Quote:Most US politicians probably suffer from NPD. Some are just better at hiding it.
And not just politicians either. That's why I used the term "social elite" as studies have shown that many people that are employed in high leadership positions, or who posses significant fame or talent also share NPD symptoms.

And another study proved that every 1 out of 22 CEO's is a psychopath. http://www.forbes.com/sites/victorlipman...eadership/
Quote:Agreed sir. You are correct about the benefits. He's cutting it so much, and it has negative affects with military and their families. However, it's cool that we spend billions on illegals. and long expensive vacations for the current POTUS ever few months, and a lavish lifestyle in the whitehouse, and the highest white house food buget ever as the first family is rumored to eat only expensive dinners
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8