Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Evidently gay marriage in FL now legal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I guess the end times are upon us. Good bye sanctity of marriage, hello [BLEEP] with cats and dogs. Or something. Anyways, be scared!
Quote:I guess the end times are upon us. Good bye sanctity of marriage, hello [BLEEP] with cats and dogs. Or something. Anyways, be scared!
HAHA.  I don't know why this made me laugh.
Duval doesn't do it, nor does Escambia county I believe.  The courthouses stopped issuing marriage licenses.  I believe for this very reason.

Quote:Duval doesn't do it, nor does Escambia county I believe.  The courthouses stopped issuing marriage licenses.  I believe for this very reason.

Duval does issue marriage licenses to same sex couples. What Duval doesn't do anymore is allow courthouse weddings.

It's likely that will eventually change, though, as those with hate embroiled hearts are eventually left by the wayside of history.
Good for FL, even though the decision had to be forced upon them by federal courts. Soon enough, the bigots who want to keep living in the 1950s will fall by the wayside, remembered by history in the same breath as those who fought for segregation to the end.

What?!?!?! I'm outraged! What's next? Beastiality?
Quote:Duval doesn't do it, nor does Escambia county I believe.  The courthouses stopped issuing marriage licenses.  I believe for this very reason.

Yeah, that's really dumb, to penalize everyone just because you don't want to perform a gay wedding.  
Just 14 states outlaw gay marriage now.  It's possible by 2016 that gay marriage will be allowed in all 50 states.  

Quote:What?!?!?! I'm outraged! What's next? [BAD WORD REMOVED]?
If you really were that outraged you'd be over on the Fox 30 comment section with a "Don't tread on me" signature.
Quote:Just 14 states outlaw gay marriage now.  It's possible by 2016 that gay marriage will be allowed in all 50 states.  

It's quite likely.

The supreme court is set to make another ruling on it this year, and all of the momentum coming from the high court is clearly with marriage equality.
Next up, accepting Pedophiles because that's how they were made.

Just my $0.02.

I couldn't care less really but, to force churches and such to preform the ceremonies is outrageous.  

Quote:Next up, accepting Pedophiles because that's how they were made.

Just my $0.02.

I couldn't care less really but, to force churches and such to preform the ceremonies is outrageous.  
Hyperbole.

Also, Court houses issuing marriage licenses are not churches performing weddings. 

no problem with it all, so long as it remains an individual choice. 

I have a problem when they pass anti-discrimination laws making sexual preference a protected minority. That's a different issue, but as for allowing consenting adults to get married I'm all for it. 

Just my $0.02.

That's not the case right now, the only way that becomes an issue is if they pass anti-discrimination laws regarding Sexual Preference which would make it a protected minority class. At that point I'd have to agree with you. What we have now is just simply acknowledgement government has no authority dictating consenting adults entering a union.

Just my $0.02.

Darn right.  Forcing those priests to perform gay weddings would take away their time from [fill in your own joke here]. 
Quote:That's not the case right now, the only way that becomes an issue is if they pass anti-discrimination laws regarding Sexual Preference which would make it a protected minority class. At that point I'd have to agree with you. What we have now is just simply acknowledgement government has no authority dictating consenting adults entering a union.
It's also a classic case of slippery slope fallacy. Same sex marriage has absolutely zero bearing on the acceptance or non-acceptance of pedophilia. 

Just my $0.02.

I forgot, pedophiles! It's a great argument. Two consenting adults is the same thing as an adult taking advantage of a minor. Really, really good comparison hard eight.
Quote:Darn right. Forcing those priests to perform gay weddings would take away their time from [fill in your own joke here].

It just isn't fair is it?

Just my $0.02.

What will the pedophile run churches think about this outrage. 
Are you saying gays can get married, and it has zero baring on my day to day...astounding. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6