Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles Progression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Although Bortles hasn't had his "break out" game yet, you can tell this dude is getting better. Extending the plays, making big rushes, doesnt let the pressure phase him, and he is limiting his turn overs.

Love Bortles, and I think when he isn't getting planted because of the Oline, he's going to kill defenses.
Quote:Although Bortles hasn't had his "break out" game yet, you can tell this dude is getting better. Extending the plays, making big rushes, doesnt let the pressure phase him, and he is limiting his turn overs.

Love Bortles, and I think when he isn't getting planted because of the Oline, he's going to kill defenses.

It'll be nice to see him have chances to go down field again.
Much better today even without the big passing numbers one of his better games yet
He's doing a good job of getting the most out of what he has.

I think Lee is starting to come around. Bortles needs someone to count on and get some confidence. The O-line was just awful at times throughout the games but when the protection is there he has to trust his practice and I think he has strayed from his game since he was put into the line-up but he's a rookie and also banged up. We'll be a different kind of offense next season.

He isn't making dumb mistakes anymore. 2 pick in 4 games as opposed to 16 in what was it? 11 games
Second game of his career with no turnovers  Smile

50 yards on 5 runs with an injured foot

Never needed to call timeout in the second half

Yep, I would say he is improving.

Definitely looked good at the end of the first half and after. I'd like to see a full game put together by him though. He's earned his spot to show his progress next year though.
Quote:He isn't making dumb mistakes anymore. 2 pick in 4 games as opposed to 16 in what was it? 11 games
Exactly. Even against the Ravens his INT was on 4th down in a desperate situation.
Pff just as important, LEWIS CAUGHT A FREAKING BALL FOR A TD

Quote:Pff just as important, LEWIS CAUGHT A FREAKING BALL FOR A TD

Lewis, shorts, and Sanders. Good as gone. No more dropped passes on 3rd down.
Quote:He isn't making dumb mistakes anymore. 2 pick in 4 games as opposed to 16 in what was it? 11 games

And the interception in Baltimore was no worse than a punt.
Blake's about to come on post game!!

Quote:Lewis, shorts, and Sanders. Good as gone. No more dropped passes on 3rd down.

I sure hope so. They're useless.
Quote:Blake's about to come on post game!!

That's why I'm still watching NFL network
Quote:I sure hope so. They're useless.

NO doubt. They are drive killers.
When BB bootlegs, are guys not getting open or is he not seeing them?
No protection and no WR seperation, gonna have to wait until next season to get a good gauge on him.  Or we could all sit around here and blame play calling...

If I had to guess, I would say that limiting turnovers was step 1. However, in order to do this, the OC pretty much had to curb BB into being something he isn't for a bit. Now, we're seeing the reigns slowly be lifted now that he seems to have picked up what not to throw and he is playing more and more like the player he's going to become.

I just got a text from one of my best friends who also watched this game (one of those Ravens fans I mentioned in another thread) and all it said was: "Something's cooking in Jax, son...and it smells mighty good!"
Can we imagine Bortles with better line play and a cleaning up of his mechanics? Boselli was on the Rich Eisen show earlier and hit the nail on the head. Bortles has everything you can't coach, we just need him to get better at those things than can be coached
Pages: 1 2 3 4