Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We got better today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just kidding. We didn't.

We didn't score a single TD, didn't get a single sack, almost gave up double digits in sacks, and the worst, the worst???? We ran Toby to the outside MULTIPLE TIMES. Yes, multiple times. This is unforgivable.

It gets worse. We gained zero ground in draft position because everybody else that is as bad as us lost as well.

#becausejaguars

THAT WILL BE A GUS QUOTE

"We were encouraged by a lot of positives, but we gotta get better, we gotta get better"
But Bradley is doing well with this defense. He can't help they don't catch the balk protect the rookie QB. More sprinkles for your ice cream?

Fire the coaching staff tonight khan!
It's not about wins and losses! It's about being the best you that you can be! If you give your full effort everyone's gonna respect that, man.
I expected to get destroyed so it wasn't a terrible result. The offensive play calling is bizarre and Bortles scares me because he never throws the ball away.

The D did well stuffing the run for the most part too.

Quote:I expected to get destroyed so it wasn't a terrible result. The offensive play calling is bizarre and Bortles scares me because he never throws the ball away.

He has a lot of Big Ben in him. Doesn't want to give up on a play. Lot to be said about that. I think once he has decent protection, people will be amazed.
meh, we suck, but we played better than expected against a top tier team. 

O-Line is clearly the outlier and it needs to be addressed. 

Fisch always has a solid game plan for the first 8 plays, then it goes to hell 

Bortles needs a reliable veteran threat

Bortles needs to run with the ball more

It can get worse - we can beat the Tacks and finish 3-13.  

Best thing we can do is lose and force the Tacks to get ahead of us to draft a QB, or we trade back and get extra picks.  Either way will work. 

The 2nd half performance of the offence has been inexcusable this year.

Our guys played great today!  We did some good things today!  I'm so excited for people man!  The Jag-Wires are getting better.

-Gus Bradley

I don't need to listen to the post game.  That's the quick version.

All those negatives and the team still came within a score. There's talent there, but the coaching is falling short. Very short.

Quote:I expected to get destroyed so it wasn't a terrible result. The offensive play calling is bizarre and Bortles scares me because he never throws the ball away.

I honestly believe BBC doesn't do that because this team sucks so bad, he feels if he doesn't try to make a play, it won't happen. Blake deserves better than this crap.
Quote:Our guys played great today!  We did some good things today!  I'm so excited for people man!  The Jag-Wires are getting better.

-Gus Bradley

I don't need to listen to the post game.  That's the quick version.

Do you think he's always so naturally positive? Do you think there are times, late at night, either in his office, or in the bathroom adjoining his bedroom, where he sits down and weeps silently in the darkness? 
We'll win next week and make our draft postion terrible and then wonder why another team has Mariota
Quote:We'll win next week and make our draft postion terrible and then wonder why another team has Mariota

Yes, we hand another division rival their franchise QB.
Quote:meh, we suck, but we played better than expected against a top tier team. 

O-Line is clearly the outlier and it needs to be addressed. 

Fisch always has a solid game plan for the first 8 plays, then it goes to hell 

Bortles needs a reliable veteran threat

Bortles needs to run with the ball more

O line was suffering today, 8 sacks is ugly.  Seriously need some tackle and center improvement.   

Was it me or did Gerhart actually play half way decent?
What can we say?... We suck again!

On a side note; the theme of the whole season just got repeated again today with the jag's going out and being competitive for 1/2 of a game. I will also say that observing Gus on the sideline during this game left me with the impression of a coach who is in over his head. I'm not suggesting that he should be fired.... no; but I am saying that he didn't look very.... confident/competent on the sideline today.

and I'm really tired of seeing our defenders (secondary) 'whiff' on tackles. Y'all know what I'm talking about...

Blake did indeed make some nice throws today, but his bad throws are 'really' bad. I'm concerned...

Quote:We'll win next week and make our draft postion terrible and then wonder why another team has Mariota

I'm not sold on Mariota myself.  Hopefully some other team is though so we can trade back and stockpile picks.  
No need for a sarcasm font, you were unintentionally correct. The Jaguars showed improvement today. If you expected more from this offense against the Ravens defense, especially the pass rush, you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5