Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: John Oesher believes there's a "good chance" Justin Blackmon plays in 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
From rotoworld via Jaguars.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7402...n-blackmon

I think most of us assumed this, but it's great news regardless. Blackmon teamed up with Allen Robinson and Marqise Lee would be one of the better young receiving trios in the league, similar to when the Steelers had Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, and Emmanuel Sanders. Our offense has a chance to be special if the QB takes a major step next year, i have all the confidence in the world he will.

I'm hoping that we get a DE/Leo in the first but I'd spend a 2nd or 3rd and free agency money on linemen. We give Blake time to toss it to any of these three and we are looking at a completely different offensive team next year
Blackmon/Cooper sounds pretty sweet

Quote:I'm hoping that we get a DE/Leo in the first but I'd spend a 2nd or 3rd and free agency money on linemen. We give Blake time to toss it to any of these three and we are looking at a completely different offensive team next year

I think the Jaguars will bring in a RT via FA, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in a center as well (Bowanko has been solid but i you can find an upgrade do it), if we can solidify the offensive line next year I think the Jags are a team that can potentially go from worst to first.

Quote:I'm hoping that we get a DE/Leo in the first but I'd spend a 2nd or 3rd and free agency money on linemen. We give Blake time to toss it to any of these three and we are looking at a completely different offensive team next year
i know clemons is gettin old, but i think that is one of our strong points with branch developing nicely behind him... i wouldn't want to waste a 1st on something we already have, maybe thats just me... we need o lineman for sure... not sure what the TE pool looks like, it may be me FSU bias, but i would love to see O'leary here... IMO protection/weapons for blake should be our main priority in this offseason.

I'm a huge Blackmon supporter and wanted him on the Jags since his Sophomore year but even I am starting to think he may never be back  Confusedweat:

I really, really hope it happens but I will not be betting on it

Quote:Blackmon/Cooper sounds pretty sweet
Nope.

The guy I really want is Dorial Green-Beckham, he's a complete idiot though.
What does "good chance" he plays relate to in terms of odds he plays?

Good should mean more then a 50% chance if you ask me.

with lee/robinson/shorts/hurns on top of that... we would be soo deep at wr.
Quote:i know clemons is gettin old, but i think that one of our strong points with branch developing nicely behind him... i wouldn't want to waste a 1st on something we already have, maybe thats just me... we need o lineman for sure... not sure what the TE pool looks like, it may be me FSU bias, but i would love to see O'leary here... IMO protection/weapons for blake should be our main priority in this offseason.

It's a bad year for tight ends, there aren't too many of them in this years draft. I'm assuming the Jags make an attempt to sign Julius Thomas/Jordan Cameron/Charles Clay if any of those players make it to FA.
Quote:with lee/robinson/shorts/hurns on top of that... we would be soo deep at wr.

Sounds sweet, not going to happen though. This line needs addressed and badly, secondary as well.. 
Quote:with lee/robinson/shorts/hurns on top of that... we would be soo deep at wr.

I don't think Shorts will be here, Blackmon, Robinson, and Lee is a scary trio if the latter two take a step forward. There isn't a team in the league that has 3 corners that can matchup with those players. We'd see a lot of zone coverage which opens up the running game.

Quote:Sounds sweet, not going to happen though. This line needs addressed and badly, secondary as well.. 

The only positions on the line I feel the Jaguars will address is RT and possibly C, they have too many resources invested in Luke Joeckel and Zane Beadles, Brandon Linder has been their best offensive lineman by far. I suppose I could see the Jags cutting bait with Zane (if the cap hit isn't significant) and signing a guy like Mike Iupati if it makes it to FA.

Quote:i know clemons is gettin old, but i think that is one of our strong points with branch developing nicely behind him... i wouldn't want to waste a 1st on something we already have, maybe thats just me... we need o lineman for sure... not sure what the TE pool looks like, it may be me FSU bias, but i would love to see O'leary here... IMO protection/weapons for blake should be our main priority in this offseason.

I hear ta, but tell me Branch/Gregory doesn't sound absolutely formidable, with Marks and Miller in the Middle. How's O'Leary as a blocker? He looks like an old school guy who is willing to get his hands dirty in the run game
Quote:I don't think Shorts will be here, Blackmon, Robinson, and Lee is a scary trio if the latter two take a step forward. There isn't a team in the league that has 3 corners that can matchup with those players. We'd see a lot of zone coverage which opens up the running game.
i think hurns will develop nicely as well.. if we have robinson and JB as our possession/big body WR's, i think we will be scary in the redzone and it will prolly fix our problem facing 3rd and long all the time... we willl have more weapons for them to cover on the outside which, in theory, will get the box a little less congested. opening up more possibilities for the read options, Drob, and more short passes over the middle... even without JB i think we will be stronger next year, but with him, i really think we have a shot to turn things around drastically.

I just... don't see it as anything other than a luxury. He's no Sammy Watkins (as a draft prospect) and even Sammy Watkins wouldn't make this team better like a RT/DE could. This whole game is about the QB, and we have guys to catch it from him in Lee, Shorts, Hurns, Blackmon, and Robinson. We need guys who can either protect or affect the QB.

there will be some controversy with me saying this bu I think Blackmon and Sophomore year Lee were better NFL prospects and college players
Like everyone else, I certainly hope Blackmon comes back and can be a good receiver for the Jags.

But as for Oehser, I would caution that he also beat the drum about Gene Smith building the team the right way and Mularkey and co. being a great staff with big resumes to lead the team forward.

I'm just sayin'!  (He does receive Teal checks) :whistling:

Quote:I hear ta, but tell me Branch/Gregory doesn't sound absolutely formidable, with Marks and Miller in the Middle. How's O'Leary as a blocker? He looks like an old school guy who is willing to get his hands dirty in the run game
Hell yeah, our D line would be dangerous... i do think we are going to miss bryant and clemons when they go regardless of who we get... i think it's ryan davis who hasnt been looking bad in the later portion of this season either.

O'leary isnt a bad run and pass blocker, but Lewis is one of the better blocking TE's in the league so i think who ever we get, will see a little drop off as far a blocking from the TE position. i really only have two qualms with O'leary. first is the fact he takes pretty big hits over the middle, alot of it was play calling, but i've seen that guy get absolutely plastered over the middle more than once. second, might be stupid, but i hate when someone who is receiving the ball doesn't wear gloves.. there is a reason almost every guy who receives passes or handles the ball wears gloves-THEY WORK lol.... once he gets to the NFL he will need them to hang on to the rock with all the strips drills DB's runs, let alone just catch in traffic.
Pages: 1 2 3