Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: VIDEO: Meet The New Minimum Wage Workers – Amazing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

VIDEO: Meet The New Minimum Wage Workers – Amazing!

As labor cost skyrocket companies are forced to look to new solutions to replace their labor force. Meet the new FANUC Four Axis Robots, just one of many replacements for the high-cost of labor in cities like Seattle.

http://viral.buzz/video-meet-the-new-min...s-amazing/

It's all good now until they see the 'Made in Mexico' stickers on the machines, then they'll be deported..

So... who's going to buy their products when nobody has jobs because the jobs have been taken by robots, and people can't afford to buy the stuff?

I guess... everyone will just be on welfare.  

Quote:So... who's going to buy their products when nobody has jobs because the jobs have been taken by robots, and people can't afford to buy the stuff?

Obviously you don't understand how economics work. The invisible hand of the free market will solve that problem, just show a little faith.
[Image: replacement.png]

Quote:I guess... everyone will just be on welfare.  
[Image: ef68c3f5c044c18d956c152b6a2d675e08e33809...17803d.jpg]

Quote:Obviously you don't understand how economics work. The invisible hand of the free market will solve that problem, just show a little faith.

Haha the Free Markets not to blame here! It's your beloved Government regulations and laws requiring pay beyond the value of the work completed, guess what damn straight companies are going to find ways to reduce production cost that directly effects their bottom line.

It's what I've told you all along, when you push an industry to pay more then the value they've assigned to a task they simply eliminate the need for that task to be completed. Instead of having 100 workers making $10 an hour in a factory they'll invest in machines to replace the remedial labor, this is skilled work your talking about.

As technology advances the non-skilled worker is going to have a harder and harder time finding work, that's why pushing for minimum wages for non-skilled workers (the only work that pays minimum wage is non-skilled work) is counter productive, companies will just eliminate those jobs.
Quote:So... who's going to buy their products when nobody has jobs because the jobs have been taken by robots, and people can't afford to buy the stuff?

Robots are not replacing skilled work their replacing assembly lines and cashiers. It wouldn't be an issue without unions and government demanding the low skilled work be paid higher skilled wages.
Quote:Haha the Free Markets not to blame here! It's your beloved Government regulations and laws requiring pay beyond the value of the work completed, guess what damn straight companies are going to find ways to reduce production cost that directly effects their bottom line.

It's what I've told you all along, when you push an industry to pay more then the value they've assigned to a task they simply eliminate the need for that task to be completed. Instead of having 100 workers making $10 an hour in a factory they'll invest in machines to replace the remedial labor, this is skilled work your talking about.

As technology advances the non-skilled worker is going to have a harder and harder time finding work, that's why pushing for minimum wages for non-skilled workers (the only work that pays minimum wage is non-skilled work) is counter productive, companies will just eliminate those jobs.

It's called "The Pimp Slap of the Invisible Hand."
Quote:Haha the Free Markets not to blame here! It's your beloved Government regulations and laws requiring pay beyond the value of the work completed, guess what damn straight companies are going to find ways to reduce production cost that directly effects their bottom line.

Eh.... This was bound to happen regardless of minimum wage going up. Plenty of chain restaurants already have table side ordering and payment. Only interaction with waitress is for delivery and refills. I'm pretty sure a Chili's in St. Augustine has this... 

Companies will find any way possible to pay as little as possible to pad the bottom line and that includes getting rid of employees in favor of computer terminals. This was inevitable and will continue to happen even if living wages are not granted. 
Quote:Eh.... This was bound to happen regardless of minimum wage going up. Plenty of chain restaurants already have table side ordering and payment. Only interaction with waitress is for delivery and refills. I'm pretty sure a Chili's in St. Augustine has this... 

Companies will find any way possible to pay as little as possible to pad the bottom line and that includes getting rid of employees in favor of computer terminals. This was inevitable and will continue to happen even if living wages are not granted. 

Yep, machines don't call in sick and rarely cause customer service issues. They also don't take too many smoke breaks or steal liquor from the bar.
Quote:Yep, machines don't call in sick and rarely cause customer service issues. They also don't take too many smoke breaks or steal liquor from the bar.

I call those "perks"
Quote:Yep, machines don't call in sick and rarely cause customer service issues. They also don't take too many smoke breaks or steal liquor from the bar.
More efficient/reliable for menial tasks for sure but in the end the reason is they cost less.... Even by decades old compensation. It's as simple as that. 

So true.

The solution is for the majority of jobs to pay so little that the people can't afford to work those jobs.

Like I said, Free Market will take care of this.
Quote:More efficient/reliable for menial tasks for sure but in the end the reason is they cost less.... Even by decades old compensation. It's as simple as that. 

Every one of those items contributes to increased cost when done by an employee. I was almost 20% over my budget for FY2014 because of the additional costs associated with substitution, malingering and employee theft. The costs of bad employee behavior can far outpace any saving in real wages.

Except your wrong. They were coming out with this technology before the raise minimum wage train went into full gear. Technology is coming now matter what they do with minimum wage.
Quote:Every one of those items contributes to increased cost when done by an employee. I was almost 20% over my budget for FY2014 because of the additional costs associated with substitution, malingering and employee theft. The costs of bad employee behavior can far outpace any saving in real wages.
Sure they can, I don't disagree with that. I am just saying an upfront costs of a few grand to install systems like this and never have to pay even model employees a single penny becomes pure profit very soon. It's a numbers game and one I believe was and is going to be implemented in many more workplaces regardless of wages. 
Quote:So true.

The solution is for the majority of jobs to pay so little that the people can't afford to work those jobs.

Like I said, Free Market will take care of this.

Not at all what I or anyone else has said, the jobs will always pay what the value the employer puts on the task. When that balance is disrupted the job ceases to exist.
Quote:Except your wrong. They were coming out with this technology before the raise minimum wage train went into full gear. Technology is coming now matter what they do with minimum wage.

Sure but you're naive if you don't think the push for $15 minimum wage to remedial work isn't accelerating the process. These machines are not cheap and without cost, but when you factor in the higher labor cost (higher then the employers value of the task) added to the cost of providing fringe benefits (thanks to obamacare) it's a no brainier to eliminate as much of their workforce as possible.
Quote:Not at all what I or anyone else has said, the jobs will always pay what the value the employer puts on the task. When that balance is disrupted the job ceases to exist.

Sure it's not what you said, it's what is part of the locus of your position.
Quote:Sure it's not what you said, it's what is part of the locus of your position.

You're trying to find a solution to a problem that has no solution.

There is no solution to poverty, there is no fixing poor. No law, no regulation, no social contract is ever going to fix poverty and low paying jobs.
Pages: 1 2 3