Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus is going nowhere
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Might as well get that out of your heads now. Khan believes in the process. Fisch is the ultimate fall guy here, not Bradley.

For the very least all 3 coordinators should be replaced.
Jedd Fisch is not a fail guy either.

If anyone is an ultimate fail guy, his name is Mike Mallory.

If they're looking at the process honestly and objectively I don't know that Fisch is automatically out. He had a really bad game last week against the clots, no doubt. Alot of the problems prior to that were and continue to be poor execution by a very young offense. His mix of run/pass play calling on 1st and 2nd downs is pretty good when we're not trailing by more than 1 score. When we start getting behind and getting into obvious passing situations, Blake isn't where he needs to be to be reliable in those scenarios yet. I don't know how Fisch would necessarily take the fall for that unless there are other problems with his coaching ability that only the guys in the builiding would know. I don't think the head coach or coordinators will be let go. If Fisch has more games like this past Sunday, that could change though.
I haven't seen Fisch putting our young offense in good positions. He doesn't seem to modify the game plan to utilize their strengths.
I'm about 98% certain Fisch is gone at the end of the season. 

Quote:I'm about 98% certain Fisch is gone at the end of the season. 
If he isn't, we can all write letters to Shad Khan and Dave Caldwell telling them how angry we are...
Quote:I haven't seen Fisch putting our young offense in good positions. He doesn't seem to modify the game plan to utilize their strengths.
Part of the problem is that right now there just aren't that many strengths. A lot of the things people are saying Fisch should be doing are things that they have tried to do, but with no success.
Quote:Part of the problem is that right now there just aren't that many strengths. A lot of the things people are saying Fisch should be doing are things that they have tried to do, but with no success.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...d4ceee8d2d

this is a pretty good explanation of that

6 downfield attempts

2 sacks

i think that explains why they don't go deep very often

i hope the going back to basics approach they use this week might help us move the offense and help bortles look more comfortable throwing the football
Quote:If they're looking at the process honestly and objectively I don't know that Fisch is automatically out. He had a really bad game last week against the clots, no doubt. Alot of the problems prior to that were and continue to be poor execution by a very young offense. His mix of run/pass play calling on 1st and 2nd downs is pretty good when we're not trailing by more than 1 score. When we start getting behind and getting into obvious passing situations, Blake isn't where he needs to be to be reliable in those scenarios yet. I don't know how Fisch would necessarily take the fall for that unless there are other problems with his coaching ability that only the guys in the builiding would know. I don't think the head coach or coordinators will be let go. If Fisch has more games like this past Sunday, that could change though.

That was a defeatist game plan last Sunday. Whether that is from Fisch or higher, it was giving up.
I highly doubt Fisch is going anywhere.

A person who's been forced to make things happen with over half his starters being rookies isn't going to be a fall guy.

Besides, implementing a new system next year with all these young players would be guaranteeing your offense will struggle again.

Babich on the other hand is a different story. The D got better when they reduced his role.

Quote:That was a defeatist game plan last Sunday. Whether that is from Fisch or higher, it was giving up.
It looked like a game plan of a team that wasn't confident in their young QB and wanted to protect him from his own mistakes.

When his first pass was an int it's hard to blame them.

In case you haven't noticed, Blake hasn't responded very well to all of his mistakes.

Quote:It looked like a game plan of a team that wasn't confident in their young QB and wanted to protect him from his own mistakes.

When his first pass was an int it's hard to blame them.

In case you haven't noticed, Blake hasn't responded very well to all of his mistakes.

They gave up. Exactly what I said.
Quote:Might as well get that out of your heads now. Khan believes in the process. Fisch is the ultimate fall guy here, not Bradley.
The Offense has been horrific at times this year with different players, but the saying is players not plays... is the team void of talent on offense or is Fisch just the worst OC ever for the Jaguars?

I've watched the play calling over the last two years, and I've seen some fantastic play calling and some really stupid ones...

I cant tell if Fisch is trying to get the most out of what he's got or if Fisch is just way over his head.
Quote:The Offense has been horrific at times this year with different players, but the saying is players not plays... is the team void of talent on offense or is Fisch just the worst OC ever for the Jaguars?

I've watched the play calling over the last two years, and I've seen some fantastic play calling and some really stupid ones...

I cant tell if Fisch is trying to get the most out of what he's got or if Fisch is just way over his head.

I think it is partially both.
If Gus isn't gone by the end of this year, he'll be gone by the end of next year.  

Quote:For the very least all 3 coordinators should be replaced.

If Gus stays, Babich will stay too.Mallory is as good as gone already. Fisch will be the fall guy if Gus stays.
Quote:If Gus isn't gone by the end of this year, he'll be gone by the end of next year.  

Barring some miraculous turnaround, you are probably correct. Keeping him another year is probably delaying the inevitable.
Quote:Barring some miraculous turnaround, you are probably correct. Keeping him another year is probably delaying the inevitable.

Yeah - unless the team shows some real growth in the last 6 weeks, I say we need to end this experiment.
I agree SuperJville.  They may get rid of Fisch at the end of the year, which is the right thing to do, but when the disaster continues into next season, Khan is really going to see the light then.  He is taking into account that BB is a rookie, that's almost certain.  Also, I bet Gus doesn't play cheerleader as much next year, and does his damndist to coach and win. At least I would if I was in his situation, and in fear of losing my job.  Maybe Bradley is oblivious to what's going on around him, who knows?

Pages: 1 2 3 4