Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I just reviewed the Jags schedule for this season. 

- Philadelphia (8-3)

- Washington (3-8)

- Indianapolis (7-4)

- San Diego (7-4)

- Pittsburgh (7-4)

- Tennessee (2-9)

- Cleveland (7-4)

- Miami (6-5)

- Cincinnati (7-3-1)

- Dallas (8-3)

- Indianapolis (7-4)

Our schedule's actually been pretty brutal, and the team's been pretty close in a lot of them. However, 4 of our next 5 games are against teams with losing records. Hopefully we're able to see the Jags pull out some W's against weaker competition. Houston, Tennessee, and New York are all very beatable teams.

Yeah, still no excuse. Last time I checked, the Jaguars are a PROFESSIONAL team.

Yeah usually in the NFL you play pretty decent teams. 

Quote:Yeah, still no excuse. Last time I checked, the Jaguars are a PROFESSIONAL team.

Quote:Yeah usually in the NFL you play pretty decent teams. 

Tough crowd.
We don't want to win anymore games this year. It does us zero good.

Quote:We don't want to win anymore games this year. It does us zero good.

It's very Jaguars to win when it doesn't matter. I'm counting on the Jags winning out of the #1 pick but staying in the top 5.
I for one would love to see Bortles snap out of his funk and win us a few.  I'm just a fan though...
Quote:I for one would love to see Bortles snap out of his funk and win us a few.  I'm just a fan though...

I'm a fan too. Wouldn't mind some close losses, but getting the number 1 pick leads to acquiring more picks which is what the franchise needs at this exact moment in time.
[Image: v45qiw.jpg]

Bortles could snap out of his funk and we could still lose? 

Ideal scenario there.

Quote:Yeah, still no excuse. Last time I checked, the Jaguars are a PROFESSIONAL team.

Where did he say anything about excuses? What about partial explanations? Reasons?

Oh, those don't fit for a guy who TYPES IN ALL CAPS. I guess that just means you want it more.

Quote:It's very Jaguars to win when it doesn't matter. I'm counting on the Jags winning out of the #1 pick but staying in the top 5.

Yeah, because they run out of good players after that first pick.
Quote:Where did he saw anything about excuses? What about partial explanations? Reasons?

Oh, those don't fit for a guy who TYPES IN ALL CAPS. I guess that just means you want it more.

Ever heard of 'Any Given Sunday'? It seems to be quite popular here...

I never thought losing season after losing season would be acceptable to fans. Oh, and I DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS.  :teehee:
Quote:Bortles could snap out of his funk and we could still lose? 

Ideal scenario there.
I think it would be best for this young team and for Bortles to win a few and build some confidence.  I have faith that Caldwell will get us talent regardless of where we draft.  We need our QB to experience some success and rebuild his confidence!  Screw the draft, GO JAGS!  I'm sick of freakin losing and talking about the damn draft!  Just win baby!!!

Quote:I'm a fan too. Wouldn't mind some close losses, but getting the number 1 pick leads to acquiring more picks which is what the franchise needs at this exact moment in time.
There's no guarantee in that whatsoever.
Quote:Where did he say anything about excuses? What about partial explanations? Reasons?

Thanks for clarifying. I don't believe the tough schedule is an excuse for poor play, but looking at what the team's gone up against, I wouldn't say it's been the best scenario for a young team.

Buffalo and Cincinnati are both teams in the playoff hunt, but they each have only one two games against teams with winning records.

Quote:Yeah, because they run out of good players after that first pick.

I only like the #1 pick because of trade-back scenarios.
Quote:I think it would be best for this young team and for Bortles to win a few and build some confidence.  I have faith that Caldwell will get us talent regardless of where we draft.  We need our QB to experience some success and rebuild his confidence!  Screw the draft, GO JAGS!  I'm sick of freakin losing and talking about the damn draft!  Just win baby!!!

I think finishing the season at 4-12 is still very possible. It'd be nice to end the season with some wins, especially against the tacks and tinhorns.
Quote:I only like the #1 pick because of trade-back scenarios.
Ya but picking, say 5th, means the talent that we already have is coming together.  Way better and there will still be a stud on the board, guaranteed.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I'd much rather see Blake play well enough for us to win some games down the stretch. If the young players step up and play to their potential, in contrast in Henne in the second half of last season, it will be more beneficial in the long run. Blake is the future of the team and I don't think you can complain about winning if it's starting to click for him. Anyways, I think we end up winning 2-3 of the remaining five games. We'll split with Houston, beat Tennessee, and maybe beat New York on Sunday.
You know what sucks?  Having this exact same conversation year after year on this board.  I'm so sick of it.  I hope we win out and never stoop to this level again.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6