Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bradley's record as head coach is approaching historically bad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Let's compare the Gus Bus to some of the guys regarded as the worst head coaches in recent NFL history.

Gus Bradley: 5-22 .185 winning %

Chris Palmer: 5-27 .156 winning %

Marty Mornihweig: 5-27 .156 winning %

Kevin Gilbride: 6-16 .273 winning %

Dick McPherson: 8-24 .250 winning %

Dennis Allen: 8-28 .222 winning %

Pat Shurmur: 9-23 .281 winning %

Rod Marinelli: 10-38 .208 winning %

Steve Spagnulo: 10-38 208 winnng %

Scott Linehan: 11-25 .306 winning %

Jim Zorn: 12-20 .375 winning %

Dave Campo: 15-33 .313 winning %

Dave Shula: 19-52 .268 winning %

Hard not to think Khan is quietly testing the coaching waters as we speak. As a business owner, he HAS to be.

Quote:Let's compare the Gus Bus to some of the guys regarded as the worst head coaches in recent NFL history.

Gus Bradley: 5-22 .185 winning %

Chris Palmer: 5-27 .156 winning %

Marty Mornihweig: 5-27 .156 winning %

Kevin Gilbride: 6-16 .273 winning %

Dick McPherson: 8-24 .250 winning %

Dennis Allen: 8-28 .222 winning %

Pat Shurmur: 9-23 .281 winning %

Rod Marinelli: 10-38 .208 winning %

Steve Spagnulo: 10-38 208 winnng %

Scott Linehan: 11-25 .306 winning %

Jim Zorn: 12-20 .375 winning %

Dave Campo: 15-33 .313 winning %

Dave Shula: 19-52 .268 winning %

But he's competing so hard!
[Image: 1897336-1.jpg]

Quote:But he's competing so hard!

No, but he is challenging the guys. :thumbsup:
I feel for Gus. I really do. He seems like a nice enough guy and a players coach, but I just think he is in over his head with this one. I have no doubts Gus will go back to being a great DC no matter where he lands.

Quote:I feel for Gus. I really do. He seems like a nice enough guy and a players coach, but I just think he is in over his head with this one. I have no doubts Gus will go back to being a great DC no matter where he lands.

He is definitely looking like that.
Quote:He is definitely looking like that.

This team does NOT need a first time head coach leading them.
Quote:I feel for Gus. I really do. He seems like a nice enough guy and a players coach, but I just think he is in over his head with this one. I have no doubts Gus will go back to being a great DC no matter where he lands.

These are my thoughts too.  He's simply being asked to be something he's not prepared to be, in my opinion.  
I think back to his first game where the Jaguars were completely outmatched by the Chiefs and had no business even being on the same field as them. 27 games later, nothing has changed.

Nothing.

He is still young. Maybe he can go be a DC for a few more years and get another shot at HC someday. At least now he knows what it takes.

This is straight up embarrassing to tell you the truth. 

Those are some bad head coaches on that list.

Quote:He is still young. Maybe he can go be a DC for a few more years and get another shot at HC someday. At least now he knows what it takes.

But if he knew what it takes then the preparedness of the Jags should have improved from his 1st to 2nd year.

I really think he is flat out not HC caliber.  He just doesn't have "it" meaning the leadership necessary.
Are the ANY coaches that started this bad to become successful or would Bradley have to make history?

I still recall the hate thrown my way in the off season when I said I had yet to see any indication that Gus was anything more than a low tier seat warmer of a head coach.

Quote:Are the ANY coaches that started this bad to become successful or would Bradley have to make history?

Time for someone to bring up Bill Walsh.
Quote:I still recall the hate thrown my way in the off season when I said I had yet to see any indication that Gus was anything more than a low tier seat warmer of a head coach.

Don't worry, I got absoutely bashed when I cautioned folks on here after the Browns game.  Look at us now lol.  It's not too hard to see that Bradley is not cut out to be a championship caliber NFL HC and that's what we need.
Quote:I still recall the hate thrown my way in the off season when I said I had yet to see any indication that Gus was anything more than a low tier seat warmer of a head coach.

I'll admit I was in support of Bradley then, maybe in denial, I don't know.  It became apparent very quickly this season that he wasn't going to make it.  It's compounded by poor coordinator choices too.  If he had better coordinators and coaches around him I think he'd look at least a little better.  Either way, he's not doing a good enough job to warrant a 3rd year.  He hasn't shown us signs that make me think "Yeah, he's figuring this out.  Next year will be a turnaround."  instead it's been the opposite.
Quote:Time for someone to bring up Bill Walsh.

So there's 1 coach?  I really don't know which is why I'm asking.  But if there is only 1 coach in all of history to start out this bad and end up being good then there should be no argument for sticking with Bradley.
Quote:Don't worry, I got absoutely bashed when I cautioned folks on here after the Browns game.  Look at us now lol.  It's not too hard to see that Bradley is not cut out to be a championship caliber NFL HC and that's what we need.

I've said it repeatedly, Gus is just a guy. If he finds any success it will be because Bortles grows into a franchise guy on his own, because he's not getting any help, and any success he has will be a result of him carrying the coaching staff to success, not the coaching staff boosting him to success.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9