Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Which Jaguar Rookie has played the best so far?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Which Jaguars rookie has played the best so far this season?

You have to keep in mind the position they play, how long they have played or started at that position this year, basically all the variables.

QB Blake Bortles 191 comp out of 305 attempts for 62.6%, 2,067 yards, 8TDS, 15 INTS, 70.8 Rating

Side note rushing blake is tied for 11th among all rookies with 39 attempts for 228 yards or 4.3 avg which is better than Teddy Bridgewater and other QB rookies 

WR Marqise Lee 16 rec for 193 yards, 0 Tds

WR Allen Robinson 48 rec for 548 yards, and 2 touchdowns

WR Allen Hurns 31 rec for 488 yards and 5 touchdowns

(My selection) whom is 10th in the league among rookies for tackles (despite not starting in any games all season only playing nickle packages)

OLB Telvin Smith 53 tackles, 38 solo, 15ast, 2 sacks, 1 INT, 2 Fumble Recoverys, 1 Forced fumble,  and 4 PD!  (tied for 7th among rookies in sacks as well)

DE Chris Smith 3 tackles and 1.5 sack

RB Storm Johnson 20 att 64 yards, 3.2 avg (worse than Blakes)

I have to admit considering all the variables I was thinking of picking Blake Bortles (the Oline has been horible most of the season, he had almost every WR get injured, and a no running back emerged until recently with shoelace).

He has regressed a bit in the last few weeks which had me go with Telvin Smith (espeically since Telvin hasnt been granted 11 games to start in and get even better stats)!

I thought about Allen Hurns & Allen Robinson which are also great choices but I feel Telvin Smith is really special!

I gave the rookies an A+ sure you could say because the team is so void in talent that the rookies got exposure which made them look better than other team rookies, and you could say they cant be that great because the team has only won one game.

I guess I'm drinking the teal koolaid though because I think the rookies are fantastic and only need to be coached up and surrounded by more talent in this years draft coming up..

Hurns bc of value
I would say that disappointments have  been DE Chris Smith,  and then RB Storm Johnson

I removed the OLine as I was wrong... Linder has been playing great.. my bad...

Quote:Hurns bc of value
The fact that he went undrafted too, imagine if he was on a team like the Broncos how productive he might be..

then again more competition too.
I mean amongst all the players in the NFL Telvin Smith is tied at 97th for solo tackles of 38, (Poz has 47 and started all season long for example).

Telvin = Beast

First of all, Brandon Linder has been playing like a top 5 RG. Seriously, do some research. If he wasn't on the Jags he'd probably make the pro-bowl as an alternate.

Quote:I mean amongst all the players in the NFL Telvin Smith is tied at 97th for solo tackles of 38, (Poz has 47 and started all season long for example).

Telvin = Beast

Tackles are not a good indicator on how well a player plays defense.
Quote:First of all, Brandon Linder has been playing like a top 5 RG. Seriously, do some research. If he wasn't on the Jags he'd probably make the pro-bowl as an alternate.

Some people man... Lol

Linder playing bad!?!? Hahaha
Quote:Some people man... Lol

Linder playing bad!?!? Hahaha

They say these things out of their behind. Most of them seriously have no idea what they are talking about. They think this is Pop-Warner.

I stand corrected I retract my comments about Linder.

Quote:Tackles are not a good indicator on how well a player plays defense.
I agree that I was wrong on my evaluation of Linder, but I think you are wrong about Telvin Smith.  Its not just that he's great at tackles, he has 2 sacks, 2 Fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumble and 4 PDs!

Not to mention he was only used on rare occasions in nickle packages all year.
Quote:I stand corrected I retract my comments about Linder.
You should probably retract your comments about Bowanko also. Both were off-base. They are our best 2 linemen this year.
I did, I have a hard time figuring out how well Oline is doing... I mean they let up so many sacks, and the running game has stunk most of the year...

Quote:You should probably retract your comments about Bowanko also. Both were off-base. They are our best 2 linemen this year.

trying to save face lol
I'll admit when I'm wrong, I simply stated something that wasnt true without fact checking.

Quote:Idiots trying to save face lol
I don't think he's an idiot or that he's saving face, but he admitted he made a mistake.
Thanks. I never said I was a football guru / expert simply a Jaguar fan that loves to talk about football.

Quote:Thanks. I never said I was a football guru / expert simply a Jaguar fan that loves to talk about football.

It's just when you say Linder has played bad you clearly don't know what you're talking about....

So to bash someone then say sorry doesn't really count as apology
Hmm 41 posts probably a troll.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5