Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Ultimate Bluff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After a hard fought 10 games, we have finally worked our way to the top of the draft board. It was hard, but I knew we could do it. Can Dave and Gus pull off the ultimate bluff? I mean, the ultimate bluff?

Put BB in position to have a dreadful game Sunday and pull him for Hamneck Henne the rest of the way. Put out the rumor that they just don't see BB as the QB of this franchise and that we are interested in Mariota with the 1st pick. The only way we will be able to trade out of the 1st pick is if we are a threat to take Mariota. Otherwise, we are stuck reaching for a DE who isn't worthy of the 1st pick.

Come on Dave and Gus. Make us proud. Getting multiple high picks AND Blackmon back will put this rebuild into warp speed.

Ok, dream over.

High picks and Blackmon back does sound great....

Quote:High picks and Blackmon back does sound great....
Blackmon coming back sounds great by itself. Multiple high picks would be gravy.
I actually hadnt read the blackmon news until after I posted in this thread... but yeah! Im down for even just his return, buuuuut multiple high draft picks would be nice Big Grin

Yeah c'mon Jags, you wanted your fans to be losers now is the time. You've beaten us into loser submission with your weak rebuild. Lose out so we can get the 1st pick. Make watching this crap worthwhile. 

We just need Gus to keep doing what he is doing and Mariota to continue to impress.

Quote:I actually hadnt read the blackmon news until after I posted in this thread... but yeah! Im down for even just his return, buuuuut multiple high draft picks would be nice Big Grin
Blackmon, Robinson, Hurns, and Lee sounds like a stellar WR corps. If we can add a Torrey Smith in FA it could be the best in the league.
All we would need a QB needy team to get the #2 pick then the other QB needy teams will try to jump over and secure him....right?

Quote: The only way we will be able to trade out of the 1st pick is if we are a threat to take Mariota.

Is this the only way? Let's make a scenario where the top 5 is this:

Jaguars

Raiders

Jets

Bucs

Titans

Now the Jags tell the Bucs that they'll trade the pick to the Jets unless they see a better offer, then they tell the Jets they'll trade to the Bucs unless they up an offer. Match them off against each other. Hell, draft the kid then trade him if they don't stump up an offer, it's happened before.

This is if NFL teams value him like people think they do. We've seen QB hype at this time of the year before with a "locked-in" first pick end up going later. Bridgewater, Smith, Barkley etc.

This the year we get an RG III type trade offer and we build a winning franchise for the next decade. 

There will be 2 or 3 QB desperate teams at the top right around where we will pick. A team like: Rams, Bills, Chiefs, Giants (pending new management) could be willing to make a big jump up to guarantee they get their guy.
Yeah, let's destroy our young QBs confidence! Great plan!
Quote:Yeah, let's destroy our young QBs confidence! Great plan!

Jedd Fisch is already doing that.
If we do end up at #1... We trade it for the Bucs #3 overally picks, this years second and next years #1.

We then take whoever is leftover from Leonard Williams and Gregory at #3, try and get some secondary help with both our 2nd rounders.

OK so if people think we want Mariota and we have the number 1 pick. Why would we accept a trade down? Its pretty obvious we don't want a top qb at that point.
A team may still want to jump Oakland. And in retrospect, RG3 looking like a total bust may make teams more hesitant in megatrades. We will beat Houston at home, maybe beat the Titans when they're mailing it in, and throw in the annual upset. We're going to end up with two to four wins
Not unless the number 2 team picking wants Mariota. Maybe the Bucs or Jets. If we have the first pick this year Im sure we will be able to trade it before the draft comes but it probably won't be like RG3 trade. Something similar but not that many picks. Ill be happy with this years 2nd and next years 1st.

I remember my first jay
This can go one of two ways.

1. Things finally go our way. We get the 1st pick and Mariota continues to look like a can't miss QB.

2. We win a couple meaningless games, we draft 3rd and the tacks trade into the 1st pick and get their QB of the future.

History points to #2.

Quote:This can go one of two ways.

1. Things finally go our way. We get the 1st pick and Mariota continues to look like a can't miss QB.

2. We win a couple meaningless games, we draft 3rd and the tacks trade into the 1st pick and get their QB of the future.

History points to #2.
Leonard Williams or Randy Gregory will be there at #3... We should be ok. Since there is no "can't miss prospect", it really doesn't matter where we draft this year though.
Pages: 1 2 3