Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I think 89 is extremely valuable!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A lot of people give Marcedes Lewis flack because he makes a lot of money and doesn't play to that number. But what I'm not getting is why it matters? We have the money and he is so valuable as a red zone target and a blocker. Not only that, but Lewis is a leader in the locker room and the players love him. He was balling last year towards the end of the year. It's a noticable difference with him out of the line-up. Lewis is the man!
Truth be told, he isnt the highest paid TE at all anymore. I dont have a problem with him. When true elite TE are making 10 mil + a year it makaes Marcedes 7 mil not so bad. After all he is an above average pass catcher and probably top 5 blocker.

I still remember that wide open pass he dropped at the end zone... It's not your fault Blaine!
Huh?  Marcedes is NOT a valuable target in the red zone, and he's constantly hurt. His $7 M is a waste regardless of whether we have the cap room or not.  

The best ability is availability.  Marcedes can't stay healthy.  Same as CS III - if you can't stay on the field, nothing else matters.  

Quote:I still remember that wide open pass he dropped at the end zone... It's not your fault Blaine!

We can have Bill Buckner syndrome sometimes haha! You've got every right as a fan. You know he won a batting title? Point is, I can't fault Lewis for dropping that pass when he's produced a lot over his career. Heck, I remember the one-handed catch he had against Imdu a little more
Quote:Huh?  Marcedes is NOT a valuable target in the red zone, and he's constantly hurt. His $7 M is a waste regardless of whether we have the cap room or not.  

The best ability is availability.  Marcedes can't stay healthy.  Same as CS III - if you can't stay on the field, nothing else matters.  

Julius Thomas is on the way. lol. 
Quote:Julius Thomas is on the way. lol. 
Either him or Jimmy Graham - a good TE is a young QB's best friend....
Quote:Either him or Jimmy Graham - a good TE is a young QB's best friend....

We'll julius thomas is a free agent at the end of the season so let make him the highest paid because i like him as a player. 
Jimmy Graham is also a free agent.
You guys really think either of them are coming here? There's no way either one even smells FA
Quote:You guys really think either of them are coming here? There's no way either one even smells FA

And if they did hit the open market, they wouldn't come to the Jaguars
Quote:And if they did hit the open market, they wouldn't come to the Jaguars
Money talks.
Both are young enough to get a payday before they go Ring hunting.
Quote:Money talks.
And no state income tax 
Wow love the nevativity towards the possibility of going afyer graham or thomas. We have money, gallons, if not vats, of gus juice, and if we have a strong draft and pay out in FA we can start actually shooting from the hip for a wildcard spot. The Arrow has been pointing up all season any player worth his weight in gold will be able to see through the mainstream views of the jaguars.

Edit: On topic Ive always been a Lewis fanboy. He has a pro bowl season with garrArd throwinf to him and considering most posters think garrard wasnt that good it gives all the more credit to lewis. Like stated before when we are poised next season to go for a wildcard spot i expect All players retained that are in doubt to fire all cylinders and really impress (or more blatently, shut you all up).
Quote:Huh? Marcedes is NOT a valuable target in the red zone, and he's constantly hurt. His $7 M is a waste regardless of whether we have the cap room or not.

The best ability is availability.
Marcedes can't stay healthy. Same as CS III - if you can't stay on the field, nothing else matters.

You remember that next time you stick up for Justin Blackmon.
Quote:And no state income tax

Tell that to Emanuel Sanders.
Quote:Tell that to Emanuel Sanders.
We tried to lowball him and if everything is even acourse he's going to go to a place where his earning potential in the future is greater by playing with a certain qb. Let me ask you this who in the hell is going to take less money to play with chad henne? lol. By the time he finish with his 3 year 15 million dollar deal he's going to get a huge payday because of peyton manning throwing to him so in our case we got to overpay for a player from the beginning until we become competitive as a franchise. 

Quote:Tell that to Emanuel Sanders.
What had Sanders done prior to this year? Put up less than Cecil Shorts numbers? You really don't think that has a tiny bit to do with Manning?
Quote:Wow love the nevativity towards the possibility of going afyer graham or thomas. We have money, gallons, if not vats, of gus juice, and if we have a strong draft and pay out in FA we can start actually shooting from the hip for a wildcard spot. The Arrow has been pointing up all season any player worth his weight in gold will be able to see through the mainstream views of the jaguars.

Edit: On topic Ive always been a Lewis fanboy. He has a pro bowl season with garrArd throwinf to him and considering most posters think garrard wasnt that good it gives all the more credit to lewis. Like stated before when we are poised next season to go for a wildcard spot i expect All players retained that are in doubt to fire all cylinders and really impress (or more blatently, shut you all up).

I'm not against going after them at all. But Den and NO will not let them get away. If they do then of course target them.
Pages: 1 2 3