Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ace Sanders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
*slaps heads*

What the hell, bro?!?
running back punts sober sucks.

Did he get busted again or something?
No just playing like doo doo
Great thread.

He has lost some of his quickness he had in college.

He doesn't look good this year at all.  He caught 45+ passes last year, bummer.

Yeah I don't expect him to be back next season. Need someone who is fast to be returning punts

Quote:He has lost some of his quickness he had in college.

im hoping he is still just knocking off some rust.
Quote:im hoping he is still just knocking off some rust.

we've seen this kind of thing from guys like Mike Thomas

that burst doesn't last forever and everybody loses it at some point.  it's a big reason why guys choose to get on steroids.

It's not that he lost his burst, it's just that everyone has that burst in the NFL.  He has average quickness and speed, which isn't good enough if you're not great at other things.

Quote:It's not that he lost his burst, it's just that everyone has that burst in the NFL.  He has average quickness and speed, which isn't good enough if you're not great at other things.

no he has definitely lost some.  look at that punt return TD he had at SC.  he cant do that anymore.

Quote:no he has definitely lost some.  look at that punt return TD he had at SC.  he cant do that anymore.

That's because everyone on the other side now is twice as fast as those college kids.
Quote:That's because everyone on the other side now is twice as fast as those college kids.

if you watch him run by himself, he looks slower.  like when you watch his first few steps right after catching the punt.  he is not the same.

again, this isn't some new concept.  we have seen it happen first hand with Mike Thomas.

and when I say go look at the SC punt return, I mean, look at the way he moves in traffic.  he isn't able to do that big jump cut like he used to.

He's only been back for 4 weeks after missing quite a lot of time and obviously had some life problems going on.  Wallbash

Quote:He's only been back for 4 weeks after missing quite a lot of time and obviously had some life problems going on.  Wallbash

you don't get faster after a few weeks of practice.  you have it or you don't.  he has lost a step.  it's obvious to me.
Quote:if you watch him run by himself, he looks slower.  like when you watch his first few steps right after catching the punt.  he is not the same.

again, this isn't some new concept.  we have seen it happen first hand with Mike Thomas.

and when I say go look at the SC punt return, I mean, look at the way he moves in traffic.  he isn't able to do that big jump cut like he used to.

I really don't think he's lost a step at what, 24, 25? He wasn't that impressive last year, he caught 40 passes at or around the line of scrimmage. Maybe he just needs some time to work in from his hiatus, but it's not like he was a world beater last year either.
Quote:I really don't think he's lost a step at what, 24, 25? He wasn't that impressive last year, he caught 40 passes at or around the line of scrimmage. Maybe he just needs some time to work in from his hiatus, but it's not like he was a world beater last year either.

it happens.  some guys lose it sooner than others.
Quote:it happens.  some guys lose it sooner than others.

I don't know, I still think its more that he never had it at this level.
Quote:you don't get faster after a few weeks of practice.  you have it or you don't.  he has lost a step.  it's obvious to me.

have you ever played sports? when youre out that long you lose your legs and it takes a little while to get them back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4