Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles sucks and a major bust. Henne should be the starter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: 134776.jpg]

In all seriousness, there were people in the game day thread actually crying for Chad Henne to come back in.  Bortles is flat out awful at times but also flat out Great at times as well.  This is the kind of play anyone should expect from a raw rookie with little talent around him.  Who wants Henne is and why?

nobody wants henne

The game is jut too fast for him right now.  Once it slows down, he should be fine

lol.. can't lie you had me when I first read it. Our O is filled with rookies and one of them is at the most important position. Blake will be fine. Im not concerned at all.

He just makes a few bad throws a game. He moves the offense and we were in scoring position plenty of times.
I think the positives of Bortles so far outweigh the negatives
Quote:[Image: 134776.jpg]

In all seriousness, there were people in the game day thread actually crying for Chad Henne to come back in.  Bortles is flat out awful at times but also flat out Great at times as well.  This is the kind of play anyone should expect from a raw rookie with little talent around him.  Who wants Henne is and why?
Can I ask when has Bortles been flat out great? Tenn game?
Quote:Can I ask when has Bortles been flat out great? Tenn game?
He hasn't really been great for a whole game, but during each game he has had his moments. Much more than Henne ever has shown really. I prefer to let Bortles take his lumps now, us get a high draft pick and be dangerous next year. 
I'm not worried about Bortles.  He's learning, and he is learning on one of the youngest and crappiest teams in the NFL.  How many rookies plus himself are on the field?  The route running is atrocious, the blocking can be pretty bad.  There are so many factors.  You can tell when everyone grows, even the coaches, that this team will succeed.  Chill.  It's been 5 games for the guy.  He will turn it around soon.  Who was expecting the playoffs this year?  Not me.

If they bench Bortles I hope they fire whoever is responsible for that decision and I hope they do it on the spot. Bortles should not be benched for how his play has been so far.
Didn't like picking Bortles in the first-round.  Way too high and too many other needs.   But, what's done is done.  We'll have a high pick in 2016.  Might as well see if he sinks or swims.  We're essentially in the same position as the Jets with Geno Smith, only a year earlier in the process.  Just as the Jets probably set its franchise back three years with the pick of Smith in the second round, I believe that the Jags probably set its franchise back three years with the pick of Bortles in the first round.  Hope I'm wrong, but it would be even more wrong to not give the kid at least a couple of years to see what he can do.  We can always hit the reset button at QB in 2016 if needed.

Quote:Didn't like picking Bortles in the first-round.  Way too high and too many other needs.   But, what's done is done.  We'll have a high pick in 2016.  Might as well see if he sinks or swims.  We're essentially in the same position as the Jets with Geno Smith, only a year earlier in the process.  Just as the Jets probably set its franchise back three years with the pick of Smith in the second round, I believe that the Jags probably set its franchise back three years with the pick of Bortles in the first round.  Hope I'm wrong, but it would be even more wrong to not give the kid at least a couple of years to see what he can do.  We can always hit the reset button at QB in 2016 if needed.
We drafted a rookie who has started 5 games.  We didn't trade for a proven vet.  For crying out loud, can we give him a little more time please.
Quote:[Image: 134776.jpg]

In all seriousness, there were people in the game day thread actually crying for Chad Henne to come back in. Bortles is flat out awful at times but also flat out Great at times as well. This is the kind of play anyone should expect from a raw rookie with little talent around him. Who wants Henne is and why?

The turnovers come with Bortles being a rookie. Some people want to say this is an excuse but it's reality. This year will ultimately pay dividends although he'll also have to put in a lot of work in the off season. I knew this would happen and was a little concerned about his confidence but he's reacting well and showing he's mentally tough.
Fox let me ask you this would we have been better taking Sammy Watkins and Derek Car?

Quote:If they bench Bortles I hope they fire whoever is responsible for that decision and I hope they do it on the spot. Bortles should not be benched for how his play has been so far.
Bortles isn't going to be benched.  The only thing getting him out of the starting lineup is injury, and let's hope that doesn't happen.
I like to remember Peyton's first starts INTs were:

Took him until his 7th start to start clicking and figuring things out. And even then threw pretty much 2 a game for the rest of the season. Luck was actually pretty similar, not quite as bad as Peyton. Bortles is also currently sitting with a higher completion percentage and pretty much identical YPA as both of them.

He'll be fine. Sure it's frustrating to watch, but for once this team moves the ball on offense. That's more than we've done in years. 3 of Blake's 5 starts were lost on mental errors or just plain bad luck. We haven't been "out" of a game since SD. Had Henne been out there and thrown 2 pick 6's we would have lost like 48-3.
Quote:Fox let me ask you this would we have been better taking Sammy Watkins and Derek Car?
I say absolutely not.  I think once it clicks BB will be a great one.  But ask me again a year from now.
Quote:Can I ask when has Bortles been flat out great? Tenn game?
He does some things during games you just can't coach.

Escaping a collapsing pocket and throwing laser darts on the run, Improvising and buying time in the pocket. Making throws that every QB in the league cannot
Quote: We're essentially in the same position as the Jets with Geno Smith, only a year earlier in the process.

Umm... no.  Geno Smith flat out sucks.
Quote:Didn't like picking Bortles in the first-round.  Way too high and too many other needs.   But, what's done is done.  We'll have a high pick in 2016.  Might as well see if he sinks or swims.  We're essentially in the same position as the Jets with Geno Smith, only a year earlier in the process.  Just as the Jets probably set its franchise back three years with the pick of Smith in the second round, I believe that the Jags probably set its franchise back three years with the pick of Bortles in the first round.  Hope I'm wrong, but it would be even more wrong to not give the kid at least a couple of years to see what he can do.  We can always hit the reset button at QB in 2016 if needed.
Put the pipe down.
Pages: 1 2 3 4