Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Do you want Bortles to succeed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
After listening to daily sports talk radio, and reflecting on my own frustration with this past season, I've found statements like "this move benefited Bortles the most" and similar comments very frustrating.  My guess is a large percentage of the fanbase has moved on from thinking Bortles is the answer, yet interview after interview with coaches/personnel  exclaiming Bortles to be the guy at QB is setting up for another season of "can he take a step up from last year?".

So I wanted to throw out a simple poll.  Does wanting Bortles to fail, to finally see an end to his time here in Jacksonville, make someone a bad fan?  Does his win/loss record in games he throws for over 300 yards indicate this team needs to improve everything else around him?  Have we had enough of him at QB to really expect him to take this team anywhere?  

I absolutely WANT him to succeed...What I don't know is whether he ultimately will.

One would hope every fan wants Bortles to succeed. Who wants to waste another high draft pick on another QB hoping and wishing he'll pan out? Hopefully Blake is the guy for the next 15 years.
Then Title of the Post versus the actual Question within the Poll are different.

Of course, I want him to succeed
Of course everyone wants him to succeed. Rooting for a person to fail is for people who suck at life and are generally bad people.

Its not that we want to see him be bad, its just theres overwhelming evidence that he isnt going to be good.
Yes I want him to succeed.

I also want to marry Jennifer Lopez but neither of those things will happen.
Of course I want Blake to succeed.

I wanted Gus to succeed too.

I want the Jags to win and I really don't care who is on the team when that happens. Skip Bayless could be the Jags QB and if he brings this team wins, I'd love him.

Your poll answers go deeper than the overall question.

I find it hard to believe anyone doesn't want him to succeed
Quote:Of course everyone wants him to succeed.

No they don't. There are plenty of so-called fans on this board who would be happier for Bottles to fail than succeed.

Quote:Rooting for a person to fail is for people who suck at life and are generally bad people.

Yes. Yes it is.
Quote:Your poll answers go deeper than the overall question.

I find it hard to believe anyone doesn't want him to succeed
The real question should be : Do you think Blake can succeed?
Why would any fan of this team not want him to succeed?

Stupid question.

I thought there was no such thing as a stupid question...I was wrong.

C'mon, man.
I'll admit I'm tired of watching him struggle.  There seems to have been a consensus about a month ago that he was not the answer and that it was a formality that another QB would be brought in to basically take the job from him.  With the recent changes, the message now seems to be that he's the guy no matter what.  He does just enough to give the coaches hope while hamstringing the team into a low ceiling of wins.  

Quote:I'll admit I'm tired of watching him struggle. There seems to have been a consensus about a month ago that he was not the answer and that it was a formality that another QB would be brought in to basically take the job from him. With the recent changes, the message now seems to be that he's the guy no matter what. He does just enough to give the coaches hope while hamstringing the team into a low ceiling of wins.

I don't think he's the answer. I don't think his throwing motion is fixable. And his decision making in terms of finding receivers and pre snap reads doesn't seem to be where they should be.

But that doesn't mean I want him to fail. I'd prefer he get his rear in gear and get with the program. It's just my opinion that we've seen his ceiling and need to start looking for his replacement.

I think maybe you should have reworded the OP.
Quote:Why would any fan of this team not want him to succeed?

Do you believe there are fans out there (such as TMD, for example) who would rather be right, even if the team suffers as a consequence?  

I think you know there are some percentage of people who are exactly like that.  
Quote:I don't think he's the answer. I don't think his throwing motion is fixable. And his decision making in terms of finding receivers and pre snap reads doesn't seem to be where they should be.

But that doesn't mean I want him to fail. I'd prefer he get his rear in gear and get with the program. It's just my opinion that we've seen his ceiling and need to start looking for his replacement.

I think maybe you should have reworded the OP.

I think getting him 100% committed and in gear will lead this team to the 7-9 promise land.  Not that I expect TC or Marrone to admit they have extreme reservations about him in a press conference, but the renewed commitment to him gives me this feeling that he's almost too big to fail.     
Every true fan should want this
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9