Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Running Back!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
No disrespect to T.J. Yeldon, or any current Running Back, but this team needs a good running back. I've seen it too many times, and really, the reason the Offense stinks is due to the fact that there is no threat in the back field. Yeldon is good. . . don't get me wrong. Seriously, the Jags haven't had a 1,000 rusher in years since Mo Jo-Drew. And even then, Fred Taylor, and before that James Stewart. I've looked at the incoming crop of soon to be Draftees, and I really don't see anyone who can fit this criteria for the team. Like I said, this team is in dire need of a running back. And I don't see one in this year's draft coming up in April. Does anyone here see things differently than me? If so, please tell I'm wrong. 

This draft is loaded with running backs. So, you're wrong.
Now that TC is the head GM and he likes a power backs (taylor, Jacobs)and running the ball, looks like we'll be drafting the bigger, more powerful, faster version of Fred Taylor, Leonard Fournette.
I think Ivory has a couple of good years left and I think there are good backs in this draft.

I'd prefer they focus on the guys blocking for those backs and pick up a back in the third or fourth round of the draft. 
You lost me with "Yeldon is good... don't get me wrong"

Quote:You lost me with "Yeldon is good... don't get me wrong"
[BLEEP] the Jags lost me at picking him in the draft.
Wait... There's no good RBs in this draft?
Quote:Wait... There's no good RBs in this draft?
Yeh that kind of confused me alittle. I know of 2 that we are going to hear about for a long time and a few others that could easily turn out to be great backs at the next level.
This is one of the deepest RB classes I've ever seen lol
I bet you can't name 50 good running backs in this upcoming draft class.

Drafts a crap shoot. Theres some talent early on for RB. Jags can take a gamble on Cook or Fournette if they want and come out unscathed. Obviously if one of those defensive players somehow makes it to 4, we should look at them first, but yea I absolutely think RB is in play at 4. 

Fournette at 4. Trade Yeldon to Jets for 4th rounder.
Quote:No disrespect to T.J. Yeldon, or any current Running Back, but this team needs a good running back. I've seen it too many times, and really, the reason the Offense stinks is due to the fact that there is no threat in the back field. Yeldon is good. . . don't get me wrong. Seriously, the Jags haven't had a 1,000 rusher in years since Mo Jo-Drew. And even then, Fred Taylor, and before that James Stewart. I've looked at the incoming crop of soon to be Draftees, and I really don't see anyone who can fit this criteria for the team. Like I said, this team is in dire need of a running back. And I don't see one in this year's draft coming up in April. Does anyone here see things differently than me? If so, please tell I'm wrong.

All I hear is backs are a dime a dozen yet we don't have a good one and they are always the first position group to dry up in Fantasy.
Quote:I think Ivory has a couple of good years left and I think there are good backs in this draft.

I'd prefer they focus on the guys blocking for those backs and pick up a back in the third or fourth round of the draft.
Ivory needs to lay off the butterfingers! How many times did he fumble this year? Like 7?
Quote:All I hear is backs are a dime a dozen yet we don't have a good one and they are always the first position group to dry up in Fantasy.
I know right! This year and the previous year I was scampering to find back up running backs when the starter went down.
Quote:All I hear is backs are a dime a dozen yet we don't have a good one and they are always the first position group to dry up in Fantasy.
Caldwell has chosen the wrong RBs.

Could have had David Johnson or Coleman 2 years ago.

Could have drafted Jordan Howard this year.
Quote:Fournette at 4. Trade Yeldon to Jets for 4th rounder.
Fornette was stuffed by Alabama, which is the closest thing to NFL talent he faced in college.  Would be the Luke Joeckel of the 2017 draft if we took him at 4.
Quote:Fornette was stuffed by Alabama, which is the closest thing to NFL talent he faced in college. Would be the Luke Joeckel of the 2017 draft if we took him at 4.

Didn't watch much LSU, but how is their OL? Hard to say how good he'd be in the NFL if the OL is full of scrubs who won't be drafted
Quote:Fornette was stuffed by Alabama, which is the closest thing to NFL talent he faced in college. Would be the Luke Joeckel of the 2017 draft if we took him at 4.
Yeah I hope we pass on him. I just get the feeling he peaked in college and will be a guy plaugued with injuries his whole career.
Quote:Fornette was stuffed by Alabama, which is the closest thing to NFL talent he faced in college.  Would be the Luke Joeckel of the 2017 draft if we took him at 4.
TC will make him reach his potential. Greatness.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6