Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Meryl Streep and Hollywood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
SCOREBOARD!!!!!!
How dare you evoke the name of the Most Blessed Artist without genufleciting, you NFL, MMA watching CRETIN.
Quote:How dare you evoke the name of the Most Blessed Artist without genufleciting, you NFL, MMA watching CRETIN.

Yeah, when she said something about how all we'd have left is the NFL and MMA, I said, what's wrong with that?  
You're whining about Hollywood discussing politics, but elected a reality tv star.

This whole thread is a nonsense. From the OP on. Why has it not been deleted?
What did she say that was so offensive?
Who cares what some dimwit from Hollywood was yappin about.

Wasn't she one of whiners who wanted California to secede from The USA? Or move to Canada with Pig O'Donnell or Cher?

Why do they tease us like this? I wish they'd just damn do it already.. This country would be better off.
Waaah...

Nobody whines like a "lib".. except me when I whine about "libs".
Quote:Waaah...

Nobody whines like a "lib".. except me when I whine about "libs".

Yup. Just like a lib. All talk and no action.
Meryl Streep. Proof that you don't have to be hot to make it in Hollywood. She puts the ug in fugly. Sick

Quote:Yup. Just like a lib. All talk and no action.

You're the one whining.
I'm not sure why the political parties somehow think that having Hollywood stars are important to a political campaign.  I keep hearing about how there will be no celebrities at the inauguration and I'm trying to figure out why I would care.  Is it really now meant to be a show for people to watch?

People that have nothing to do with my day to day life somehow think I care about their opinion.  None of them live in a world that resembles my day to day life.

Quote:I'm not sure why the political parties somehow think that having Hollywood stars are important to a political campaign. I keep hearing about how there will be no celebrities at the inauguration and I'm trying to figure out why I would care. Is it really now meant to be a show for people to watch?

People that have nothing to do with my day to day life somehow think I care about their opinion. None of them live in a world that resembles my day to day life.

Without Pomp it would be pretty flipping boring. Just sayin I don't watch any of them anyhow.
Actually, celebrity's do in fact matter to politicians, because they can sway the opinion of the stupid.  And the stupid votes count just as much as the smart votes.

I remember a few moments from Obama's inauguration, but really the main thing you remember is the president putting their hand on the bible and being sworn in.  It's the main part and the most meaningful.  I would tune in for that, not the Rockettes.

superfan, I guess sadly, that part would be true.

I love when people ask why you voted for the person you did and you can actually back it up with facts that affect your everyday life.  Then you ask them why and they really only have 1 or 2 extremely superficial reasons, and it has nothing to do with any of the policies the person believes in.

In 2015, he said Streep was a very fine actress.

So he has no clue what he really thinks.

Quote:Who cares what some dimwit from Hollywood was yappin about.

Wasn't she one of whiners who wanted California to secede from The USA? Or move to Canada with Pig O'Donnell or Cher?

Why do they tease us like this? I wish they'd just damn do it already.. This country would be better off.

If the dimwits on here can express an opinion why can't an acclaimed actress?
Quote:Meryl Streep. Proof that you don't have to be hot to make it in Hollywood. She puts the ug in fugly. Sick

And you, I'm sure, are the epitome of manly. At least she has talent.
Quote:I'm not sure why the political parties somehow think that having Hollywood stars are important to a political campaign.  I keep hearing about how there will be no celebrities at the inauguration and I'm trying to figure out why I would care.  Is it really now meant to be a show for people to watch?

People that have nothing to do with my day to day life somehow think I care about their opinion.  None of them live in a world that resembles my day to day life.
This. I couldn't care less what any celebrity of any type; sports, acting, singing, etc., has to say about anything other than what they're profession is. I want to hear about Matt Damon talk about his latest movie, I don't care about his politics. Same for Clint Eastwood who happens to be a Republican. I don't care. Make your movies and live your life. 

I don't care what you think about politics until you become one. 
Quote:Actually, celebrity's do in fact matter to politicians, because they can sway the opinion of the stupid.  And the stupid votes count just as much as the smart votes.

This is mainly true on the left.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5