Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sanity Check
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I wasn't able to see the game live (traveling) but after reading the hype following the game and then watching the game (Game Rewind) I saw some good things but certainly not the hype everyone seemed to have.

They are the Browns and not a good team.  The Jags won and that's obviously a good thing but there is more than plenty of room for improvement after this game.  I wouldn't call this a break out game or anything.  Looking ahead to the rest of the schedule, I don't see 1 more winable game outside of the Titans.

The Browns helped the Jags win as much as the Jags helped themselves.  There's plenty of good to build on from the game but I would wait to see more sustained improvement until acting like we just won the Super Bowl.

Am I the only one thinking this?

I agree

Quote: 

Yes.

We can win more than just against the Titans.  Bortles should continue to get better and play better.  Hopefully they have finally figured out this run blocking thing, that should help as well.

We beat a team that had a winning record.  They are not great but they are a decent NFL team.  I'll take it.
An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?

I don't think anyone here expects the Jaguars to suddenly go 9-0 and win the Super Bowl, but the Browns game was definitely cause for hope.

Quote:Yes.

We can win more than just against the Titans.  Bortles should continue to get better and play better.  Hopefully they have finally figured out this run blocking thing, that should help as well.

We beat a team that had a winning record.  They are not great but they are a decent NFL team.  I'll take it.

Dolphins, Bengals, Cowboys, Colts, Giants, Texans x2, and Ravens...

Add in the losses of Poz and Branch and I don't see us winning against those teams (even with those guys).
Quote:An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?

lol didn't mean to poopoo the parade...just being a realist.
Of course the Browns are not a good team, after all they lost to the lowly Jags.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

Quote:lol didn't mean to poopoo the parade...just being a realist.

ehh... I think I'm a realist.  You saying the only win you see in the upcoming 9 games is the Titans does not make you a realist.  It makes you a pessimist, especially 1 day after the Jags beat the 3-2 Browns.  

We know the Browns aren't great.  They have a good running attack and we shut them down.  Our defense is paying legit football.  We have a rookie QB that is up and down.  Hopefully our offensive line and running game continue to improve.  If they do - there's no reason we can't be competitive in most games (out of 9) and win 3-4 more.
Thank God, the voice of reason.

Whatever.

Quote:I wasn't able to see the game live (traveling) but after reading the hype following the game and then watching the game (Game Rewind) I saw some good things but certainly not the hype everyone seemed to have.

They are the Browns and not a good team.  The Jags won and that's obviously a good thing but there is more than plenty of room for improvement after this game.  I wouldn't call this a break out game or anything.  Looking ahead to the rest of the schedule, I don't see 1 more winable game outside of the Titans.

The Browns helped the Jags win as much as the Jags helped themselves.  There's plenty of good to build on from the game but I would wait to see more sustained improvement until acting like we just won the Super Bowl.

You are crazy if you think just because our opponent was the Browns, we don't deserve all the hype. Brian Hoyer has been good all season. They ranked #3 in rushing. I also read we are the first team to hold them to fewer than 21 points. Cleveland is second in the AFC North behind Cincinnati. "It was the Browns" is not an excuse.
Quote:Dolphins, Bengals, Cowboys, Colts, Giants, Texans x2, and Ravens...

Add in the losses of Poz and Branch and I don't see us winning against those teams (even with those guys).

You forgot Titans at home. We will be OK without Branch for 6 weeks and get Lewis back after the bye.
I think we can beat the dolphins , titans, giants and Texans once
Quote:Yes.

Does anyone know offhand who was the last team with a winning record (not .500, but better) that the Jags beat and what was the date?

I can't even remember.
Quote:I wasn't able to see the game live (traveling) but after reading the hype following the game and then watching the game (Game Rewind) I saw some good things but certainly not the hype everyone seemed to have.

While I agree that we must have realistic expectations, I do disagree that there are no possible winnable games.

Miami - Can be a win for the Jaguars, but not an easy one.  They are coming off an impressive win in Chicago.

Cincinnati - Again is a possible win for the Jaguars.  Cincinnati hasn't really had any quality wins so far.

Dallas - Most likely not a win for the Jaguars.

Colts - A very small possibility for a Jaguars win, but I see it as a loss.

Giants - A possible win.  They aren't exactly what I call a "great" team.  Most impressive win is against Atlanta.

Texans - This one could go either way, but I suspect by this point in the season the Jaguars will be playing better football.

Ravens - Much like the Colts, I see this as a very small possibility for the Jaguars to pull off a win.

Titans - A very possible win for the Jaguars.

Texans - See my take above regarding playing the Texans.

Of the above games I would say that at least half of them are very winnable games.
Quote:I think we can beat the Dolphins, Titans, Giants, and Texans once.

If both the Jaguars and Bengals repeat their performances yesterday on the day we meet them, count that game as a win too. I heard their game was worse than the score.

Quote:You forgot Titans at home. We will be OK without Branch for 6 weeks and get Lewis back after the bye.
I believe we can beat the Titans but no one else.
Quote:Dolphins, Bengals, Cowboys, Colts, Giants, Texans x2, and Ravens...

We can beat the Titans.  The bengals just got absolutely destroyed. Cowboys, Colts, and Ravens are guaranteed losses.  Giants are bipolar, and the texans are beatable.  I agree that the fan base is over hyping, but to say we can only win 1 more is ridiculous.
What do you mean the game was worse than the score? How does that work?

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

Quote:They are the Browns and not a good team. 

This is about as intelligent as saying the Jags are still having blackout problems. 

It's not 2009 anymore. The Browns had a top 3 rushing attack and have been scoring more than 21 ppg. The Jags held them to 6.

The first win of the season and "fans" are lined up to stop anyone from giving any credit to their own team.
Pages: 1 2 3 4